No announcement yet.

Key players to be cut around the league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renaldo Hill might become our next Marquand Manuel. I'm not liking him so far. Maybe Darcel McBath should start along with Brian Dawkins.
    sigpic

Comment

Goodman did not look that bad. He provided good coverage in various moments and he had no help over the top from Hill on that long pass from Hasselbeck.
      sigpic

Comment

goodman is good alphonzo needs 2 prove himself hes jus a rook so he has time to do it

Comment

Key players to be cut around the league

This website has a complete list of players from around the league who could either be cut or traded between now and next Saturday:

http://www.nfldrafttalk365.com/aspx/...x/msgid/552785

Comment

Hopefully the Titans cut Vickerson and we pick him up. That dude is a beast.

Comment

Nice read. The name that caught my eye the most has to be Jameel McClain. Look at any post here I've made in the trade category for Marshall, and trading him for McClain and a 2nd (Possibly more, depends on the "true" value of Marshall) would be a great addition to this team. Simply put, the guy is one of the most athletic LB's you will see, and he has finally put it together this preseason with 16 tackles, 1 int, 1 pas def, and he returned the int for a td. Adding him to our front 7 would give it some more size (He's 6'2" 250), speed, and athleticism. He compares pretty closely to DJ, so to put two guys like that side-by-side would put opposing blocking schemes in fits.
              sigpic

Comment

goodman has looked fine so far. yeah he got beat for a couple of TDs, but he was close to breaking up both of them, which is a lot more than I can say for dre bly last year.

Comment

Originally posted by CA_BroncoFan View Post
                  Can you post where they named him their starter please. Not a sarcastic comment, id really like to read it because a buddy of mine is a huge bucs fan.
                  http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12128051

Comment

Originally posted by Snarfalicious View Post
                    Nice read. The name that caught my eye the most has to be Jameel McClain. Look at any post here I've made in the trade category for Marshall, and trading him for McClain and a 2nd (Possibly more, depends on the "true" value of Marshall) would be a great addition to this team. Simply put, the guy is one of the most athletic LB's you will see, and he has finally put it together this preseason with 16 tackles, 1 int, 1 pas def, and he returned the int for a td. Adding him to our front 7 would give it some more size (He's 6'2" 250), speed, and athleticism. He compares pretty closely to DJ, so to put two guys like that side-by-side would put opposing blocking schemes in fits.
                    Knowing the Ravens, they wont let a young promising LB go, even for a guy like Marshall. Right now they are in the process of replacing Bart Scott, and in a few years they will have to replace Ray Lewis.
                    A book I wrote

Comment

interesting names on that list. i'd really like to see some of my favorite rookies that we didn't draft come to us now. i'm not sure how lichenstienger and that new center are doing, but if we need we could go after a.q. shipley. chip vaughn would be AMAZING if only we didn't already have two rookie safeties, and tyrell sutton was my favorite late round RB and i think he can at least beat out jordan, if not buckhalter as well.

but the one player that i REALLY want is hank baskett. with the iffy marshall situation, i think baskett will be by far the best bang for the buck to replace him. i think he was really underused on the eagles and hes actually better then just one or two 90 yard gains a season. if we can manage to trade marshall for resonable compensation, baskett at 6,4 220 isn't going to break as many tackles, but at least he gives us a big physical reciever. and best of all.....hes from new mexico!
                      disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post

but the one player that i REALLY want is hank baskett. with the iffy marshall situation, i think baskett will be by far the best bang for the buck to replace him. i think he was really underused on the eagles and hes actually better then just one or two 90 yard gains a season. if we can manage to trade marshall for resonable compensation, baskett at 6,4 220 isn't going to break as many tackles, but at least he gives us a big physical reciever. and best of all.....hes from new mexico!
                        Best of all we get Kendra in the package!

Lol
                        A book I wrote

Comment

Originally posted by CTM View Post
                          Knowing the Ravens, they wont let a young promising LB go, even for a guy like Marshall. Right now they are in the process of replacing Bart Scott, and in a few years they will have to replace Ray Lewis.
                          Actually, if you look at their roster, they have plenty of guys who can take his place. And at the moment he's backing up Ray Lewis. They just added Kruger as well in the draft. They definetly need Marshall more than they need McClain. There's been speculation as well that they are opened to dealing McClain simply because they have so much depth at the LB position.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CTM View Post
                            Best of all we get Kendra in the package!

Lol
                            haha just looked up who kendra is. i was wondering why hank baskett was on yahoo's top 10 searches a few months ago
                            disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Keep an eye on Pittsburgh DE (and former Bronco draft pick) Nick Eason.

Ziggy Hood has all but taken his spot as the backup RDE with the Steelers, so Nick should be available... and the Steelers thought enough of him to keep him around for two years.

The question is, is Eason better than say Nic Clemons?

I think he is. Eason would be a nice pickup for the Broncos.

Marcus Thomas should be traded to Carolina.

He's a 4-3 DT, Carolina needs him, and Denver set the market by aquiring DE LeKevin Smith, who is going to battle Ryan McBean for the starting LDE position, for a fifth round pick. With Baker looking like the backup at NT, Thomas is expendable, and would be a good fit with the Panthers.

As for Marshall; trade him to Jacksonville now for a couple of tierd draft choices, one in 2010, one in 2011. The Jaguars hand him a $5mil roster bonus to give him some immediate money, with the option of a bigger contract with incentives. The Jaguars can create a favorable contract for them and minimize their exposure, and the Broncos get no worse than a second round pick if Marshall flames out, or as good a Jax's first next year, and third in 2011 if he plays at his previous level.

That should get it done.

If Marshall performs, he gets paid, and the Broncos get compensated, if not, the Jags can cut bait with losing only a second round pick.
                              Last edited by MindField; 08-29-2009, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
                                Keep an eye on Pittsburgh DE (and former Bronco draft pick) Nick Eason.

Ziggy Hood has all but taken his spot as the backup RDE with the Steelers, so Nick should be available... and the Steelers thought enough of him to keep him around for two years.

The question is, is Eason better than say Nic Clemons?

I think he is. Eason would be a nice pickup for the Broncos.

Marcus Thomas should be traded to Carolina.

He's a 4-3 DT, Carolina needs him, and Denver set the market by aquiring
                                DE LeKevin Smith, who is going to battle Ryan McBean for the starting LDE position. With Baker looking like the backup at NT, Thomas is expendable, and would be a god fit with the Panthers.
                                I think it would be an excellent idea to move Thomas.
                                sigpic
                                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
                                X