Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tavaris Jackson?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tavaris Jackson?

    I read, (Can't remember where at) that Tavaris Jackson is on the trading block for the Vikes, would any of you feel he'd be a great addition to our QB roster? He seems so have a lot of talent, raw, but a lot of talent.
    sigpic

  • #2
    I think it would be wiser to claim Kevin O'Connell off waivers, who has just as much if not more raw talent than Jackson IMO.

    It would be a smaller learning curve too since he knows the Pats system.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by LoopyChicken
      Too practical, too popular, too responsible of a choice. Too 'this makes perfect sense'... and he's too good.

      There's no way it will happen.

      I heard McNuggets is looking at bringing Plummer back.
      Let's see a source please.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by LoopyChicken
        Too practical, too popular, too responsible of a choice. Too 'this makes perfect sense'... and he's too good.

        There's no way it will happen.

        I heard McNuggets is looking at bringing Plummer back.
        Chill on the name-calling.

        I'm not too high on Jackson. I don't think he'd be any kind of upgrade over what we have, especially if Simms can go against Cincinnati. He'd take way too long to get acclimated to the offense, and would probably only be useful as an emergency QB. In that case, we have Ingle Martin and/or Brandstater. I'm hoping that someone heals up so we don't have to try to keep all four of them.

        Not to mention, we'd have to give something up to get him.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          How about more opinions... Instead of random flaming?
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            ok first i dont think that the guy is being a troll.....just called him McNuggets.....doesnt seem like something people should get mad about.

            and no way we go 0-4 cause are our first 4 games arnt against Really hard people....go something like 2-2 ....1-3....maybe 3-1 but i dought it.

            and as for Tavaris Jackson im on board with him....people seem to forget his stats in only 6 starts last year......1000 some yards 9Tds and only 2INTs....pretty damn good in my eyes.

            i say we go for either him....or Derek Anderson...and see if we can get Anderson back to his pro bowl year.

            Comment


            • #7
              He's good but then bad

              This will be a rebulding year for the Broncos so I wouldn't lose draft picks for a below average QB. Don't get me wrong T.Jack has his moments where he plays well but 60% of the time he plays horrible

              Comment


              • #8
                I don't see where Jackson would be any improvement. Unless he's expected to be the starter, I can't see the upside. I prefer Simms as a back-up, and if Orton shows that he's not the long term answer, getting another QB next offseason.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by PrideisBears View Post
                  This will be a rebulding year for the Broncos so I wouldn't lose draft picks for a below average QB. Don't get me wrong T.Jack has his moments where he plays well but 60% of the time he plays horrible
                  im with you but if Mcdaniels is the QB genius hes claimed to be then he should be able to make him good...

                  plus i dont like the way McDaniels handles draft picks sooooo

                  im on board with getting T. Jack

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I would easily pass on T Jack unless the Vikings gave us a draft pick just to get him off their hands. The guy has some good moments but hey in 3 years in the league you have to have SOME moments or you wouldn't still be here. Like the bears fan said above, he's pathetic over half the time. This shouldn't even be a consideration especially since we have Simms who has actually led a team to the playoffs in this league. If Jackson came here I'd say he's probably the 3rd stringer behind both Orton and Simms.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by PowderAddict
                      There's no source, he's just trolling.

                      Put him on ignore, I did
                      Thanks for the info. After reading quite a few of his other posts, I think you are right.

                      Just to add a bit to the topic, I don't think we'll go after Jackson unless for some reason Simms is injured longer than anticipated and we are unable to pick up Kevin O'Connell from waivers. I'll be surprised actually if O'Connell isn't picked up considering McDaniels is familiar with him.
                      Last edited by Royal Flush; 09-01-2009, 02:15 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MorenoFan27 View Post
                        im with you but if Mcdaniels is the QB genius hes claimed to be then he should be able to make him good...

                        plus i dont like the way McDaniels handles draft picks sooooo

                        im on board with getting T. Jack
                        Eh..well then he should make Orton look great but we see how well that is working out:orton:. Anyway T.Jack would be a better addition to the team than Orton because T.Jack can actually throw far but he still isn't worth anything over a 4th. I would just wait till they rid of him

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          love to have Jackson. He was on fire at the end of last year before that playoff game against a great Eagles team. Jackson has been lighting it up this preseason as well. Money is no concern as his base salary this year is only 535k. The only thing to deal with here is the compensation. Jackson was taken in the 2nd round but obviously no one will give that for him. The Vikings were trying to get a 5th out of him before the 2nd preseason game but may be trying for more now, although they have little leverage as all the teams know he's the odd man out and will be released if he isn't traded.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Royal Flush View Post
                            Thanks for the info. After reading quite a few of his other posts, I think you are right.

                            Just to add a bit to the topic, I don't think we'll go after Jackson unless for some reason Simms is injured longer than anticipated and we are unable to pick up Kevin O'Connell from waivers. I'll be surprised actually if O'Connell isn't picked up considering McDaniels is familiar with him.
                            O'Connell was claimed by the Lions, by the way

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mac Dre View Post
                              I read, (Can't remember where at) that Tavaris Jackson is on the trading block for the Vikes, would any of you feel he'd be a great addition to our QB roster? He seems so have a lot of talent, raw, but a lot of talent.
                              I say no. I'm not a big fan of his decision making. He reminds me of Mike Vick (circa 2006), way too streaky. When he's good, he's decent. When he's bad, he can look absolutely attrocious. There seems to be no consistency with him.

                              In an offense where quick, accurate reads are paramount, I definitley vote no.
                              sigpic

                              "Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X