What to expect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to expect?

As far as stats and impact. What do you guys expect from Moreno, Ayers, and Smith?
    sigpic
    Props to Peerless^
    Officially Supporting the Brown and Gold vertical socks. 2009.
    Official Kyle Orton Army Solidier #17.
    Official Knowshon Moreno Fan Club #57
    Pro-McDaniels

moreno
    expectation (at least) staring job, over 1000 yards
    my prediction- 1300 rush yards 400 recieving 12 TDs OROY

ayers
    expectation- starting job, maybe 3-5 sacks
    my prediction-leads the team in sacks with 10 sacks, makes pro bowl and strong case for DROY

smith
    expectation- becomes a decent nickel with one or two picks
    my prediction- wins the starting job, gets passed on alot so he'll end up with 4-5 picks.

yes, i know that sounds a bit optimistic, but i'm generally not the possitive type but i still think thats how good our first 3 picks were. OROY, and two who have a good chance at winning DROY (although yet another LB will take it, curry)
    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
      moreno

ayers
      my prediction-leads the team in sacks with 10 sacks, makes pro bowl and strong case for DROY

smith
      my prediction- wins the starting job, gets passed on alot so he'll end up with 4-5 picks.

yes, i know that sounds a bit optimistic, but i'm generally not the possitive type but i still think thats how good our first 3 picks were. OROY, and two who have a good chance at winning DROY (although yet another LB will take it, curry)
      The thing about Ayers making the pro bowl made me think of Clady. More than likely if your prediction comes true Ayers will probably get passed up for the pro bowl just like Clady did this past season.

:salute!:
      A day to remember: 4-19-1995

Comment

nothing!

expectations only lead to disappointments...

just hope for the best...

sigpic

Comment

Wow. Offensive and Defensive ROY's?

Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
          moreno

ayers

smith

Comment

I predict that Moreno will get 1500+ yards and 10+ TDs and earn ROY.

Ayers will win the starting spot, excel at stopping the run, and get 2-5 sacks.

Smith will eventually earn the #2 spot, and get 4-10 INTs.

And that's what I expect from them since I predicted it.
            sigpic
            Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Moreno-

1400+ rush yds

10+ rush tds

600+ rec yds

5+ rec tds

Ayers-

60+ tkls

15+ tfl

10+ sks

Smith-

20+ tkls

6+ ints

Boom

Comment

I expect Moreno to start after the first few games and doubt if he will reach 1000 yards because of Denver having so many good running backs. With his many talents he may be a ideal 3rd down back to start with.
                Ayers won't start either but will see time on special formations and will probably start by the end of the year.
                The rookie that will surprise people will be either Carlton Powell or Chris Baker. I look for several to make the squad but probably won't start but will be vital on special teams. I don't think the East Coast bias will allow anyone on Denvers team to win any rookie honors or even make the pro bowl Clady was a good example of that. He was probably one of the best left tackles in the NFL by the end of the season and had he played for an East coast team he would have been a pro bowl starter! That is alright though, that same East Coast bias will allow Denver to sneak up on some teams in '09.
                I really look for good things from Denver this season.

Comment

Knowshon Moreno:
                  ATT- 290+
                  Yards- 1400+
                  Tds- 12+
                  Rec- 33
                  yards- 500+
                  tds-3+
                  ROY, OROY

Robert Ayers:
                  Tck- 80+
                  Sks- 5-9
                  INT- 2+
                  FF- 3+
                  potential DROY and pro bowler

Alphonso Smith:
                  tcks- 50+
                  INT- 5+
                  FF-2+

Darcel McBath:
                  Tck- 70+
                  sks- 3+
                  INT- 4+
                  FF 2+

Richard Quinn:
                  Rec- 21
                  yards- 280+
                  Tds- 2

now that is a Super bowl team if they really turn out like that.
                  sigpic

Credit Goes To JIM :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by Banme View Post
                    Wow. Offensive and Defensive ROY's?
                    McShay said it had a good chance of happening. I know "experts" aren't always right, but you know something has a decent chance if one like Mcshay says it.

Comment

My predition:

PAIN

Comment

Originally posted by licence_to_kill View Post
                        My predition:

PAIN
                        sigpic

Comment

I'd expect Moreno to average about 15 carries per game which should get him over 1000, plus enough catches to get another 400+ yards and he should manage double digit TD's.

Ayers should get a few sacks but his primary impact should come setting the edge against the run so I don't see any eye popping stats even though he plays well.

Smith's time to shine will come when they throw at him to avoid Champ and they stop trying to force throws over his head just to prove he's short. 3 or 4 picks later in the season and a reputation as strong press corner as long as they get some pressure up front.
                          \

Comment

Mayock's ratings

It's been posted before but I'll post it again in case anyone missed it.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?...s&confirm=true

Mike Mayock, who's one of the best sources on player evaluations, has Ayers as the #3 best prospect in the entire draft (best defensive player, too). He also has Moreno as the #4 best prospect.

Alphonso Smith doesn't make his top 20 list but would apparently be close (Butler did, and Mayock ranks Smith as the next best CB).

For all the talk from the lesser informed pundits, indications are that we did very well with our top 3 choices.
                            There are some people that if they don't know, you can't tell them. - Louis Armstrong
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by colinski View Post
                              It's been posted before but I'll post it again in case anyone missed it.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?...s&confirm=true

Mike Mayock, who's one of the best sources on player evaluations, has Ayers as the #3 best prospect in the entire draft (best defensive player, too). He also has Moreno as the #4 best prospect.

Alphonso Smith doesn't make his top 20 list but would apparently be close (Butler did, and Mayock ranks Smith as the next best CB).

For all the talk from the lesser informed pundits, indications are that we did very well with our top 3 choices.
                              During the course of the offseason what exactly has Mayock been saying about Ayers? Because, I heard he really like Ayers.
                              sigpic
                              Props to Peerless^
                              Officially Supporting the Brown and Gold vertical socks. 2009.
                              Official Kyle Orton Army Solidier #17.
                              Official Knowshon Moreno Fan Club #57
                              Pro-McDaniels

Comment

Working...
                              X