Richard Seymour???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
    Yeah, cause having a Randy Moss, with all his talent, was so much better than having a player with less talent and a good attitude. Moss was SUCH a weapon when he played for the Raiders.
    Who ever is on what team is a moot point a contract is a contract it knows no color or stupitidy. If the team is good or bad is also moot a contract knows no history or team make up, A contract doesnt need the player to be traded to call and discuss the trade with the team as one poster above stated. A contract doesnt know what house you bought or care what school your kids go to. In the business of the NFL you can be traded to ANY team that includes the Raiders. A contract doesnt care if youve been in the league 3 years or 8. So yes he is being a punk and taking his ball and going home. Oh and by the way the reason Moss's attitude sucked is he had to play with a Kyle Orton type QB. Ya ill take a Randy Moss anytime and see if i can get him to turn his attitude. You know why? Because if i can turn his attitude Ill have a light's out talent with a good attitude. You know what i get when i have an average talent with a good attitude? just that. ILL always take my chances at the great talent all day every day because; Lights out talent + good attitude > average talent with good attitude
    My friends over at Sports Radio Interviews sent me a link to an interview Pat Bowlen did with a Chicago-area radio station. While there is nothing earth-shattering here. Below is a segment of the transcript -

What are the Bears getting in Jay Cutler?

“They’re getting an extremely talented young quarterback.”

Some one Please name me the last successful NFL QB that had to be taught how to throw the ball correctly.

Comment

I wouldn't trade for him. His prime is behind him. He has no where to go but down. That said I do think he is a good player, but he will probably want a load of money based on his body of work in the NFL. If he is available a few years down the road his price tag could be lower and he might be a "Vonnie Holiday" type for us. I would wait until that day comes before looking at Seymour; not now.
      sigpic

We need the BOZ back in Norman!!

Comment

[QUOTE=it'sjustagame;2902877]Oh and by the way the reason Moss's attitude sucked is he had to play with a Kyle Orton type QB.]/quote]

So, you now claim you know why Moss was unhappy in Oakland? Perhaps you're also a personal friend of his? How do you know he was unhappy because "he had to play with a Kyle Orton type QB?"

Ya ill take a Randy Moss anytime and see if i can get him to turn his attitude. You know why? Because if i can turn his attitude Ill have a light's out talent with a good attitude. You know what i get when i have an average talent with a good attitude? just that. ILL always take my chances at the great talent all day every day because; Lights out talent + good attitude > average talent with good attitude
        But that's not the question and not one of your options. Given a Randy Moss with a terrible attitude, like he had in Oakland when he wasn't very effective or someone like a second tier talent, like say Javon Walker when he HAD a good attitude, which would be better to have on your team?
        You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Richard Seymour?

I'm just going to quietly start this thread now because I watched the game and he is clearly still a dominant defensive lineman.

Why does this matter?

If, IF Oakland doesn't exend his contract, he will be a free agent next year.

We still don't have a dominant defensive lineman up front and I think he would be a great pickup next year.

Thoughts?
          A book I wrote

Comment

Originally posted by CTM View Post
            I'm just going to quietly start this thread now because I watched the game and he is clearly still a dominant defensive lineman.

Why does this matter?

If, IF Oakland doesn't exend his contract, he will be a free agent next year.

We still don't have a dominant defensive lineman up front and I think he would be a great pickup next year.

Thoughts?
            Whether I'd like for Denver to go after Seymour depends on a few things.
            1. How does the line we have now finish the season? Does anyone step up?
            2. Just how much is it going to cost to get him?
            3. Who is he going to displace? He's getting long in the tooth, and I'd hate to have to get rid of a promising young guy to sign him.
            4. How does he finish at Oakland. Does he bring it consistently and without serious injury this year?
            5. How much of Oakland rubs off on him?

Ok, that last one was crap. But I'd really have a bit of concern about bringing in an expensive DL who is closer to the end of his career than the beginning, unless he could continue his dominance for at least two-three. Or unless our front-three turns out to be worse than they look as of today.
            sigpic

Comment

i would really like Seymour, but i agree with the above poster. We need to see how our line fairs and who steps up as a legit 16 game starter that will transfer over next year. Hypothetically with Vonnie Holiday being older now i wouldn't mind taking a shot a Seymour so the line would be like Peterson Feilds/Baker Seymour. Then rotating in Holiday/Thomas/Mcbean whatever 2-3 we keep in order to keep the starters fresh. I think that could be potent. With that said next year is uncapped and Seymour will be 30 so anything over a 4 year contract on a dline guy i cant agree with. I am not sure where else i can really see us spending money in FA though besides dline, possible wr if marsh leaves.
              Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
              Supporting this staff!
              Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

Comment

Sorry, but there is absolutely no way that Al Davis will let Seymour hit FA. He's crazy but not that crazy. He'll tag him if he has too and would never trade him to the Broncos. I won't be surprised if AD signs him to a huge 3-4 year contract.. And if he continues to play like that, then I have no problem with it..

Comment

He's definitely playing pissed.

Comment

Davis will keep him. He'll be the highest paid defensive player.

Comment

I have always thought that We spent so little this offseason to make a run at Seymour, and Wolfork
                      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Seymour played well last night I'm sure Oakland didn't give up a 2011 1st rounder for a one year player, although it's Oakland so who knows. I agree with the other posters weather I'd want him in Denver next year would depend on how our D line performs this year.
                        sigpic

Comment

It's funny Denver get Alphonso Smith for their first round and the Raiders get Richard Seymour. Hardly seems fair.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
                            Sorry, but there is absolutely no way that Al Davis will let Seymour hit FA. He's crazy but not that crazy. He'll tag him if he has too and would never trade him to the Broncos. I won't be surprised if AD signs him to a huge 3-4 year contract.. And if he continues to play like that, then I have no problem with it..
                            I hadn't thought of it that way, but you're right. Davis will franchise him if he won't re-sign. The Broncos have about a 0% chance of getting him next year.

Wilfork, on the other hand, could be had, but he'll be expensive. I doubt that NE overspends on him, so he'll probably walk.
                            sigpic

Comment

That first round pick to NE could possibly be the best first round draft pick in YEARS with the new rookie pay scale in 2011.

Besides we have Smith locked up for peanuts compared to Seymour.

Dlineman don't age well.

Originally posted by speardog View Post
                              It's funny Denver get Alphonso Smith for their first round and the Raiders get Richard Seymour. Hardly seems fair.
                              R.I.P. D. Williams, We'll always miss you

Comment

As good as Seymour is. the dude is getting old and is asking for way to much money. Yes he is good but do you want to pay a guy who has been in the nfl for 8 or 9 years who has maxed out his potential and it is all down hill from now, anything over 4 million a year. Hes asking for around 7ish i believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X