Official 2009 Draft Day Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would have signed with the Broncos!

J. Leonhard would have been a nice addition.

I wonder if he realizes that the NFL is all about
    business first.

Loyalty still exists but it is very hard to find.
    I hope this is a decision he does not regret.

IMHO he is an idiot for not getting PAID.

Comment

• I'm sure Leonhard realizes this is a business. You have to realize that he must enjoy playing for Rex Ryan a lot. I'm sure Bart Scott being there too helps a bit!

Comment

• Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

business first.

Money isn't everything to everybody. If he likes playing for Ryan, likes the city of NY, etc etc, he is absolutely right to take comfort. Not that many of them are, but if he is remotely smart with his money, he is set for life no matter who he signed with.
        Do you see the way that tree bends? Does it inspire
        Leaning out to catch the sun's rays. A lesson to be applied.
        Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?
        -
        Pearl Jam

Comment

• Great post.

I see Leonhard's thought process in going to the Jets. His old DC was with the Jets and half the old Ravens. Money isnt everthing, competing for a championship is.

Comment

• Supplemental Draftee History

Draftees:
            http://www.drafthistory.com/suppleme...al-drafts.html

I couldn't recall much how well the players taken in the supplemental draft have done in past years, so research time.

Looks like the picks have been fairly disappointing for a while, back to the 98 year when Jamaal Williams and Mike Wahle were chosen. Some other decent contributors mixed in with a lot of busts, probably about on par with the regular draft.

Not that history matters much of course though, if there's a guy we think we might have a roster spot for, and is worth the pick we should throw a bid in.

Comment

• Originally posted by omahaBroncoFan View Post
              Draftees:
              http://www.drafthistory.com/suppleme...al-drafts.html

I couldn't recall much how well the players taken in the supplemental draft have done in past years, so research time.

Looks like the picks have been fairly disappointing for a while, back to the 98 year when Jamaal Williams and Mike Wahle were chosen. Some other decent contributors mixed in with a lot of busts, probably about on par with the regular draft.

Not that history matters much of course though, if there's a guy we think we might have a roster spot for, and is worth the pick we should throw a bid in.

... Chris Carter

Comment

• Impact players:

-Bernie Kosar
                -Chris Carter
                -Jamal Williams
                -Ahmad Brooks (when he could stay out of jail)
                -Jared Gaither-starting LT for the Ravens

its risky, but i can definitely pay dividends
                Founder of www.NFLDraftBoard.com

Comment

• 1989 supplemental draft.............

Denverr broncos select RB bobby Humphrey...........

Cost 1st rd pick.......

humphrey was rookie of the year in 1989 and made the probowl in 1990. had his dumb ass not held out for a new contract...Gaston green wouldnt have become the starting RB in 1991 pushing humphrey out the door to miami in a trade.....for the 92/93 seasons in which he never found success again as his career spiraled out after cocaine possesion charges....lol

as others stated there are talented players that can be found in the supplemental just as there are bad and good in the reg draft......

Comment

• Taking a hometown discount is retarded, unless you have a family and don't want to uproot them.

Otherwise it's really foolish, you think the Jets will stay loyal to him if he starts to suck, or has some horrible injury that limits his play time? Nope.

Comment

• jamal williams was an awesome supp pick, that dude has been around forever

hopefully paul oliver develops into at least 1/4 of the talent jamal became

obviously the best player on that list is cris carter
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                        jamal williams was an awesome supp pick, that dude has been around forever

hopefully paul oliver develops into at least 1/4 of the talent jamal became

obviously the best player on that list is cris carter
                        I forgot about Oliver. I was hoping the Broncos would take him...how's he doing with SD?

Comment

• The Broncos almost didn't trade Jay Cutler too, but you know what they say, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades!

Comment

• Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

business first.

IMHO I think the nfl needs players that are loyal and not all about getting money now...its the reason we have idiotic situations like jay cutler and brandon marshall... I wish there were less me first players in this league and more people that would do what it takes to be with the team that wants them even if it means a little bit less than going elsewhere. Team first players are what helped build a dynasty in New England and I wish we'd get more of that here.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X