Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think of Plaxico Burress???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What do you guys think of Plaxico Burress???

    What do you guys think of trading b marsh then picking up plax?

    I know the dude is an idiot for shooting himself in the leg but i didnt hear of him getting into any trouble before that unlike brandon who is always in some kind of trouble.

    On the other hand i dont think plax has the explosiveness that b marsh does, although he is a good possesion reciever and Eddie Royal can obviously make plays with his speed and explosiveness.

    I think if we get a great offer from a differant team involving a good defensive player then we should do it and go hard after plax. what do you guys think?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Bronco#6 View Post
    What do you guys think of trading b marsh then picking up plax?

    I know the dude is an idiot for shooting himself in the leg but i didnt hear of him getting into any trouble before that unlike brandon who is always in some kind of trouble.

    On the other hand i dont think plax has the explosiveness that b marsh does, although he is a good possesion reciever and Eddie Royal can obviously make plays with his speed and explosiveness.

    I think if we get a great offer from a differant team involving a good defensive player then we should do it and go hard after plax. what do you guys think?
    He's a really bad shot.

    Maybe he should go hunting with former Vice-President (I know what will happen if I type his first name) Cheney.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Bronco#6 View Post
      What do you guys think of trading b marsh then picking up plax?

      I know the dude is an idiot for shooting himself in the leg but i didnt hear of him getting into any trouble before that unlike brandon who is always in some kind of trouble.

      On the other hand i dont think plax has the explosiveness that b marsh does, although he is a good possesion reciever and Eddie Royal can obviously make plays with his speed and explosiveness.

      I think if we get a great offer from a differant team involving a good defensive player then we should do it and go hard after plax. what do you guys think?

      Plax is a beast but he has attitude issues at times and thats the last of what we need right now. If this Cutler/Marshall experience has shown us anything, its shown us that we need guys with character, integrity, loyalty, and guys that dont think that it's all about them. I'm knocking on wood right now but take a look at a guy like Eddie Royal. Do you see him holding out like the trouble maker we're dealing with now? He's humble, willing to learn (as was shown on Broncos t.v when he was taking advice from Rod Smith), and who just wants to be the best player that he can be for the team that made a commitment to him.
      Last edited by JHoward; 06-16-2009, 11:55 AM.
      http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JHoward View Post
        Plax is a beast but he has attitude issues at times and thats the last of what we need right now. If this Cutler/Marshall experience has shown us anything, its shown us that we need guys with character, integrity, loyalty, and guys that dont think that it's all about them. I'm knocking on wood right now but take a look at a guy like Eddie Royal. Do you see him holding out like the trouble maker we're dealing with now? He's humble, willing to learn (as was shown on Broncos t.v when he taking advice from Rod Smith), and who just wants to be the best player that he can be for the team that made a commitment to him.
        ya i guess your right about his character but i think it would be cool to see him in a bronco uniform

        Comment


        • #5
          We're not getting rid of one problem just to acquire another. That would be exactly the opposite of what the new regime is all about.

          Comment


          • #6
            all character issues aside-and I know, they are large issues...

            plaxico burress is the one of the closest players, physically talented-wise, to Randy Moss. At 6'5'' with good hands, tough to bring down and ran a 4.4 out of college, he is comparable to moss. Not as fast, but still a big target who opposing defenses have to game-plan around.

            We all know how moss did in McD's offense, and I really like the idea of having him.

            but again, character issues concern many.

            Comment


            • #7
              i wouldnt be opposed of trading marshall for a Defender and then pickin up plaxico

              Comment


              • #8
                http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...worth-the-risk

                Here we have a guy(with a shady agent)that was dumb enough to shoot himself and leave the evidence in his home for a month until it was found via a search warrant.

                I'm not convinced this guy is intelligent enough to learn a new offense!

                Comment


                • #9
                  I like the idea of comparing Plaxico to Moss. My dad is a Vikings fan, so I know about Moss' history, and if we remember, while Moss never had too many problems off the field, he was quite the character in the locker room and caused problems. If I've learned one thing from Moss, the best way to deal with character problems in the locker room is to win. Moss shut his mouth the second he got to New England. Why? Because they WON. If Plaxico bought into the system, and we won, those character issues would dissolve quicker than you could say "Plaxico has character issues." Now if he could just leave his guns at home, I doubt he'd have the same problems in the city of Denver than NYC. But he's also looking at probably a pretty nice suspension the second he gets picked up by a team.


                  You're going down.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yes, if his leg is okay.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Max Power View Post
                      Yes, if his leg is okay.
                      good point actually.. see how hes playing after that leg injury first

                      the fella has issues, but no doubt hes talented, wouldnt mind us bringing him in if he could be controlled.
                      Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Scotteeo View Post
                        I like the idea of comparing Plaxico to Moss. My dad is a Vikings fan, so I know about Moss' history, and if we remember, while Moss never had too many problems off the field, he was quite the character in the locker room and caused problems. If I've learned one thing from Moss, the best way to deal with character problems in the locker room is to win. Moss shut his mouth the second he got to New England. Why? Because they WON. If Plaxico bought into the system, and we won, those character issues would dissolve quicker than you could say "Plaxico has character issues." Now if he could just leave his guns at home, I doubt he'd have the same problems in the city of Denver than NYC. But he's also looking at probably a pretty nice suspension the second he gets picked up by a team.
                        That's not really true at all. He won the Super Bowl with the Giants and was on a very good Giants team to begin the year, and then he shot himself.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Plaxico will play this year and then spend the next 1-2 in jail for NY 0 tolerance gun laws.

                          If he's cheap i'd take him for one season... but he is not a long term solution in any light and his career is likely over after this year.
                          He's still Tim Tebow... and you're NOT!
                          But Peyton Manning will win a Super Bowl.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Why would we trade Marshall, who just wants paid, to pay big money to a different receiver that has even more character issues? Why wouldn't we just spend that same money on Marshall?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              So according to drew rosenhaus' twitter, there are 5 teams interested in plax; Tampa, NY, CHI, and two unnamed teams.

                              He said he won't mention the team names at their request.

                              Think we're possibly one of the two un mentioned?




                              Imagine...

                              Marshall, and Plax out wide.

                              Royal in the Slot.

                              Hillis motioned to the wing.

                              Moreno in the backfield.

                              That would be crazy, but I'm gonna get flamed lol.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X