Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos taking an intrest in Levi Jones.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos taking an intrest in Levi Jones.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...in-levi-jones/

Suddenly out of a job today after being cut by the Cincinnati Bengals, offensive tackle Levi Jones’ next NFL employer could be the Denver Broncos if he’s unable to obtain a starting position elsewhere, according to Bill Williamson of ESPN.com.

Although no deal appears to be imminent, the Broncos are reportedly one of the teams interested in Jones.

Here’s the caveat: The Broncos are just interested in Jones as insurance behind standout young tackle Ryan Clady.

Per the report, Jones is expected to explore the Detroit Lions and the Buffalo Bills’ respective offensive line situations before he’ll seriously evaluate backup opportunities.

So, a quick signing appears unlikely for Jones, a former first-round draft pick from Arizona State.

A pretty unneeded addition to an already outstanding O-Line...

sounds fine to me

experienced veteran back up.... where's the problem?
    He's still Tim Tebow... and you're NOT!
    But Peyton Manning will win a Super Bowl.

Comment

And if he lands in Detroit.... don't expect them to lose 16 more this year at all. :nono:
      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

I'd be fine with him signing. We are too thin at OT behind Clady and Harris. Polumbus is decent, but other than that (Gorin and a few UFA's) theres nothing spectacular. My guess is that someone will give him the chance to start though

Comment

If he wants to start, and the opportunity presents itself, he wont sign here. If he has limited options he might be interested just to back up Clady. I would be fine with that, we dont have a lot of depth at Tackle behind Harris and Clady.
          A book I wrote

Comment

Hell, I'd move him to guard and open a competetion between him and hamilton.

If Hamilton wins, no loss.

If jones wins, ship off hamilton for a 4th or 3rd

Comment

Originally posted by CTM View Post
              If he wants to start, and the opportunity presents itself, he wont sign here. If he has limited options he might be interested just to back up Clady. I would be fine with that, we dont have a lot of depth at Tackle behind Harris and Clady.
              I guess its just me, but I really liked what I saw out of Polumbus last year in preseason. Beyond that we also have some unproven younger players but healthier players that I think deserve a shot.

If he's willing to come here an compete for a backup spot with a pretty small contract I really wouldn't care. If not, we really don't need him.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm more comfortable with Polumbus than Mr.Injury (L.Jones)

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

He will land in Buffalo. They are in desperate need of a starting OT. He would be a back-up at best with us.
                  sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

He will be a seahawk or a bill. But i would love to see him as a bronco, he would make a great back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                      Hell, I'd move him to guard and open a competetion between him and hamilton.

If Hamilton wins, no loss.

If jones wins, ship off hamilton for a 4th or 3rd

We would be lucky if any team offered us a 7th rd pick for Hamilton. Teams just dont give away draft picks for aging veterans that are 1 concussion from retirment.
                      sigpic

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

Comment

I would love to have Levi as a back-up...just in case. However it is unlikely that he doesn't land a starting job on one of the forementioned clubs.

As long as it's not Chicago I don't really care where else he goes!
                        " A kickers success is dependent upon his teams failure"...by SorryAss ChargerFans

Comment

I assume the staff thought fairly high of polumbus go since we let Pears go who was doing pretty good in his own right. Jones might make a better tweener if we should need someone to step in at guard in a hurry, maybe thats the thought.

Injuries aside, Levi Jones did fairly good in Cinncinati right?

I'd have to agree with the not really needed verdict especially since he should be able to draw in more salary than youd really want to pay a backup.

Comment

Working...
                          X