Ellis NOW released...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellis NOW released...

I know everyone on here says "We should sign this person" after they are free, but Greg Ellis still quick and would make an excellent addition to a much needed pass rush, we wont get em but I can hope..

I heard he wanted to leave Dallas because he didn't want to play OLB in a 3-4. If that is true, he won't come here.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm down for Greg Ellis, as long as he comes cheap AND he displaces Darrell Reid at one of the Outer Linebacker spots.

I'm still disgusted that a defensive tackle is playing Outer Linebacker in our scheme. I was hoping that Darrell Reid would be a fixture AS A DEFENSIVE END in our 3-4 line for years to come, not a freakin linebacker.

Can you imagine how many time he's going to get burned when he's asked to drop back into coverage and watch out for running backs, full backs, and tight ends?

Sure, he's a little bit more athletic than your average defensive tackle, but not as athletic to a point where he is with the starting unit at linebacker...ahead of Robert Ayers, Jarvis Moss, and Tim Crowder.

/rant over...

Let's get Greg Ellis ONLY if he comes cheap.:salute!:

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by jdubv724 View Post
        I heard he wanted to leave Dallas because he didn't want to play OLB in a 3-4. If that is true, he won't come here.
        No, he was released by Dallas because he counted over $5 million against the cap and the Cowboys were poised to start Anthony Spencer.

I'm not even sure where you got that...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
          No, he was released by Dallas because he counted over $5 million against the cap and the Cowboys were poised to start Anthony Spencer.

I'm not even sure where you got that...
          Somebody on an Oakland Raiders message board. I don't know if it is true or not.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jdubv724 View Post
            Somebody on an Oakland Raiders message board. I don't know if it is true or not.

That's a GREAT source

Take what Raider fans say with a grain of salt...

sigpic

Comment

He would be a good addition. The guy makes 8 sacks per season, that's good for us. I know he would take playing time from our young OLBs, but we need to win some games, right? Plus, his previous experience in the 3-4 will help the development of our current players. Dawkins and Hill will also take playing time from the young safeties, we want results now.
              sigpic

Comment

Ellis would be perfect for us. DEN would instantly be a serious threat on defense. Champ-Dawkins-Ellis would be the face of our defense in 2009. DJ would be flying around making plays. Secondary would be making plays and tough to crack, while the DL would be good enough.

Ellis would be great for Elvis, Crowder, Moss & Ayers. help alleviate the pressure.

Signing Ellis would also be the Patriot way of doing things- BUT, I bet the Patriots themselves make a play for Ellis. Fits in to what they do. They lost Vrabel....

Comment

I'm down for Greg Ellis, as long as he comes cheap AND he displaces Darrell Reid at one of the Outer Linebacker spots.

I'm still disgusted that a defensive tackle is playing Outer Linebacker in our scheme. I was hoping that Darrell Reid would be a fixture AS A DEFENSIVE END in our 3-4 line for years to come, not a freakin linebacker.

Can you imagine how many time he's going to get burned when he's asked to drop back into coverage and watch out for running backs, full backs, and tight ends?

Sure, he's a little bit more athletic than your average defensive tackle, but not as athletic to a point where he is with the starting unit at linebacker...ahead of Robert Ayers, Jarvis Moss, and Tim Crowder.

/rant over...

Let's get Greg Ellis ONLY if he comes cheap.:salute!:
                  I don't believe Reid will be the starting OLB when the season starts, that is still a long ways away.
                  sigpic

Comment

That's a GREAT source

Take what Raider fans say with a grain of salt...
                    or the whole effin salt shaker...
                    sigpic

Comment

I just think between him and Dawkins, some of our other guys, you can never have too much experience. Dawk brings his Philly style to the table, Ellis would have all those years playing D under Parcells, Phillips, I mean, anything to get our whole D as a core better ya-na-I-mean?

Comment

Pick him up. Now.

Comment

I've also heard the claim that he wants out of Dallas because he doesn't like being an OLB in a 3-4, but that just doesn't sound right. Don't D-Linemen typically dislike the 3-4 and the linebackers love it?
                          Regardless, if we can get him, even if we have to spend some money on him, I think we should go after him. I think he will contribute a lot to the team in terms of leadership and will fill in a position that we are very uncertain about (we might have a lot of good 3-4 OLB, yet we might have none).
                          sigpic

Comment

It'd be smart to make a move for him...

Btw, I hope to god, Reid doesn't start at OLB, it should be Ayers. That is if we don't sign Ellis.
                            sigpic
                            Props to Peerless^
                            Officially Supporting the Brown and Gold vertical socks. 2009.
                            Official Kyle Orton Army Solidier #17.
                            Official Knowshon Moreno Fan Club #57
                            Pro-McDaniels

Comment

On moving the chains yesterday they quoted him as saying he wants to play in a 4-3 and be a starter. Pat Kirwin is usually pretty reliable.
                              Welcome to the team 2010 draft picks

Comment

Working...
                              X