Pats released QB Kevin O'Connell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ringo56 View Post
    I think the Chiefs will stick with who they have as long as Cassel is ok.

They are carrying 4 QBs at this time I don't see them getting rid of Croyle or Thigpen for O'Connell.

Matt Cassel
    Brodie Croyle
    Tyler Thigpen
    Matt Gutierrez
    hopefully we can trade marshall for brodie croyle

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
      hopefully we can trade marshall for brodie croyle
      You been smoking to much of that crack again.

Comment

I hope he clears waivers. I'm sure we are interested. He'd offer more upside than any of our current QB's. Plus he already knows the system, so if for whatever reason he had to step in he'd be ready.

I think it would be a very good signing...hope it happens.

Comment

Heres some more highlights...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/nfl-dr...Highlights-473

The kid looks impressive...i think he'd offer some long term potential.

Comment

Kevin O'Connell

Does anyone have any stats on this guy out of college? Seems like a pretty big fella. Is he mobile and does he have an arm? I know its said he knows this offense which would be excellent but can he get the ball down the field? These 10 yard pass plays are driving me nuts and I know it's part of the system but also think it's due to orton's arm strength. How does he compare with thigpen? That may be a dumb question and if so, my apologies.

Comment

O'Connell

Please disregard that last thread. As soon as I posted I saw someone posted highlights above me. Man this guy looks impressive as hell. It appears he's got the total package. We need to get this guy NOW!

Comment

I REALLY want this to happen. I feel that with Brandstater and O'Connell we have 2 very nice young QB's we can develop for a year or 2 and by 2011 we might have a franchise signal caller for next to nothing.

I would have absolutely no problem with having Orton as our starter this year, Simms as the primary back-up and Brandstater and O'Connell as the #3 and 4. Seems like a win-win to me!

McDaniels, MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Comment

Originally posted by MICKIE View Post
                  Does anyone have any stats on this guy out of college? Seems like a pretty big fella. Is he mobile and does he have an arm? I know its said he knows this offense which would be excellent but can he get the ball down the field? These 10 yard pass plays are driving me nuts and I know it's part of the system but also think it's due to orton's arm strength. How does he compare with thigpen? That may be a dumb question and if so, my apologies.
                  Runs a 4.6 40 (2nd fastest QB at his combine), above average arm strength, very accurate, smart...theres a reason he was a high draft pick.

He did struggle with his decision making some in college, but all the tools are there.

Comment

Looks like he is a Lion. This is from Wikipedia.

O'Connell was claimed off waivers by the Detroit Lions on September 1, 2009.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_O...ican_football)

Last edited by *Atwater*; 09-01-2009, 01:40 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

Working...
                    X