Ian Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chillez View Post
    He has been to injury prone so far in his career I would not mind giving him a chance though.
    he really only had the one major injury (lung collapse) in his career at Boise. so he's not really injury prone. not to mention he played the rest of that whole game with said collapsed lung...
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RC278430 View Post
      I really think Denver needs a tailback on the practice squad to take the practice squad reps at practice and be ready to move to the active roster if one of the current four tailbakcs goes down with injury. Ian may be that guy.

As much as Bronco fans dislike Jordan on the roster, I think he is a McDaniels guy. He is still listed on the depth chart ahead of Hillis and Moreno. While I think Moreno will eventually by the #1 back sometime this season, I think Jordan remains #3. For whatever reason, McDaniels likes Jordan and what he brings; Bronco fans are just unsure of what exactly he brings to the table.
      I think you're right - McDaniels knows him / likes what he brings to the team even in a limited capacity...

Too bad - on talent alone, Ian should be on our team.
      Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

Ian Johnson got signed to Minnesota's practice squad.

http://www.2news.tv/sports/57611082.html

I agree he would be a better look for us than Lamont Jordan who is just old and slow. When was the last time he picked up 5 yards on a carry? Me being from Boise and watching BSU every week, I think Ian Johnson is more talented than people give him credit for. He did cede carries his senior year because peterson was trying to get Avery and Harper ready for when Ian left. But he's a very hard and tough runner, one of the fastest backs at the combine this year, he plays hurt, he's very high character. I think he'll find a spot somewhere. I dont see why the vikings didn't just keep him as their 3rd string behind Chester Taylor.

Comment

What's the point in getting Ian Johnson when we just released Darius Walker who is in fact a better and more proven player...

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
            I like him....and I think he is better than we've got, plus the kid is already a regional name, somewhat of a personality, and with his Boise St ties with Clady, why the hell not?

I would sign Ian Johnson to the active roster right now, I mean, what do we have to lose?

He looks quick and energenic, and definitely runs hard...and he is available.

So again, why not?
            Ian had the second fastest time at the combine for RB's. He's pretty strong for his size. He's also a good receiver out of the backfield and a very good blocker. He's the kind of guy McDaniels would love.

The nock on Ian is the fact that he does not have good later movement. He's a one cut and go guy, which works well in the ZBS, but not when he has to make a lot of moves. He needs to go to a place like Atlanta or Denver.

So guess in a nutshell, the problem is he's fast, but not quick.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by LightningRodBob View Post
              Ian Johnson got signed to Minnesota's practice squad.

http://www.2news.tv/sports/57611082.html

I agree he would be a better look for us than Lamont Jordan who is just old and slow. When was the last time he picked up 5 yards on a carry? Me being from Boise and watching BSU every week, I think Ian Johnson is more talented than people give him credit for. He did cede carries his senior year because peterson was trying to get Avery and Harper ready for when Ian left. But he's a very hard and tough runner, one of the fastest backs at the combine this year, he plays hurt, he's very high character. I think he'll find a spot somewhere. I dont see why the vikings didn't just keep him as their 3rd string behind Chester Taylor.
              you are talking about the team that signed Favre......

so they obviously don't do the sensible thing.
              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                Ian had the second fastest time at the combine for RB's. He's pretty strong for his size. He's also a good receiver out of the backfield and a very good blocker. He's the kind of guy McDaniels would love.

The nock on Ian is the fact that he does not have good later movement. He's a one cut and go guy, which works well in the ZBS, but not when he has to make a lot of moves. He needs to go to a place like Atlanta or Denver.

So guess in a nutshell, the problem is he's fast, but not quick.
                But he also has very good runners instincts and is a tough kid.

Sort of a poor mans Donald Brown, IMO, but he could suprise if given a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
                  But he also has very good runners instincts and is a tough kid.

Sort of a poor mans Donald Brown, IMO, but he could suprise if given a chance.
                  In the right system, I agree that he would do quite well.

I can see him succeeding in the ZBS as a 3rd down back. Denver would be a good fit for him. I personally would much rather see him on the roster than Lamont Jordan or Darius Walker.

Don't get me wrong, I love Ian Johnson, but I have seen him play 20+ times in the last 3 years. It's not even a given that he was the most productive runner at BSU his senior year. That's not really a nock because two of their tailbacks will probably be playing on Sundays in two years (Jeremy Avery and DJ Harper).

Now that Ian's on Minnesota's practice squad it will be interesting to see if anyone signs him to their active roster. He also has value on special teams.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
                  X