Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richard Seymour???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    This year his highly unlikely.But he will have to play this season in Oakland and then he will be a free agent. Then looking at how Josh is bringing so many former Patriots this would obviously be a no brainer to pick him up!!he will still only be 30 he still can produce at this level!!i can almost garuntee you the broncos will pick him up next off-season!!!just watch and see!!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by BRADFORD'10 View Post
      This year his highly unlikely.But he will have to play this season in Oakland and then he will be a free agent. Then looking at how Josh is bringing so many former Patriots this would obviously be a no brainer to pick him up!!he will still only be 30 he still can produce at this level!!i can almost garuntee you the broncos will pick him up next off-season!!!just watch and see!!
      The space bar is your friend!

      Comment


      • #18
        If he remains a problem for the Faiders we should offer a second rounder for him. besides player movement within the AFC west is more common that stated, look at Wiegmann, Jordan, Lelie, Coop Carlisle, and Gerard Warren just in the last few years.

        And I know they are not as high profile as Seymour, but if he is not willing to play the Faiders still need to have some return on the deal even at a steep discount.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Tron Solo View Post
          If he remains a problem for the Faiders we should offer a second rounder for him. besides player movement within the AFC west is more common that stated, look at Wiegmann, Jordan, Lelie, Coop Carlisle, and Gerard Warren just in the last few years.

          And I know they are not as high profile as Seymour, but if he is not willing to play the Faiders still need to have some return on the deal even at a steep discount.
          Only ONE of those names mentioned was the result of a trade between division rivals.


          Comment


          • #20
            Why would you want a player that is being a punk. Remember he has signed a contract, he is beholden to that contract. The NFL is a business . Richard Seymore is doing nothing different than Cutler and Marshall have done. All three did not honor the business of the NFL. Remember we only want character people here we dont have room for any punk that wont honor his contract. Oh maybe JMD has finally figured out talent is what you need to win in this league.
            My friends over at Sports Radio Interviews sent me a link to an interview Pat Bowlen did with a Chicago-area radio station. While there is nothing earth-shattering here. Below is a segment of the transcript -

            What are the Bears getting in Jay Cutler?

            “They’re getting an extremely talented young quarterback.”


            Some one Please name me the last successful NFL QB that had to be taught how to throw the ball correctly.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by it'sjustagame View Post
              Why would you want a player that is being a punk. Remember he has signed a contract, he is beholden to that contract. The NFL is a business . Richard Seymore is doing nothing different than Cutler and Marshall have done. All three did not honor the business of the NFL. Remember we only want character people here we dont have room for any punk that wont honor his contract. Oh maybe JMD has finally figured out talent is what you need to win in this league.
              To be fair... it's the RAIDERS.

              I'm sure Randy Moss told him stories about how great it was to play there.

              Seymore just bought a big house, school just started for his kids etc

              This was out of left field for him.


              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                Only ONE of those names mentioned was the result of a trade between division rivals.
                That is why it says player movement. Still we have to be one of the best fits for him to land.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I just think that with the addition of Vonnie Holliday , that trading for Seymour would instantly IMPROVE our Front 7!!!!!!!!!!!!


                  We would have Pro Bowl players on every level

                  Richard Seymour - Dline

                  DJ Williams - LB

                  Brian Dawkins / Champ Bailey - Secondary

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                    To be fair... it's the RAIDERS.

                    I'm sure Randy Moss told him stories about how great it was to play there.

                    Seymore just bought a big house, school just started for his kids etc

                    This was out of left field for him.
                    It's still a business... And he most likely was going to get a huge contract. It's a bit disrespectful to the players 'cause guys like Morrison and the rest of the D-line were really excited to play with him.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
                      It's still a business... And he most likely was going to get a huge contract. It's a bit disrespectful to the players 'cause guys like Morrison and the rest of the D-line were really excited to play with him.
                      Just putting on the raiders jersey is highly disrespectful to the raiders players..I am sure they understand his postition(the ones who got over paid are even ashamed)I mean for the most part they all got division 1 scholerships and now when they graduate they dont even get to go to the pros they have to play for adivison 3 college coach vs pro teams?I wouldn't go either.
                      Originally posted by baphamet
                      are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I would not want to give up a 1st round pick for him, i wouldnt be suprised if the Pats shopped him around to a few teams, maybe even Denver and they went with who ever gave them the best offer, giving a 1st for him is fine if a team thinks it will put them over the top to make a run at a super bowl (Raiders??) but i think Denver would be better off building thru the draft and also i really dont think Denvers front 7 are that bad, i know all the ESPN guys think they are trash, but i think they will suprise some people and make some of those guys look stupid.
                        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                          To be fair... it's the RAIDERS.

                          I'm sure Randy Moss told him stories about how great it was to play there.

                          Seymore just bought a big house, school just started for his kids etc

                          This was out of left field for him
                          .
                          Its still a business. People around this board have hammered both Marshall and Cutler for not living up to their end of the bargain. Part of the bargain Seymour bought into is he can be traded at anytime. When Cutler asked JMD about the boncos loyaly towards him JMD told JC anyone can be traded. Well Richard Seymour is basically acting like Cutler did. Both of them took their ball and went home. Me im a talent guy I would love to have Seymour on this team. The reason is; i really dont care what a professional players attitude is. I want great talent on the teams i cheer for. These guys arnt teaching our kids or curing cancer they are entertainers , so i want the most talented entertainers. Im just pointing out all the double standards on these boards
                          My friends over at Sports Radio Interviews sent me a link to an interview Pat Bowlen did with a Chicago-area radio station. While there is nothing earth-shattering here. Below is a segment of the transcript -

                          What are the Bears getting in Jay Cutler?

                          “They’re getting an extremely talented young quarterback.”


                          Some one Please name me the last successful NFL QB that had to be taught how to throw the ball correctly.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I don't think Seymour is acting like Cutler. Quite different situations. Cutler spent 3 years in Denver, and he got a new head coach. He did not have to leave his home and change his life drastically. Seymour spent 8 years in New England, with a life set there, used to the city, the team... Then the Raiders traded for him without even contacting him to discuss the deal. That's pretty weird. Out of nowhere the guy has to move and go to Oakland. Cutler had a chance to stay in Denver and be in peace with the new coach. Seymour did not have a chance, the Patriots traded him and his time there was over.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by MileHighMagic15 View Post
                              Sorry. There will be no in division trade for him.
                              Amen. Al Davis isn't going to let Seymour come to the Broncos or any other team in the AFC West and then have to play against them twice a year. He told Shanahan he would pay him the remainder of his contract if he went anywhere other than the Broncos.

                              Plus, there is the pride issue for Davis. He would rather void the trade and send Seymour back to the Pats rather than have someone that won't report and play for him, if the option is arranging a trade with the Broncos.
                              You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by it'sjustagame View Post
                                Its still a business. People around this board have hammered both Marshall and Cutler for not living up to their end of the bargain. Part of the bargain Seymour bought into is he can be traded at anytime. When Cutler asked JMD about the boncos loyaly towards him JMD told JC anyone can be traded. Well Richard Seymour is basically acting like Cutler did. Both of them took their ball and went home. Me im a talent guy I would love to have Seymour on this team. The reason is; i really dont care what a professional players attitude is.
                                Yeah, cause having a Randy Moss, with all his talent, was so much better than having a player with less talent and a good attitude. Moss was SUCH a weapon when he played for the Raiders.
                                You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X