Pats released QB Kevin O'Connell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pats released QB Kevin O'Connell

I think we might bring him in, he hasn't played great in preseason but he knows McDainels system and has good size and upside for a young QB.

I say we grab him for our #3 QB and try to get Brandstater to the P.S.

Yeah i think JMD will sign him since he just brought in 2 Patriots so it wouldnt suprise me if we get him...

:go:

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan_916 View Post
      Yeah i think JMD will sign him since he just brought in 2 Patriots so it wouldnt suprise me if we get him...

i agree, mcdaniels just lept for joy when he saw that
      disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

He will be a bronco by mid week. McD was the reason why they drafted O'Connell. He saw something in him. He will be here no doubt.
        sigpic

Comment

It is pretty obvious McDaniels will go after O'Connell but will he go through waivers?
          sigpic

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgF4577yAYo

After watching that. Im all for it. Low cost with great potential. Lets get that done.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
              It is pretty obvious McDaniels will go after O'Connell but will he go through waivers?
              bet he gets claimed by the chiefs before he gets a chance to come here unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by basbllplaya26 View Post
                bet he gets claimed by the chiefs before he gets a chance to come here unfortunately
                I think the Chiefs will stick with who they have as long as Cassel is ok.

They are carrying 4 QBs at this time I don't see them getting rid of Croyle or Thigpen for O'Connell.

Matt Cassel
                Brodie Croyle
                Tyler Thigpen
                Matt Gutierrez

Comment

Originally posted by basbllplaya26 View Post
                  If the Broncos want him and they fear that he'll get claimed on waivers all they need to do is make a call to the Lions, ask the Lions to put in a claim on him and then offer them a late round draft choice in exchange. The Lions have no interest in him being on their roster but I bet they'd be interested in the pick, and the Broncos get the chance to plug in a QB who already knows the system, it's a win-win.

Comment

O'Connell and Brandstater are two young, promising QBs that I'd love to see develop. Maybe we can make room for both on the roster by trading Orton for a 5th-Rnd pick.
                    :doh::orton::doh:

Comment

ha...i laughed if you look at that youtube video a guy 5 months ago said...."no way the pats waive kevin...where you getting this info?"

but anyway im sure we will get him cause hes a patriot(well was)

Comment

I hope the Broncos don't get O'connell. Supposedly the Raiders were going to try and trade for him before they signed Frye and Gradkowski. Maybe he isn't that good after all if he got cut and Andrew Walter didn't.

Comment

we need this guy. he knows the playbook better than any qb on our team. we dont have any qbs that can for sure play game 1 that even know the system well

Comment

Kevin O'Connell

I hope the Broncos get him.

I expect them to try.

IMO he's as good a prospect as Matt Cassell.

Mountain West fans remember him.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo56 View Post
                              I think the Chiefs will stick with who they have as long as Cassel is ok.

They are carrying 4 QBs at this time I don't see them getting rid of Croyle or Thigpen for O'Connell.

Matt Cassel
                              Brodie Croyle
                              Tyler Thigpen
                              Matt Gutierrez
                              We could still trade Thigpen. We are in many conversations about him, now, IDK
                              if it has stalled with Cassel's injury though.
                              Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Working...
                              X