Official 2009 Draft Day Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2009 Draft Day Thread

Talk about and everything about today's draft.
    From who might be picked from #2 and on.
    From what you think about the pick.
    Also talk about who should trade what to get what.
    Have fun people and keep this going.

Originally posted by VABronco37 View Post
    Talk about and everything about today's draft.
    From who might be picked from #2 and on.
    From what you think about the pick.
    Also talk about who should trade what to get what.
    Have fun people and keep this going.
    Hey, we go by Mountain time here Mr. VA. It's almost 2 hrs away. Darn east coast bias.

Comment

ok, well the draft starts 4pm EASTERN so too bad...lol

But the Lions picking Stafford is just too crazy to me.
      They need to get draft pick and get an offense to block for the kid.
      Overall as of 'right now', its a D- pick.

Comment

Overall as of 'right now', its a D- pick.
        I agree that they should have gone with Smith, but a D- is a little harsh for what many consider to be the best QB in this class. I don't really think Stafford is going to be all that great, but that doesn't take away from his potential. He has many of the same skills as Cutler does (Very strong arm, good mobility, good size, etc..). I would probably give it a B-/C+. Its definitely the glamor pick, but not the safe pick.

Comment

A D- is very fair to give the Lions though, because they have done this before:
          Drew Stanton-2007
          Dan Orlovsky-2005
          Joey Harrington-2002
          Mike McMahon-2001
          Charlie Batch-1998
          Last Time the Lions got into the Playoffs was 2000 and lost to the Redskins.

The ONLY thing Matt is got over Mark is arm strength, that's all.
          Think of Stafford is Cutler's Arm and Mark is Brady's Arm.
          But Mark is WAY more ready to step up in there and play.
          At the same time though, you need blockers to pass the ball.
          Last edited by VABronco37; 04-24-2009, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Offical Draft Day Thread

Welcome to the 2009 NFL draft

Today we find out who the future Broncos stars will be

As always, please follow the CoC. I want this to be an enjoyable day for everyone...so please, no name calling (of players, coaches, board members, etc.). No profanity, or trying to cicumvent the profanity filter, either by using stars (*) or symbols to imitate words.

That being said...chat away in this thread about our draft picks, and those of our rivals and other teams.
            GO BRONCOS!:go:
            sigpic
            Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
            -Sean Payton

Comment

BUMP for D-Day

Comment

Been up since four o'clock. Finally in four minutes . Five hours till it starts ? I should have known. Well I'll get them all at once when I get home.
                Last edited by Chris Wade; 04-25-2009, 08:06 AM.
                Those Indians could prove troublesome...General George Armstrong Custer

Comment

Here is something I have been thinking about since the trade heard round the world: Do you think there is almost more pressure on the FO to hit a homerun with pick 18 than there is for them to hit one with 12? Whoever we pick with 18 will forever be linked with "The Player" while whoever we get at 12 could fade away and be thought of as just another bust. Just a thought I had, figured it could fit in the "Official Draft Day Thread"(sorry to VABroncofan whose thread of the same name got swallowed up, but that's what you get for your east coast bias).

Comment

Time heals all wounds. (more or less.) We shall see in a few years.

Comment

need a mod to sticky this....

Comment

I'm heading to Richmond to gorge myself w wings and sport my authentic Royal (great pick) jersey and listen to Deadskin and Cowgirl gfans boo.

Stafford will he get david carr syndrome where he is sacked so many times he can apply for disability at age 24? I agree OL would fit them but theb again I'm not a lions fan I wouldn't be surprised if it is a smokescreen and thet draft a Crabtree a WR w the 1st pick lol
                        sigpic
                        The Bronco fan pledge;
                        I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                        I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                        I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                        I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                        Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

need a mod to sticky this....
                          So we can have two ?

Comment

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
                            Stafford will he get david carr syndrome where he is sacked so many times he can apply for disability at age 24? I agree OL would fit them but theb again I'm not a lions fan I wouldn't be surprised if it is a smokescreen and thet draft a Crabtree a WR w the 1st pick lol
                            I agree, seems that Detroit doesn't care about their QBs.
                            I mean wow they want them to get beat up.
                            But I feel the Rams are gonna go LT or Mark.....

Comment

Overall as of 'right now', its a D- pick
                              Disagree, I don't think Stafford starts the year. I think he sits and Culpepper starts. I also think they take an OT at 20 so they get a QB and an OT in the first round, that sounds pretty solid to me.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X