Ian Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ian Johnson

Does anyone know what the deal was with him going undrafted?

It seemed like he at least would've been taken as a late rounder.

I know he eventually signed with MIN, but I would've thought he had the physical attributes and college career that would cause a team to use a draft pick on him?

Were there any talks of Denver taking him?

Did I miss something is it actually april and I had a dream of the past 4 months?
    sigpic

Comment

The main reason why he wasn't drafted was due to his injury problems. He had reduced carries later in his career, plus there where better running backs who slipped into the later parts of the draft. i.e Cedric Peerman, James Davis, and Rashad Jennings.
      :2cents::devil::brick::wave::shake::dance::doh::hammer::nono::usa:

Comment

i was surprised and not surprised that he wasn't drafted.

we hardly ever get drafted, often overlooked.

but, the guy above me said it already. when you have injuries it hurts your chances. and having a collapsed lung probably didn't help him.

but i still wouldn't mind having him on our team. it's kind of interesting that he is now a teammate with peterson, whom he helped beat in '07. and perretta is also STILL a teammate which is also cool. there are a lot of Boise State players in the NFC North lol...
        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Another good point by real bronco people from Boise don't get the attention they deserve. But the Vikings are getting a great teammate and a great leader.

Same with Jeremy Childs someone who played well at Boise went undrafted, although I do beleive it was a mistake to comme out early.

Comment

Originally posted by denverfan7 View Post
            Another good point by real bronco people from Boise don't get the attention they deserve. But the Vikings are getting a great teammate and a great leader.

Same with Jeremy Childs someone who played well at Boise went undrafted, although I do beleive it was a mistake to comme out early.
            Apparently not, he was released today.

Comment

heh, guess not. Hopefully he makes ps or lands somewhere else.

Comment

I like him....and I think he is better than we've got, plus the kid is already a regional name, somewhat of a personality, and with his Boise St ties with Clady, why the hell not?

I would sign Ian Johnson to the active roster right now, I mean, what do we have to lose?

He looks quick and energenic, and definitely runs hard...and he is available.

So again, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
                  I like him....and I think he is better than we've got, plus the kid is already a regional name, somewhat of a personality, and with his Boise St ties with Clady, why the hell not?

I would sign Ian Johnson to the active roster right now, I mean, what do we have to lose?

So again, why not?
                  Sign him and dump Jordan.
                  Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                    Did I miss something is it actually april and I had a dream of the past 4 months?
                    no.....you actually had a dream of the past 6 months. we actually traded cutler and our first for jamarcus russell.
                    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by Pruke View Post
                      Sign him and dump Jordan.
                      I'd love that, he's a type of player that McDaniels would like

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post

So again, why not?
                        IAN JOHNSON WOULD BE A GREAT IMPROVEMENT OVER LAMONT JORDON. McD best be moving quick on this one, the vikes WILL commit him to their practice squad. He's much better than Jordan in every phase of the game, a with alot of potential! And he'd be cheaper than LJ. SIGN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by denverfan7 View Post

Childs definitely should have stayed longer. Last I saw he was with some team, but he may not be anymore.

that's sad Johnson got cut. he looked good in pre-season, but it makes sense for the Vikes because they have Peterson and what's his face behind him.

but if we landed Johnson i would be extremely happy. our ST would improve INSTANTLY if nothing else.
                          sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

He has been to injury prone so far in his career I would not mind giving him a chance though.
                            sigpic

Comment

I really think Denver needs a tailback on the practice squad to take the practice squad reps at practice and be ready to move to the active roster if one of the current four tailbakcs goes down with injury. Ian may be that guy.

As much as Bronco fans dislike Jordan on the roster, I think he is a McDaniels guy. He is still listed on the depth chart ahead of Hillis and Moreno. While I think Moreno will eventually by the #1 back sometime this season, I think Jordan remains #3. For whatever reason, McDaniels likes Jordan and what he brings; Bronco fans are just unsure of what exactly he brings to the table.

Comment

Working...
                              X