Jeff Schweiger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Schweiger

when i saw we signed this guy as a rookie free agent i had no idea who he was. when i saw what he can do i was thinking "damn that's a pretty solid workout". a 6-foot-5 276 pound linebacker with a 4.7 40-yard dash, 36 vertical, 10-foot broad jump and 4.56 shuttle, should be interesting to watch at least

http://sanjosestate.scout.com/2/849484.html
    Darcel McBath 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco

McDaniel's Assistant Assylum: Defensive Line Coach

Jay Cutler 336-555 3666 yards 27 TD 26 INT 7W 9L
    vs.
    Kyle Orton 336-541 3802 yards 21 TD 12 INT 8W 8L
    Robert Ayers 18 Tackles 1 TD
    First Round Pick TBA

I'm wondering if this guy moves to DE. He is actually bigger than Ayers and I have a funny feeling at 276 pds he would be a liability in coverage.

Comment

When did we sign him? Any links?

Comment

I think this is good. We need to look at as many players as we can in the front seven. I think DJ and Ayers are the only garuntees to get a roster spot. Maybe dumerville. Other than that I think the rest of the front seven is wide open.

Comment

I dont think his athletic ability really translated to the field. He couldn't get playing time at USC, and even at San Jose State he didn't have very good stats. It's not like they were double teaming him the whole time either because Jarron Gilbert was getting all the attention.

It would be great if we can help him realize his potential, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. He may stick around on the practice squad, hopefully that will help him develop.

Comment

how old is he guys I have looked everywhere and I can't find it...
            "Dude, I know what you mean, and I feel your frustration. Everybody only reads what they want to read. If you sound a bit negative about the team or a player, you will immediatley be flamed. They tend to get caught up on the most trivial bs ever
            It's a huge part of the culture of this board you just have to learn how to deal with. You can go 5-6 pages explaining to these people"
            -Dragster69
            I salute you :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by bahn View Post
              When did we sign him? Any links?
              it's on the home page under "blogs"

vs.
              First Round Pick TBA

Comment

The only problem is that he is not a very good football player. He did not have a good year for San Jose State and couldn't cut it at USC.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post
                  The only problem is that he is not a very good football player. He did not have a good year for San Jose State and couldn't cut it at USC.
                  but that was at D end, and he is athletic enough to play OLB. with a good coach and a few moves, he could be a solid SOLB. he has the tools, now he needs the experience.

vs.
                  First Round Pick TBA

Comment

From what I read he transfered to SJ st to get more playing time and then suffered several injuries including a season long ankle injury this year.
                    2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                      From what I read he transfered to SJ st to get more playing time and then suffered several injuries including a season long ankle injury this year.
                      can you get a link? im getting really interested in this guy

vs.
                      First Round Pick TBA

Comment

There's a good chance Ayers gets the start at Rush-LB (WOLB) this season. I think Schweiger beats out Dumervil and Moss for the back-up spot. Wouldn't surprise me to see Doom and Moss get traded or cut before Pre-Season.

Comment

Originally posted by Goatmaster View Post
                          but that was at D end, and he is athletic enough to play OLB. with a good coach and a few moves, he could be a solid SOLB. he has the tools, now he needs the experience.
                          I don't agree. I watched him play several times. He is slow reacing off of the ball and makes horrible reads. He is makes one bad decision after another. I think his skill set will transfer horribly to LB.

He has speed and strength but those are not the only required tools. I doubt he will ever make the roster. Just my opinion. Since we signed him I hope I am wrong. I would love to see a stud come out of our UFA class.

Comment

Originally posted by sage View Post
                            There's a good chance Ayers gets the start at Rush-LB (WOLB) this season. I think Schweiger beats out Dumervil and Moss for the back-up spot. Wouldn't surprise me to see Doom and Moss get traded or cut before Pre-Season.
                            I doubt you have ever seen Schweiger play. His work out numbers just dont translate to the field. There is no way he beats out Dumervil, he'll be lucky to make the practice squad.

Comment

Yeah, PS is about the best Schweiger can hope for. But I think at least 2-3 of the UDFA D-linemen will make the roster, and I think Jarvis Moss will be among the final cuts at the end of preseason.

Comment

Working...
                              X