Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what teams are interested in Marshall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trading for a qb doesnt make sense.

all he would do is back up since orton, simms, and brandstater all know the system. the new qb wouldnt even know what he's doing

Comment

• Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
      trading for a qb doesnt make sense.

all he would do is back up since orton, simms, and brandstater all know the system. the new qb wouldnt even know what he's doing
      The system is not all that hard, particularly not for those who have played in a spread or a spread option system; which by the way is the most common offense at the collegiate and high school levels. There is a little bit of a learning curve granted, but the fandom is more split over the loss of Cutler and having no franchise quarterback then anything else. Think about it? Fans are trying to shoo Marshall out the door, but the loss at both positions would be dentrimental to the organization...Orton and Simms are not franchise quarterbacks, the addition of one would have helped the sting for many fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by lancane View Post
        The system is not all that hard, particularly not for those who have played in a spread or a spread option system; which by the way is the most common offense at the collegiate and high school levels. There is a little bit of a learning curve granted, but the fandom is more split over the loss of Cutler and having no franchise quarterback then anything else. Think about it? Fans are trying to shoo Marshall out the door, but the loss at both positions would be dentrimental to the organization...Orton and Simms are not franchise quarterbacks, the addition of one would have helped the sting for many fans.
        If that's the case then why not wait to see which QB Washington cuts? Who would you prefer? Colt Brennan or Chase Daniels? Unless there is another QB that will be available after tonight that fits the spread mold. IIRC McDaniels likes his QB's with some heighth

Comment

• Originally posted by Sjanlju View Post
          If that's the case then why not wait to see which QB Washington cuts? Who would you prefer? Colt Brennan or Chase Daniels? Unless there is another QB that will be available after tonight that fits the spread mold. IIRC McDaniels likes his QB's with some heighth
          Because good quarterbacks are not cut, look at Cleveland with Anderson and Quinn or Arizona with Warner and Leinart. Why take the loss if they have value there? Denver has lost too many draft picks thus far, it would make sense to take a good quarterback such as Quinn or Leinart who could do well in the system compared to a system quarterback like Orton if it was to trade someone who really did not want to be here. But not at the price of another of next year's picks. We want a difference maker, not another system hack, if that was the case it would be best to stick with Orton and hope like hell we have ammunition next year for a quarterback.

Comment

• Originally posted by cthroatgtr View Post
            Marshall for Boldin - change of scenery for both guys
            This is something I would be for..I think if were being realistic then they would probably have to throw in a 5th rd too.

Or..

Ellis and a 2nd rounder

Comment

• How about we package Marshall and McDaniels for Smith and a sack of footballs?

Comment

• Originally posted by lancane
                O'Connell is out of the picture, he is a Lion now! And no way are we going to be able to land Bradford...lol. I wish, but it ain't going to happen. Quinn has not been a failure and the system he is comfortable with is very similar to our own. Tebow is not the answer either, Snead and McCoy are better fits then he is...still the point is that Quinn would have a quicker impact then a rookie. Hopefully Brandstater is more then meets the eye and comes out like Brady did and then this is all moot, it would also help McDaniels somewhat, showing him as one who has an eye for talent. Orton however, is not the answer nor is Simms.
                First of all I would just like to point out that I have not given up on Orton yet, but if Simms has to go, wouldn't you agree the jury is still out on him? I mean he played one game, and looked pretty solid. He had a pretty decent year once, and he does have some pretty good physical tools. I dunno, I would feel ok with him as our QB at least until he proves he can't do it, which I don't think he has done that. I feel that Simms is a pretty intelligent guy with some talent, who knows, he could fit right in with this offense if given the chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
                  First of all I would just like to point out that I have not given up on Orton yet, but if Simms has to go, wouldn't you agree the jury is still out on him? I mean he played one game, and looked pretty solid. He had a pretty decent year once, and he does have some pretty good physical tools. I dunno, I would feel ok with him as our QB at least until he proves he can't do it, which I don't think he has done that. I feel that Simms is a pretty intelligent guy with some talent, who knows, he could fit right in with this offense if given the chance.
                  I have never really been a big advocate of either in a starting role, as backups they are good fits...but not in a starting role, or at least IMHO. Orton is a system quarterback and Simms a journeyman...that is why I said I hope Brandstater breaks out, but I have no faith in Orton or Simms. Hell I hate Jake Plummer and I would take him or even freakin' Griese over either Orton or Simms.

Comment

• Originally posted by lancane View Post
                    I have never really been a big advocate of either in a starting role, as backups they are good fits...but not in a starting role, or at least IMHO. Orton is a system quarterback and Simms a journeyman...that is why I said I hope Brandstater breaks out, but I have no faith in Orton or Simms. Hell I hate Jake Plummer and I would take him or even freakin' Griese over either Orton or Simms.
                    That is a fair assessment of them. Obviously, neither are extremely gifted. However, there are QB's out there with less talent that have had some success (granted most of them had great defenses). I just think that before we go looking for somebody else (unless they are a proven above average QB in this league, not somebody elses backup that lost a job somewhere else and is coming here) we should give the guys on our roster a shot, who knows, they might surprise some people! :go:

Comment

• Hoiw about Harris, and either Clowney or Stuckey, plus a conditional draft
                      choice, such as a fifth?

I would make the deal.

Comment

• Watch Jimmy Clausen come out of nowhere.......

Comment

• Originally posted by lancane
                          Bradford is likely to be a top five pick and anyone who follows college football and the draft agrees...the reason why Tebow will not fit is because he has a swagger attitude and would clash with McDaniels, McCoy and Snead both are more calm and would fit the system.

Quinn may not be as proven as Orton, but Orton is not as proven as you seem to think, or act anyways and that is Naive because every analyst has pretty much said the same thing about him.
                          Bradford snaps his ankle and drops like a rock. Bradford plays like garbage and drops like a rock. These things happen. They happen every year. People just assume all this stuff on paper and act like there are no other possibilities. If your version of reality was true.... sports would be VERY boring.

I don't think Tebow has the wrong kind of swagger. Not at all. He's no Cutler. I think the only question with Tebow is his arm strength. In this offense.... I am not that worried about it.

I don't think Orton is all that proven. One season proving he was a capable starter on a bad offense. That's it. But Quinn's resume is very weak in comparison. Quinn has played in 4 NFL games with a QB rating of 65.

Comment

• If we get harris i will be stoked. Our defense is going to explode. i love marshall but wins come around a defense and our defense ,regardless of this trade, is going to be alot better then last year and IMHO will be top 10. Harris Will make us even a bigger force
                            sigpic
                            Thanks Blondie79

Comment

• guy on the orangemane said we already did the trade.

harris and a 4th....

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...=1#post2539185

i hope its false.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
                                guy on the orangemane said we already did the trade.

harris and a 4th....

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...=1#post2539185

i hope its false.
                                It is what it is. If the trade happened (still doubt it), then the question is, "Is Harris worth a first round pick?"

If the trade did happen, we also may be moving a player via trade like Davis or Larsen (did he play tonight?)

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                                J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                                R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Working...
                                X