Coye Francies, San Jose State, CB

Round 6, pick 185

Brian Hoyer, Michigan State, QB

Round 7, pick 225

Worrell Williams, Cal, LB

Round 7, pick 235

Nick Hennessey, Colgate, G

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0...ock-draft.html

Wow if this draft went down id be pretty happy. Although id tkae Moreno over Wells
    sigpic

AMEN! I would be VERY happy with this draft. VERY, very, very happy! I, too, would prefer Moreno as well though. Not in love with Jackson, but at least we got something for the DL, right?

Comment

Absolutely Not

I thought this was supposed to be a good mock?

Comment

Originally posted by TONYTZ7 View Post
        Whats wrong with it? I think it adresses every position nicely.
        sigpic

Comment

Id take moreno over wells. Especially since we already have a couple bigger backs and need more elusive guys like moreno. Jackson... maybe. Id prefer ayers.

Comment

I like it. Replacew Hoyer with Hunter Cantwell or Nate Davis though.
            sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
            SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by TONYTZ7 View Post
              Getting a top tier dlineman, arguably the second best RB, arguably the second best NT, a tough hard nosed end in Kruger, a safety, a project qb, and some depth is somehow not a good draft?

The first four picks would have a great shot at earning starting jobs IMO. Remember our dline problems have not been addresed as of yet. Kruger is a tough SOB who never gets overmatched. He would be a great addition to this team. He will not be passed over by Pittsburgh or Baltimore more than twice- he is the type of player that brings toughness and attitude to a defense.
              I would love this draft, although I too would prefer Moreno over Wells.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
                Id take moreno over wells. Especially since we already have a couple bigger backs and need more elusive guys like moreno.
                I agree, beanie beaned a little too much for me, and MAN I see in KM another Terrell Davis, maybe what Davis wouldve developed into had he attended GA for 4 and stayed healthy. So I dont think D will allow KM to fall into San Diego's hands, if he's picked it'll be at 12, or they'll move up a little to do so.

Otherwise decent mock from BIG Bill, he picked Jackson, Brace and Chung, as would I. All (and Wells) are potential impact players.
                Last edited by Sequence; 04-24-2009, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Holy crap! Bill Williamson wrote something i dont hate! I'd be very happy with that draft. Although like many of you said i would take Moreno over Wells

Comment

I have no idea why people have us picking Wells. If we go runningback, we go Moreno. Wells didn't even make it out here for a visit. Not to mention Moreno is a better reciever, blocker, has better vision, balance and is more durable than Wells.

Wells has good speed for his size, and may end up being a good back, but Moreno is so underrated in this draft it isn't even funny. Moreno is way more versatile than Wells is, which is what we need running back wise in this system.
                    sigpic

Comment

ok frankly i think that draft was horrible. definatly NOT a big fan of jackson at all, i have no idea why we are getting an RB in the first round not named moreno, brace is really 3rd-4th round talent who is overrated just because he is the second best NT in the draft who we will be looking to replace with in a few years, not a big fan of kruger, and the list goes on. i think most of the amatuer mocks on the forums are better then that.
                      disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Wells V. Moreno

Originally posted by Botan View Post
                        I have no idea why people have us picking Wells. If we go runningback, we go Moreno. Wells didn't even make it out here for a visit. Not to mention Moreno is a better reciever, blocker, has better vision, balance and is more durable than Wells.

Wells has good speed for his size, and may end up being a good back, but Moreno is so underrated in this draft it isn't even funny. Moreno is way more versatile than Wells is, which is what we need running back wise in this system.
                        What if Moreno is gone? I understand your preference and agree with the sentiment but it's hard to draft someone who's already been taken by another team. The question -- IMO -- is whether Wells would be the BPA at that point. I'm not sure, but I wouldn't dismiss the possibility even though he's received very little attention lately since the focus has been almost completely on Moreno. Physically speaking, he's an extremely impressive package, although Moreno is a perfect fit for us so I'd prefer him.
                        There are some people that if they don't know, you can't tell them. - Louis Armstrong
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Botan View Post

I was thinking the same thing. In addition, there are some whispers about injury concerns surrounding Wells.

The thing I like most about Moreno over Wells is his blocking. Wells is a willing blocker. Moreno is a pro.

Comment

How on earth could you guys be happy with Beanie Wells. He is injury prone and quits on his team. I live right in the middle of Buckeye country and that guy is a flat out waste of talent. I don't know if you watched the Fiesta Bowl this past year, but he would come out hurt every three plays or so. He wants to get paid and not really have to play that hard. Mark it down this kid is a little less troubled then a young Mo Clarett. How did that turn out? Take the best defender at 12 and hen Maualuga at18 if he is there. NO RB IN THE FIRST ROUND.
                            Last edited by biggbenns; 04-24-2009, 10:48 PM.

Comment

pork chop Bill did well

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                              http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0...ock-draft.html

Wow if this draft went down id be pretty happy. Although id tkae Moreno over Wells
                              I'd be really happy with the first 3 rounds. I'd even love to see us get Francies on top of that haul, since it would hit our primary needs as I see them now. I like the Knox pick, too, but I thought he'd be available later.

I really can't argue with any of this, it looks like Bill did his homework.
                              There are some people that if they don't know, you can't tell them. - Louis Armstrong
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X