Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Momentum's Final Mock (Do You Smell What the Mock is Cookin?)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Momentum's Final Mock (Do You Smell What the Mock is Cookin?)

    Do You Smell What the Mock is Cookin?


    Pick: 1 -- Detroit Lions: Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
    Pick: 2 -- St. Louis Rams: Jason Smith, OT, Baylor
    Pick: 3 -- Kansas City Chiefs: Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest
    Pick: 4 -- Seattle Seahawks: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
    Pick: 5 -- Cleveland Browns: Mark Sanchez, QB, University of Southern California
    Pick: 6 -- Cincinnati Bengals: Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
    Pick: 7 -- Oakland Raiders: Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas
    Pick: 8 -- Jacksonville Jaguars: Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri
    Pick: 9 -- Green Bay Packers: Aaron Maybin, DE, Penn State
    Pick: 10 -- San Francisco 49ers: Tyson Jackson, DE, Louisiana State University
    Pick: 11 -- Buffalo Bills: Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
    Pick: 12 -- Denver Broncos: BJ Raji, DT, Boston College
    Pick: 13 -- Washington Redskins: Michael Oher, OT, Ole Mississippi
    Pick: 14 -- New Orleans Saints: Malcolm Jenkins, DB, THE Ohio State
    Pick: 15 -- Houston Texans: Brian Cushing, LB, University of Southern California
    Pick: 16 -- San Diego Chargers: Rey Maualuga, LB, University of Southern California
    Pick: 17 -- New York Jets: Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, University of Maryland
    Pick: 18 -- Denver Broncos (from CHI): Knowshon Moreno, RB, University of Georgia
    Pick: 19 -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Mississippi
    Pick: 20 -- Detroit Lions (from DAL): William Beatty, OT, Connecticut
    Pick: 21 -- Philadelphia Eagles: Hakeem Nicks WR, UNC
    Pick: 22 -- Minnesota Vikings: Eben Britton, OT, Arizona
    Pick: 23 -- New England Patriots: James Laurinaitis, LB, THE Ohio State
    Pick: 24 -- Atlanta Falcons: Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest
    Pick: 25 -- Miami Dolphins : Darius Butler, CB UConn
    Pick: 26 -- Baltimore Ravens: Everette Brown, DE/OLB, Florida State
    Pick: 27 -- Indianapolis Colts: Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee
    Pick: 28 -- Buffalo Bills (from PHI from CAR): Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State
    Pick: 29 -- New York Giants: Kenny Britt, WR Rutgers
    Pick: 30 -- Tennessee Titans: Brian Robiskie, WR THE Ohio State
    Pick: 31 -- Arizona Cardinals: Chris ‘Beanie’ Wells, RB, THE Ohio State
    Pick: 32 -- Pittsburgh Steelers: Max Unger, OL, Oregon

  • #2
    No freakin' way any team take Andre Smith over Eugen Monroe! Did you SEE that performance at the combine?

    Any team that drafts Smith would have to close their eyes and refuse to watch!

    Andre Smith has had his pre-draft problems. His antics at the Combine were the equivalent of an average person showing up drunk to a job interview and leaving halfway through to go throw up. I wouldn't touch Smith with a first-round pick, and it wouldn't shock me if some teams removed him off their draft boards entirely.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Cugel View Post
      No freakin' way any team take Andre Smith over Eugen Monroe! Did you SEE that performance at the combine?

      Any team that drafts Smith would have to close their eyes and refuse to watch!
      Steve Wyche said today on NFLN that there is no way Andre Smith gets beyond the 6th overall.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by The Hamburgler View Post
        Steve Wyche said today on NFLN that there is no way Andre Smith gets beyond the 6th overall.
        Pretty much. He PROVES IT on film, unlike a host of players in this draft. His stock is right around that 5 spot now. I would be surprised to see him still on the board after the 8th pick.

        Comment


        • #5
          Bengals are in a great spot to take him....Cugel just because you have a bad combine(well pretty much horrible combine) doesnt mean you should negate what you he has done the past 3 years on the field. The guy is a beast and can straight up play.
          New England Patriots GM

          Comment


          • #6
            Can Mark Sanchez play OLB and rush the oppositng QB?

            No.

            Can Mark Sanchez be a wide reciever for the Browns, since they desperately need one opposite Edwards?

            No

            Not just a horrible Browns pick. But one of the worst I've ever seen and if you want to say I'm being harsh. I'm not. I'm saying it as nicely as one possibly can.
            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

            The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
              Can Mark Sanchez play OLB and rush the oppositng QB?

              No.

              Can Mark Sanchez be a wide reciever for the Browns, since they desperately need one opposite Edwards?

              No

              Not just a horrible Browns pick. But one of the worst I've ever seen and if you want to say I'm being harsh. I'm not. I'm saying it as nicely as one possibly can.
              Geesh, you're awful harsh.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cugel View Post
                No freakin' way any team take Andre Smith over Eugen Monroe! Did you SEE that performance at the combine?

                Any team that drafts Smith would have to close their eyes and refuse to watch!

                Smith has a new agency behind him now, one of the best in the buisness. They have gotten him back on the right path and will keep him there. For alot of GM's and Coachs that makes a world of difference.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
                  Geesh, you're awful harsh.
                  From my post can you tell what would be a good pick for the Browns? You can't possibly say it any clearer. The QB position doesn't rush opposing QB's in a 3-4 defensive scheme, nor does a QB catch TD passes. That's not harsh That leaving it out right in the open and saying that's a very bad selection and the Browns should do _____.

                  Funny thing is, go to his link and look what he wrote on http://nfl-draft-notebook.blogspot.com/

                  Wednesday, April 22, 2009
                  Mark Sanchez: The 09 Draft's Darling

                  First, the teams that may want Mr. Sanchez' services:

                  St. Louis
                  Seattle
                  Cleveland
                  Jacksonville
                  San Francisco
                  Denver
                  Washington
                  NY Jets
                  Minnesota

                  Out of all these teams, let's eliminate the teams that have acquired a Quarterback this offseason already. That eliminates Denver (Orton, Simms), St. Louis (Boller) and Minnesota (Sage). Out of the teams that are left let's eliminate those that have flat out said they are not drafting him. Jacksonville and San Francisco.

                  So we can now conclude that Mark Sanchez will be wearing one of the following jerseys this Saturday:

                  Seattle
                  Cleveland
                  Washington
                  NY Jets

                  Cleveland is the dark horse because they have Quinn right now unless he is traded. Seattle has a fairly young (33) Matt Hasselbeck, who said that he is capable of starting for a while. If we go ahead and eliminate those teams, that leaves us with a much clearer picture.

                  The Washington Redskins or the NY Jets.

                  Washington has a higher pick to get the deal done, but don't count out the NY Jets from pulling something off. However, if I was a betting man I'd say we see Mr. Sanchez donning the following jersey:

                  Last edited by Charlie Brown; 04-24-2009, 09:34 PM.
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

                  The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                    From my post can you tell what would be a good pick for the Browns? You can't possibly say it any clearer. The QB position doesn't rush opposing QB's in a 3-4 defensive scheme, nor does a QB catch TD passes. That's not harsh That leaving it out right in the open and saying that's a very bad selection and the Browns should do _____.

                    Funny thing is, go to his link and look what he wrote on http://nfl-draft-notebook.blogspot.com/

                    Wednesday, April 22, 2009
                    Mark Sanchez: The 09 Draft's Darling

                    First, the teams that may want Mr. Sanchez' services:

                    St. Louis
                    Seattle
                    Cleveland
                    Jacksonville
                    San Francisco
                    Denver
                    Washington
                    NY Jets
                    Minnesota

                    Out of all these teams, let's eliminate the teams that have acquired a Quarterback this offseason already. That eliminates Denver (Orton, Simms), St. Louis (Boller) and Minnesota (Sage). Out of the teams that are left let's eliminate those that have flat out said they are not drafting him. Jacksonville and San Francisco.

                    So we can now conclude that Mark Sanchez will be wearing one of the following jerseys this Saturday:

                    Seattle
                    Cleveland
                    Washington
                    NY Jets

                    Cleveland is the dark horse because they have Quinn right now unless he is traded. Seattle has a fairly young (33) Matt Hasselbeck, who said that he is capable of starting for a while. If we go ahead and eliminate those teams, that leaves us with a much clearer picture.

                    The Washington Redskins or the NY Jets.

                    Washington has a higher pick to get the deal done, but don't count out the NY Jets from pulling something off. However, if I was a betting man I'd say we see Mr. Sanchez donning the following jersey:
                    I completely agree. If the Browns take Sanchez I feel like they have pretty much lost their mind. I really hope they do though, because that means the broncos have NO chance of drafting him when they should be drafting DEFENSE!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      True Charlie.

                      However...

                      In the last few hours there had been a bum rush for Sanchez and I have NO IDEA why. He's projected to "35 teams" in the words of Michael Smith. I could really see the Browns nabbing him now because they are in the perfect position to make such a bold move with a new regime and all.

                      YES your needs are different, but I feel the ESPN hype is going to get someone to overpay for Mr. 16 starts. Just sucks that I think its the Browns who do it now.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Momentum View Post
                        True Charlie.

                        However...

                        In the last few hours there had been a bum rush for Sanchez and I have NO IDEA why. He's projected to "35 teams" in the words of Michael Smith. I could really see the Browns nabbing him now because they are in the perfect position to make such a bold move with a new regime and all.

                        YES your needs are different, but I feel the ESPN hype is going to get someone to overpay for Mr. 16 starts. Just sucks that I think its the Browns who do it now.
                        Do you think it would be possible for the Browns to draft him with the intention of trading him.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
                          Do you think it would be possible for the Browns to draft him with the intention of trading him.
                          DING DING DING... That is exactly what I think they would do, start a bidding war an gain a draft pick (or two) from the highest bidder.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The Browns are gonna be the ones to take the bait? I thought it would be the Skins.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Momentum View Post
                              True Charlie.

                              However...

                              In the last few hours there had been a bum rush for Sanchez and I have NO IDEA why. He's projected to "35 teams" in the words of Michael Smith. I could really see the Browns nabbing him now because they are in the perfect position to make such a bold move with a new regime and all.

                              YES your needs are different, but I feel the ESPN hype is going to get someone to overpay for Mr. 16 starts. Just sucks that I think its the Browns who do it now.
                              You are going to be sadly mistaken in a few hours. The Browns not only have two "legitimate" starters (if you ask me, it's one: Quinn) and adding yet another name to the mix is an extremely stupid idea.

                              Quinn is a young player who hasn't had a chance to play a full season under center. That is not enough time to judge him. So, what makes Sanchez "so great" that he's automatically better than Quinn when he hasn't played a down in the NFL. Quinn? He played healthy in one game and look fabulous.

                              Quinn, he makes much more sense for the Browns than Sanchez. Just because one NFL team with a former Bellichek assistant (Denver) is interested in Sanchez. That does not mean that another is (Cleveland). The Browns already have their young QB for the future in Quinn.
                              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

                              The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X