Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draftguys' UDFA grade

I got this from another site:

They have complete grades for the AFC at the link, and also have posted grades for NFC UDFA.

http://draftguys.com/index.php/artic..._grades_-_afc/

Denver Broncos

LB Braxton Kelley, Kentucky
    LB Jeff Schweiger, San Jose State
    OT Marcus Gordon, Kentucky State
    RB Kestahn Moore, Florida
    WR Travis Shelton, Temple
    DE Rulon Davis, Cal-Berkeley
    WR Nate Swift, Nebraska
    DT Chris Baker, Hampton
    WR David Grimes, Notre Dame
    OT Stanley Bryant, E. Carolina
    LB Lee Robinson, Alcorn State
    DT Everette Pedescleaux, N. Iowa
    TE Marquez Branson, Central Arkansas
    CB Dominique Johnson, Jackson State
    WR Lucas Taylor, Tennessee
    CB Tony Carter, Florida State

Here’s your top UDFA class. They didn’t address the front seven as much as most people wanted them to in the draft, but Rulon Davis is a born 3-4 DE and an Iraq tested marine, Pedescleaux has tons of upside, Robinson could end up being a beast of an ILB if he’s smart enough to handle the position, and Chris Baker is one of the few guys in the draft class who has the frame to play 3-4 NT. I also think Tony Carter will stick as a nickel/dime corner, and Nate Swift is an underrated, hard-nosed wideout.

Grade: A+

We signed good UDFAs. Combined with our draft selections, our rookie class is pretty strong. But this thread unfortunately won't have lots of comments/replies because good news are ignored. Only flaming threads plagued by teddy bears and Cutlerettes reach pages 2, 3 and beyond.
    sigpic

Comment

I think alot of these guys have a chance to make the squad. Im very excited about all these signings.
      sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
        We signed good UDFAs. Combined with our draft selections, our rookie class is pretty strong. But this thread unfortunately won't have lots of comments/replies because good news are ignored. Only flaming threads plagued by teddy bears and Cutlerettes reach pages 2, 3 and beyond.
        I love good news! Im uber positive about the new look and the upcoming season!
        sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

I like the fact that McDaniels is getting lots a players that seem to have potential, without paying the price for them! I think some of the D-Line prospects are incredibly intriguing. I hope they can do some damage!!

Also, Harris said that the defense seems to be quick out there, wanted to prove the doubters wrong.

I think this defense will play with a chip on their shoulder, and with the help of Nolan (who has an actual scheme) we will see a difference.

Comment

I think Rulon DAvis will be a solid contributor.

Chris Baker has potential, and Nate swift looks like he could do well in our system.

We certainly made up for our lack of attention to the front seven in the draft with our UDFA.
            A book I wrote

Comment

Just another A+ to an already perfect offseason

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                Why do you have to ruin a good comment with insults at the end?

People just can't let go and need to bring up the dispute one way or the other. It almost pathetically funny. Here there was a positive statement and then you attack people who supported our spear thrower for the past 3 years.

If you wish to move on, do so, without the insults.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hockey Guy View Post
                  Why do you have to ruin a good comment with insults at the end?

People just can't let go and need to bring up the dispute one way or the other. It almost pathetically funny. Here there was a positive statement and then you attack people who supported our spear thrower for the past 3 years.

If you wish to move on, do so, without the insults.
                  You won the Good Citizen Award. Now do the same in the 10+ pathetic threads in the General Discussions.
                  sigpic

Comment

I knew that our UDFA class had a lot of intriguing names starting with Baker but this is great to see the rest of the guys rated so highly. Lets hope that this makes for great competition for players to run the 3-4 and greatly improves our defense. After the draft many of us and the "experts" said that we had a good draft but didn't address enough of our needs. Thats where these players come into play. Looking at the whole picture, we have strengthened our team immensly IMO and addressed all those needs. I can't wait to see all these players in week one after our full team is assembled and ready to go.
                    sigpic

MORENO THE TORNEDO

Comment

I certainly don't expect this every off-season; heck, we may never see anything like this again under Mcdaniels....

BUT, it really was out with the old & in with the new, eh?

12 free agents, 10 draft picks, 17 UDFA... Almost 40 new faces! A complete overhaul....

What's not to love. It took McD-Xanders one year to do what Shanny couldn't do the last decade!

I was confused following the draft, but now the plan is as clear as day. He didn't want to address the front-7 (after snagging Ayers) b/c he had his eyes on a few guys.

Baker-Davis-Pedescleaux-Robinson-Schweiger.... to McD/Xanders, were just as good as guys like Hill-Brace, Maualuga-Jasper, Gilbert.... I mean, they had their eyes on solid ILB, a rush OLB, 2 DEs and a nose.

This allowed them to fortify the secondary with their top draft picks.

The Cutler deal is now final:

Cutler, Orakpo, a 3rd & 5th for Orton, Branstater, Moreno, Ayers, Smith, Quinn & Olsen.

That's the deal right there folks. Was it worth it? Time will tell.

We still have a pick in each round next year!

I do prefer Moreno-Ayers to Orakpo... I love the Smith selection, and Quinn-Olsen help our depth. It all boils down to this: Does Cutler ever live up to his real potential? Can Mcd get enough out of Orton to compete the next few years? Will he groom Branstater?

If he does magic with the QBs.... This trade is a huge win for DEN...

Comment

fraguela09 I certainly don't expect this every off-season; heck, we may never see anything like this again under Mcdaniels....

BUT, it really was out with the old & in with the new, eh?

12 free agents, 10 draft picks, 17 UDFA... Almost 40 new faces! A complete overhaul....

What's not to love. It took McD-Xanders one year to do what Shanny couldn't do the last decade!

I was confused following the draft, but now the plan is as clear as day. He didn't want to address the front-7 (after snagging Ayers) b/c he had his eyes on a few guys.

Baker-Davis-Pedescleaux-Robinson-Schweiger.... to McD/Xanders, were just as good as guys like Hill-Brace, Maualuga-Jasper, Gilbert.... I mean, they had their eyes on solid ILB, a rush OLB, 2 DEs and a nose.

This allowed them to fortify the secondary with their top draft picks.

Cutler, Orakpo, a 3rd & 5th for Orton, Branstater, Moreno, Ayers, Smith, Quinn & Olsen.

We still have a pick in each round next year!

I do prefer Moreno-Ayers to Orakpo... I love the Smith selection, and Quinn-Olsen help our depth. It all boils down to this: Does Cutler ever live up to his real potential? Can Mcd get enough out of Orton to compete the next few years? Will he groom Branstater?

If he does magic with the QBs.... This trade is a huge win for DEN...

I agree with everything that you said but how does Orakpo fit into the discussion breakdown of the trade?
                        sigpic

MORENO THE TORNEDO

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post

What? That wasn't the Cutler deal. We sent Cutler and a 5th round pick to Chicago for two 1st rounders and a 3rd rounder and Kyle Orton.

We got Orton, Ayers, Smith, and Quinn with those picks.

Chicago got Cutler and Johny Knox

That was the real deal.......not the farse you posted.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                            What? That wasn't the Cutler deal. We sent Cutler and a 5th round pick to Chicago for two 1st rounders and a 3rd rounder and Kyle Orton.

We got Orton, Ayers, Smith, and Quinn with those picks.

Chicago got Cutler and Johny Knox

That was the real deal.......not the farse you posted.

Well, I see it differently.... if we kept Cutler, then we have 1 1st rouner.... we probably take Orakpo. Maybe we still take Ayers or even Moreno.... Still, it sounds better to say we got Ayers-Moreno, instead of just Orakpo.

We also traded the 3rd rounder we got from CHI, and in return got Quinn and a 5th rounder (?), which we used to take Olsen.

So, you can't just say we got Quinn.... Why? B/C we had to deal our 3rd (along with CHI's 3rd to get that extra 2nd rounder).

AND, if we didn't deal Cutler, we probably do not draft Branstater.

Complicated? NO. To make it simple.... just go with what I said.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                              Well, I see it differently.... if we kept Cutler, then we have 1 1st rouner.... we probably take Orakpo. Maybe we still take Ayers or even Moreno.... Still, it sounds better to say we got Ayers-Moreno, instead of just Orakpo.

We also traded the 3rd rounder we got from CHI, and in return got Quinn and a 5th rounder (?), which we used to take Olsen.

So, you can't just say we got Quinn.... Why? B/C we had to deal our 3rd (along with CHI's 3rd to get that extra 2nd rounder).

AND, if we didn't deal Cutler, we probably do not draft Branstater.

Complicated? NO. To make it simple.... just go with what I said.
                              All of that is SPECULATION.

No we did not get an extra 5th rounder from Chicago. We got two 1st round picks, Kyle Orton, and a 3rd rounder.

We gave Chicago Cutler and the 5th round pick we got from Seattle in the Colbert trade.

Let me lay this out as clearly as possible:

Broncos: Orton, Ayers, Smith, 1/2 a TE (the other 1/2 from our other 3rd)

Chicago: Cutler, WR Johnny Knox

Speculate all you want.....but that ISN'T what happened. That is not the Cutler trade. This is...

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Working...
                              X