• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orton or Simms

Which QB will win the Battle

Kyle Orton
    Strengths - Accuracy , Mental Awareness , Decision Making, Leadership
    Weaknesses - Arm Strength , Movement in the Pocket.

Chris Simms
    Strengths - Arm Strength, movement in the pocket
    Weaknesses - Decision making , Leader Ship , Accuracy
    Orton
    79.46%
    Simms
    20.54%

Originally posted by DAMFL2009 View Post

Kyle Orton

Chris Simms
    I hope McD coaches those "weaknesses" outa their hides. Then we can just proceed with the "strengths."

Comment

I wish I had the ability to go watch old game tape. I don't really know which of these QB's is better as I haven't watched much of them. It makes it much harder to have an informed opinion when I have only seen each play a couple times. According to the hype, it looks like Orton will be the starter.

Comment

Brandstateeeeeeeer (by the way, I hate his number... 3? That's a punter's number...)
        sigpic

Comment

No doubt Orton wins this job. He has more talent.

Comment

I feel that Orton will win it. Simms is very capable, but I think the fact that he sat out much of the past 2 years would make him pretty rusty. I think Orton is just more battle tested and is an overall better QB. Although I think Simms is a very good backup though.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
              I feel that Orton will win it. Simms is very capable, but I think the fact that he sat out much of the past 2 years would make him pretty rusty. I think Orton is just more battle tested and is an overall better QB. Although I think Simms is a very good backup though.
              I couldn't agree more ... now I'm higher on kyle orton than maybe anyone on this forum ... and I have seen his tape ... he's a smart guy that won't lose his head in a 2 minute situation ... not saying that simms would ... just based on his tape ... he has .... also Orton is Smart with the Football ... so we will see many less INT's then last year .... but probly many less TD's as well .... but hey you never know what might happen.

Comment

Im a Neckbeard Army Soldier, baby!
                sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

who ever is better in the "system" would be fine...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trenchwar08 View Post
                    I hope McD coaches those "weaknesses" outa their hides. Then we can just proceed with the "strengths."
                    yeh, no kidding

Comment

Simms has not played in a while. I've seen him play a lot in college, and he was a good passer, throws a pretty deep ball
                      Orton, may at this time be a bit more "seasoned" than Simms, hence holding an edge going into competition, but I'd like to see them both in pre-season play to see who stands out...
                      sigpic
                      I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Kyle Orton

Chris Simms
                        These two are are in dead heat entering camp, but Simms will probably be our starter when the season starts. We can expect both QBs to improve under this offense and McCoy/McD's guidance, but Simms has the tools that Orton does not.

Decision making, leadership and accuracy are things that can be improved, while arm strength and mobility can not. In a close competition; Orton's career has plateaued, but Simms can be great. Cutler > Back-up Ramsey and Simms > back-up Orton for the same reasons.

Comment

Kyle Orton
                          Strengths - Accuracy , Mental Awareness , Decision Making, Leadership, Neckbeard

Chris Simms
                          Fixed it for ya!

In all seriousness, I think that Orton is a bit more complete at this point and will win the start at the beginning. I do think that he could lose the job at some point, but it most likely take a meltdown or injury.
                          sigpic

Comment

orton poll

Agree Orton most likely starter or trade does not happen to begin with; he is the model Josh wants with the locker room leadership qualities. Most important is the desire. Arm strength not as big an issue when you look at the tapes. And how many throws are seriously over 60 yards? The red zone is like putting in golf and that is where he is especially competititve and in the 4th quarter delivers...imagine with the talent he now has to work with and a good O line.

Comment

At this point I think its ortons job to lose.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X