Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the best prospects based on need for next year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe we were after BJ Raji so next year we might pursue a defensive lineman in the 1st round. Chris Baker was a good addition but we need more big linemen. But with McDaniels, we never know if he will try to add another offensive player.
    sigpic

Comment

We need a dominant pass rusher and someone to plug the middle, just like we do every year.

And we aren't getting any younger in the secondary.
      Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

If Denver wouldn't have traded their first round pick they would be in great shape to get the franchise QB they need.

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
          here is my list of who i am looking at for us

QB- Jimmy clausen/Max Hall
          RB- Dwyer/Evan royster
          WR- Jacoby Ford(love this guy)Brandon Lafell/Eric Decker/Bryan Andersen
          C- Kristofer O'dowd(would not be suprised if he was our first rd pick)
          G- Thomas Austin
          T- Zane Beadles
          TE- Nate Bynahm

DE- Arthur Jones/Vince Ogohabasse/Alex carrington/Will Tukuafu/Jared Odrick
          DT- Boo robinson/Dan Williams/Torell Troup
          ILB- Rolando Mccalain/Micah Johnson
          Rush LB- Jerry Hughes/Greg romeus/Brandon Lang/Dexter Davis
          CB- Javier arenas/Crezdon Butler
          S- justin woodall/Kam chancellor

Now for qb i doubt we take a rd 1 guy. i would imagine we will look in FA and let kyle walk, and we still probally will give brandy first dibs, leaving a high pick on qb likely out of the question.

At RB i think we will look to proven guys from free agency

At Wr i think we will bring in a late rd Slot reciver and mid rd Big guy....

I belive we will grab a center and guard this upcoming draft again, but much higher than we did last year

I imagine DE/DT and Cb will be the 2 bigger things looked at before any otehr defensive position.

at rush Lb we just extended Haggan, and dumervil has looked good enough that at his current pace he will most likely earn a extension, we also have ayers and usually 2-3 years gets the rush lb's going. so drafting a high rush Lb seems unlikely.

if i had to draft right now today it would be like this

1. C Khristopher O'Dowd (USC) or DE Vince Ogohabasse(DUKE)
          2. DE Derrick Morgan (Georgia Tech)
          3. G Thomas Austin(Clemson)
          4. CB Crezdon Butler(Clemson)
          5. WR Bryant Johnson(Central Arkansas)
          6. WR Jacoby ford(Clemson)

O'Dowd? Say What???

I think he's a 4th Rounder if he comes out, which I can't imagine he will. He's a little too skinny, agile, zone blocking type OC that struggles getting push in the run game. He really reminds me of Jonathan Luigs whom had a ton of hype and went in the 4th last draft due to his size and playstyle. He needs another year to bulk up and work on his run blocking. If he does that, he has a shot at being a Top 50 pick in 2011. I suppose he could have a monster year this season with his run blocking, but that's a leap of faith. And I can't see him in the 1st Round regardless.

Now, I *am* on board with your idea about possibly taking an Offensive Center early in the draft. I'm not sure about Day 1, but I think definitely within the Top 4 rounds barring a Free Agent signing.

Now, my personal OC rankings at this time are:

Late 1st or 2nd Round Calibur:

1. Maurkice Pouncey (Florida) JR
          2. Matt Tennant (Boston College) SR
          3. Justin Boren (Ohio State) JR

3rd - 5th Round Calibur:

4. J.D. Walton (Baylor) SR
          5. Kevin Mathews (Texas A&M) SR
          6. Kris O'Dowd (USC) JR
          7. Ryan Pugh (Auburn) JR
          8. John Estes (Hawaii) SR

And I do see us drafting one of these guys. Tennant, Walton, and Mathews appear to be McDaniels type guys at first glance, and all three fit a power running scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
            O'Dowd? Say What???

I think he's a 4th Rounder if he comes out, which I can't imagine he will. He's a little too skinny, agile, zone blocking type OC that struggles getting push in the run game. He really reminds me of Jonathan Luigs whom had a ton of hype and went in the 4th last draft due to his size and playstyle. He needs another year to bulk up and work on his run blocking. If he does that, he has a shot at being a Top 50 pick in 2011. I suppose he could have a monster year this season with his run blocking, but that's a leap of faith. And I can't see him in the 1st Round regardless.

Now, I *am* on board with your idea about possibly taking an Offensive Center early in the draft. I'm not sure about Day 1, but I think definitely within the Top 4 rounds barring a Free Agent signing.

Now, my personal OC rankings at this time are:

Late 1st or 2nd Round Calibur:

1. Maurkice Pouncey (Florida) JR
            2. Matt Tennant (Boston College) SR
            3. Justin Boren (Ohio State) JR

3rd - 5th Round Calibur:

4. J.D. Walton (Baylor) SR
            5. Kevin Mathews (Texas A&M) SR
            6. Kris O'Dowd (USC) JR
            7. Ryan Pugh (Auburn) JR
            8. John Estes (Hawaii) SR

And I do see us drafting one of these guys. Tennant, Walton, and Mathews appear to be McDaniels type guys at first glance, and all three fit a power running scheme.
            i thought he was always gonna be a mid 3rd rd pick, but after watching him in the USC/OHIO STATE game i was very impressed he did alot of good things that game, and i am willing to wager he becomes the 1st or second center drafted.....its only 1 game, but man i liked what i saw....pouncey is anotehr guy i really like.....overall the class sucks to me though...we have to do something at center and guard though if we want a efficent inside run game....weigman and hamilton just arent cutting it anymore.....

plus you know me mug i love finding 2-5th rd and making them stick in the first and second rd.....and i love the wtheck stuff i get when posting these kind of things, finally getting my mojo back to post more here, so expect more crazy left wing ideas in the future.....

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
              i thought he was always gonna be a mid 3rd rd pick, but after watching him in the USC/OHIO STATE game i was very impressed he did alot of good things that game, and i am willing to wager he becomes the 1st or second center drafted.....its only 1 game, but man i liked what i saw....pouncey is anotehr guy i really like.....overall the class sucks to me though...we have to do something at center and guard though if we want a efficent inside run game....weigman and hamilton just arent cutting it anymore.....

plus you know me mug i love finding 2-5th rd and making them stick in the first and second rd.....and i love the wtheck stuff i get when posting these kind of things, finally getting my mojo back to post more here, so expect more crazy left wing ideas in the future.....
              I hadn't even thought of Center, but it's definitely possible if our defense continues to improve. And if Davis and Haggan continue to do well I can forget Spikes altogether, but in regards to your mock draft in your earlier post I'd take Oghabaasee in the 1st, best C/CB in the 2nd and the other position in the 3rd, Jacoby Ford in the 4th(I think he'll move up to 3rd-4th rounder), and a G in the 5th
              sigpic
              Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Since I don't see us going quarterback early, I would have to say that Denver is likely to target key positions of need (ILB, DE, OL and NT)...since the team is high on Baker, I think nose will wait, making the other three unless we trade Marshall of greater import.

Comment

DEpends what happens during the off season. I think both Marshall (as a RFA) and Champ (due to high Salary) may be on the block. I think we went after Smith so hard because we wanted to see him get a year of experience to take over for Champ. There is always the possibility that Champ wil restructure if he feels this team is going to make a run in 2010. That will come down to how well Orton performs IMO. So looking at a scenario that has BMarsh and Champ moving on:

Champ to Dallas...Jones would love to get Champ IMO as he remembers what Deon did for his team. In an uncapped year, he is one owner that would over pay to get him. Denver receives a 2nd in 2010 and a conditional 2nd in 2011.

BMarsh to Balt still makes a lot of sense in Flacco will need a #1 when Mason moves on. Denver receives Balt 1st (lets say #26) and a 2011 3rd round pick.

With a hole now at WR and CB and 2 first round picks and two 2nd round picks:

1st CB Ras Dowling or Joe Hayden
                  1st DE Vince Oghobaase, Arthur Jones, or Wooten
                  2nd Eric Decker or Marshawn Gilyard
                  2nd OLB Brandon Lang, Greg Romeus or Jerry Hughes
                  3rd C Josh McNeil or Jim Cordle

That would be a solid draft IMO

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                  J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                  R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Working...
                  X