The New Marshall Plan: Trade Him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theflammer View Post
    Look, This is simple...To us this is a Sport but to the Players it's Business and None of us want to work 8 hours a Day for less money and if you have a degree, thne you put your pay scale based on the market in that field....

So there isn't no way to hold Marshall accountable when he has bills to pay and a long life to live regardless if it's in the NFL. We all want the next Elway where he comes in and plays and thinks TEAM FIRST but lets face it Johnny never lived a tough life as a kid and didn't need to worry about long term as much...

90% of the players theses days do this and most are Black. The White guys for some reason either have money or have people to talk them through things other then Agents and the main reason is that they are normally the QB's and you get special treament or the Team is affraid of losing you, where there are a 1000 WR's sitting on their couch waiting for a call.

This isn't a Race Thing but a Fact thing...other then the off field crap then Marshall has done everything to derserve his money and he has the right to demand more money..

Now it's Pat's right to do it or not toooooo.
    Tell me what kind of "bill" any human being has that 2.2 million in a year can't cover!

Comment

• I think the decision has already been made

I think Brandon is as good as gone. Bowlen and McD have already shown that they have no problems trading away a top player if it's easier than dealing with the problem. Why do you guys think we signed Brandon Lloyd? Our WR corps is loaded with mid-level talent without Marshall. McD thinks he's an offensive genius and can win with any QB. I'm sure he thinks he can do it without Marshall.

The Patriots won 3 Superbowls before they had really good WRs. Since bringing in Moss and Welker, they're 0-1 in the Superbowl and missed the playoffs the next year. I'm positive McD believes his scheme will work even without Marshall. This is shaping up to be an identical situation to the Cutler fiasco, only we won't get near the compensation for Marshall. Everyone will think it's just something that will work itself out and Marshall will show up for TC as expected. I expect him to be traded sometime in the next few weeks. The only snag would be finding a team willing to take a gamble on him. I can guarantee you that if the trade is for a player, there's no chance we'll get the same production out of him.

At this point, I expect to see almost a completely new team on the field week one. Unfortunately, I don't think it will be a good one.

Comment

• Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
        I think Brandon is as good as gone.
        Not so fast. McDaniels wants Marshall in Denver and is keeping communications open. He was doing the same with Cutler (after the trade rumors) until Bowlen decided it was time to move on. So, I think Bowlen is the one who might lose his patience and let Marshall go. I think there is still time to mend the situation, and Marshall has no options, the Broncos are in control.

McD thinks he's an offensive genius and can win with any QB. I'm sure he thinks he can do it without Marshall.
        I don't agree. If he thought like that, he would have taken the Redskins' offer and Jason Campbell would be our QB. But he chose Orton when the Redskins had higher picks than the Bears.

The Patriots won 3 Superbowls before they had really good WRs. Since bringing in Moss and Welker, they're 0-1 in the Superbowl and missed the playoffs the next year. I'm positive McD believes his scheme will work even without Marshall.
        The scheme might work without Marshall, but I believe McDaniels wants him. A big target like Marshall helps the quarterback a lot. Plus, his ability to gain yards after the catch would match really well with the screen passes that McDaniels likes to use.

This is shaping up to be an identical situation to the Cutler fiasco, only we won't get near the compensation for Marshall.
        If we can't get good compensation for Marshall, there is no reason to trade him. We have good depth at WR. He is not expensive. He is still under contract, so he better show up and play unless he wants to ruin his career.
        sigpic

Comment

• SO obviously I would hate to see Marshall leave, but in the interest of Bracing myself for a turn for the worse, I am going to list the teams I feel we could most likely deal him to.

1. Jacksonville- Under the radar in terms of teams being speculated but they could use exactly what Bmarsh is, a Dynamic #1 type receiver that has big play ability. I think they could pair him with a Veteran like Torry Holt and have quite a nice duo. This is a team that is close to making a deep run in the playoffs, they might want to take the risk and mortgage their future on a chance to win now. I could see a 1st rounder in 2010 and perhaps a WR like Reggie Williams in return.

2. Baltimore- Bmore happens to be my 2nd favorite team and I know their recent woes of trying to find consistent receivers. Their only real solid guy is Derrick Mason, probably one of the most underrated receiver's in the game right now. The only thing that stands in the way is that Bal doesnt like making huge splashes, especially on offense. They are built around a strong run game and defense with possesion recievers. That and the fact that they draft very well makes me hesitant that they would give up a whole lot for Marshall. I could see a 2010 2nd and 5th, with Jarrett Johnson OLB/DE.

A few others Potentially

Miami
          Cinci
          Ten

Whatev hopefully we can workout an extension of some type and keep Bmarsh here in Den.
          A book I wrote

Comment

• How about having a team?

I can't imagine getting a good deal for Marshall, and this seems to be another situation proving revealing about McDaniels character and coaching style. A player forcing his way out of the system, jumping ship. Yes money is Marshall's given reason, but I find it hard to see us keeping good players in the future. McDaniels, by following Belichick's style, has successfully torn apart our offense (one of the best in the league) in a matter of months, and given his actions I can't see keeping dedicated players in the following years.

His actions are either one of a genius, or a pig-headed fool. I like the idea of trading Boldin for Marshall! Great idea!

But unfortunately, we are a team that has lost its identity, lost its leaders, and is subject to a new entrant feverishly trying to create a new identity for us. Unfortunately, our new leader is 33 years old, arrogant, and not familiar with Bronco Orange (most importantly, showing lack of care for the opinions of the Bronco faith-full). This is going to be interesting.

Broncos 4-life... but I am now a Bears fan as well. (Lovie... now THAT is a coach)
            Rockin Mile High Stadium on a fall Sunday - best place in sports

Comment

• Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
              This is just a Question, why has Boldin not been mentioned in trade/lets get him talk? Questionable attitude MAYBE! but better hands and brutal work ethic.
              I don't think AZ would do it. Why would AZ trade Boldin for Marshall straight up? AZ has nothing to gain.

Similiraties:
              They're both great, productive and talented WRs.
              They both want new and bigger contracts.

Differences:

In Marshall's Favor

Marshall is younger (25) but Boldin (28) isn't that much older.
              Marshall (6'4") is taller than Boldin (6')

However, AZ also have another great, productive and talented WR in Fitzgerald who is also taller (6'3") and younger (25).

In Boldin's Favor

No recurring off the field issues with legal consequences. No possible league suspensions.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X