Key players to be cut around the league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MindField View Post
    Keep an eye on Pittsburgh DE (and former Bronco draft pick) Nick Eason.

Ziggy Hood has all but taken his spot as the backup RDE with the Steelers, so Nick should be available... and the Steelers thought enough of him to keep him around for two years.

The question is, is Eason better than say Nic Clemons?

I think he is. Eason would be a nice pickup for the Broncos.

Marcus Thomas should be traded to Carolina.

He's a 4-3 DT, Carolina needs him, and Denver set the market by aquiring DE LeKevin Smith, who is going to battle Ryan McBean for the starting LDE position, for a fifth round pick. With Baker looking like the backup at NT, Thomas is expendable, and would be a good fit with the Panthers.

As for Marshall; trade him to Jacksonville now for a couple of tierd draft choices, one in 2010, one in 2011. The Jaguars hand him a $5mil roster bonus to give him some immediate money, with the option of a bigger contract with incentives. The Jaguars can create a favorable contract for them and minimize their exposure, and the Broncos get no worse than a second round pick if Marshall flames out, or as good a Jax's first next year, and third in 2011 if he plays at his previous level.

That should get it done.

If Marshall performs, he gets paid, and the Broncos get compensated, if not, the Jags can cut bait with losing only a second round pick.

Better for the Broncos to trade Marshall to a bad team and get a higher draft pick.

Which brings up a question: What would happen if the Broncos traded Marshall to San Fran for Michael Crabtree's rights, and then the Broncos didn't sign Crabtree. If Crabtree reenters the draft, do the Broncos get an equivalent draft pick?

Comment

Weeell...if the redskins drop Colt Brennen...i'll take him...dont know(or think) if he could ever be a starter in this league but its not like theres any risk....i say get him and cut this Ingler(or whatever his freakin name is) that we sighned...cause that guuy will just go onto our practice squad once simms comes back anyways.

Comment

I stopped reading when I saw BenJarvis Green-Ellis on the list. No way is New England going to cut him.
        Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeBassett View Post
          Better for the Broncos to trade Marshall to a bad team and get a higher draft pick.

Which brings up a question: What would happen if the Broncos traded Marshall to San Fran for Michael Crabtree's rights, and then the Broncos didn't sign Crabtree. If Crabtree reenters the draft, do the Broncos get an equivalent draft pick?
          Nope, if you don't sign the player you lose the rights to the player, the player enters the next year's draft and that's the end of it. I don't see any upside in dealing for Crabtree's rights since he seems to be quite a diva himself.

Comment

On a side note I heard Colt Brennan is dating jessica Simpson... Perhaps trying to upset mr romo? :-P

Comment

That list says we may cut Jeb Putzier!? I didn't even know he was still on our roster, I'm suprise given we have Grahm, Scheffler, and Quinn on our roster. I'm sure he won't make the final roster due to the depth we allready have at the TE position.
              sigpic

Comment

Seen today on the ESPN ticker that the Bucs named Leftwitch their starting QB so he won't be going anywere this year anyways.
                sigpic

Comment

I would take Leftwich over any QB on our roster. That's how bad I think our QB situation is. I guess we'll see if McD really is the QB guru he's made out to be.

Comment

Nate Davis is looking really good, I don't think the Niners will cut him but if the do I would look into getting him.
                    Brandon Spikes DROY in 2010. 1-27-2009

"I can't believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary." Lou Holtz:salute!:

"Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price." Vince Lombardi

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? " Vince Lombardi

Comment

Nice list

Hank Baskett and Brian Leonard caught my eye.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by drafttalk View Post
                        This website has a complete list of players from around the league who could either be cut or traded between now and next Saturday:

http://www.nfldrafttalk365.com/aspx/...x/msgid/552785
                        Hopefully a quarterback that will actually bring something if we could sign them!

Comment

I could go for alan branch.

I know he is a waste of chubby space. But we need serious help there and its worth a shot
                          So far:
                          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Mike Walker

Originally posted by MindField View Post
                            Keep an eye on Pittsburgh DE (and former Bronco draft pick) Nick Eason.

Ziggy Hood has all but taken his spot as the backup RDE with the Steelers, so Nick should be available... and the Steelers thought enough of him to keep him around for two years.

The question is, is Eason better than say Nic Clemons?

I think he is. Eason would be a nice pickup for the Broncos.

Marcus Thomas should be traded to Carolina.

He's a 4-3 DT, Carolina needs him, and Denver set the market by aquiring DE LeKevin Smith, who is going to battle Ryan McBean for the starting LDE position, for a fifth round pick. With Baker looking like the backup at NT, Thomas is expendable, and would be a good fit with the Panthers.

As for Marshall; trade him to Jacksonville now for a couple of tierd draft choices, one in 2010, one in 2011. The Jaguars hand him a $5mil roster bonus to give him some immediate money, with the option of a bigger contract with incentives. The Jaguars can create a favorable contract for them and minimize their exposure, and the Broncos get no worse than a second round pick if Marshall flames out, or as good a Jax's first next year, and third in 2011 if he plays at his previous level.

That should get it done.

If Marshall performs, he gets paid, and the Broncos get compensated, if not, the Jags can cut bait with losing only a second round pick.
                            Here's a thought: If the Broncos trade him to Jacksonville, we should also trade for WR Mike Walker, his college teammate at UCF. I have heard that he was better than Marshall in college.

Comment

McClain and carpenter caught my attention

Comment

WR Branch may be cut from Seattle, he is a guy that did well in NE. If Marshall gets traded, I can see us going after him to round out the WR core.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                                J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                                R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Working...
                                X