Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richard Seymour???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Davis will keep him. He'll be the highest paid defensive player.
    I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Oakland cannot redo his deal during the season. It insinuated that basically it is a foregone conclusion that he will become an UFA.

    That doesn't mean Oakland wont find a way to pay him but I do think he will be able to test the market i.e. no tags.

    It will be interesting to see if he would be interested in joining Belichek junior and NE West.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by speardog View Post
      It's funny Denver get Alphonso Smith for their first round and the Raiders get Richard Seymour. Hardly seems fair.
      Unfair in which way?

      The Bronos are getting a good young player at the begging of his career.

      The Raiderettes are getting an aged player, who is still good, at the end of his career for what is very likely only one year.
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
        Unfair in which way?

        The Bronos are getting a good young player at the begging of his career.

        The Raiderettes are getting an aged player, who is still good, at the end of his career for what is very likely only one year.
        Uhh not really, D-lineman can play well into their 30's. I'd say he at least has 4-6 good seasons in him.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
          Uhh not really, D-lineman can play well into their 30's. I'd say he at least has 4-6 good seasons in him.
          not really the point I was making. I didn't say he only had one year left. I said the Raiders would only get him for one year likely, meaning he probably won't resign with them....
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
            not really the point I was making. I didn't say he only had one year left. I said the Raiders would only get him for one year likely, meaning he probably won't resign with them....
            The undead will likely wave the franchise wand and make him stay. Or does that power go away with the CBA?
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Broncos Bassist View Post
              The undead will likely wave the franchise wand and make him stay. Or does that power go away with the CBA?
              You are correct. They can franchise him. Doesn't that leave one of their young defensive players uprotected though? It seems as though a couple of them are in contract years...(Morrison, Thomas, Aso?)
              sigpic
              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                You are correct. They can franchise him. Doesn't that leave one of their young defensive players uprotected though? It seems as though a couple of them are in contract years...(Morrison, Thomas, Aso?)
                I was wondering who was going to be a FA this year for them. We'll probably see some scrambling to re-sign some of those guys halfway through the season. Probably pay Aso 135 million over 6 months or something. I can never figure out how they can afford to pay a handful of guys so much and stay under the cap. They must have about 48 guys making the minimum.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Broncos Bassist View Post
                  I was wondering who was going to be a FA this year for them. We'll probably see some scrambling to re-sign some of those guys halfway through the season. Probably pay Aso 135 million over 6 months or something. I can never figure out how they can afford to pay a handful of guys so much and stay under the cap. They must have about 48 guys making the minimum.
                  It would seem so wouldn't it? I think they already resigned one of them, I just can't remember who.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Aso has already been signed to a multi-year extension. You can bet your bottom dollar that Al Davis will franchise tag Seymor if they don't extend his contract. I really don't think it will come to that - Al Davis has never been a cheapskate when it comes to players (obviously). He is known to lowball the hell out of his coaches (or not pay them at all).

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X