Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jinx
    replied
    Aso has already been signed to a multi-year extension. You can bet your bottom dollar that Al Davis will franchise tag Seymor if they don't extend his contract. I really don't think it will come to that - Al Davis has never been a cheapskate when it comes to players (obviously). He is known to lowball the hell out of his coaches (or not pay them at all).

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos Bassist View Post
    I was wondering who was going to be a FA this year for them. We'll probably see some scrambling to re-sign some of those guys halfway through the season. Probably pay Aso 135 million over 6 months or something. I can never figure out how they can afford to pay a handful of guys so much and stay under the cap. They must have about 48 guys making the minimum.
    It would seem so wouldn't it? I think they already resigned one of them, I just can't remember who.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos Bassist
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    You are correct. They can franchise him. Doesn't that leave one of their young defensive players uprotected though? It seems as though a couple of them are in contract years...(Morrison, Thomas, Aso?)
    I was wondering who was going to be a FA this year for them. We'll probably see some scrambling to re-sign some of those guys halfway through the season. Probably pay Aso 135 million over 6 months or something. I can never figure out how they can afford to pay a handful of guys so much and stay under the cap. They must have about 48 guys making the minimum.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos Bassist View Post
    The undead will likely wave the franchise wand and make him stay. Or does that power go away with the CBA?
    You are correct. They can franchise him. Doesn't that leave one of their young defensive players uprotected though? It seems as though a couple of them are in contract years...(Morrison, Thomas, Aso?)

Leave a comment:

• Broncos Bassist
    replied
    not really the point I was making. I didn't say he only had one year left. I said the Raiders would only get him for one year likely, meaning he probably won't resign with them....
    The undead will likely wave the franchise wand and make him stay. Or does that power go away with the CBA?

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
    Uhh not really, D-lineman can play well into their 30's. I'd say he at least has 4-6 good seasons in him.
    not really the point I was making. I didn't say he only had one year left. I said the Raiders would only get him for one year likely, meaning he probably won't resign with them....

Leave a comment:

• RaiderFanSD
    replied
    Unfair in which way?

The Bronos are getting a good young player at the begging of his career.

The Raiderettes are getting an aged player, who is still good, at the end of his career for what is very likely only one year.
    Uhh not really, D-lineman can play well into their 30's. I'd say he at least has 4-6 good seasons in him.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Originally posted by speardog View Post
    It's funny Denver get Alphonso Smith for their first round and the Raiders get Richard Seymour. Hardly seems fair.
    Unfair in which way?

The Bronos are getting a good young player at the begging of his career.

The Raiderettes are getting an aged player, who is still good, at the end of his career for what is very likely only one year.

Leave a comment:

• jhildebrand
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Davis will keep him. He'll be the highest paid defensive player.
    I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Oakland cannot redo his deal during the season. It insinuated that basically it is a foregone conclusion that he will become an UFA.

That doesn't mean Oakland wont find a way to pay him but I do think he will be able to test the market i.e. no tags.

It will be interesting to see if he would be interested in joining Belichek junior and NE West.

Leave a comment:

• 15thebeast
    replied
    As good as Seymour is. the dude is getting old and is asking for way to much money. Yes he is good but do you want to pay a guy who has been in the nfl for 8 or 9 years who has maxed out his potential and it is all down hill from now, anything over 4 million a year. Hes asking for around 7ish i believe.

Leave a comment:

• Spray
    replied
    That first round pick to NE could possibly be the best first round draft pick in YEARS with the new rookie pay scale in 2011.

Besides we have Smith locked up for peanuts compared to Seymour.

Dlineman don't age well.

Originally posted by speardog View Post
    It's funny Denver get Alphonso Smith for their first round and the Raiders get Richard Seymour. Hardly seems fair.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos Bassist
    replied
    Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
    Sorry, but there is absolutely no way that Al Davis will let Seymour hit FA. He's crazy but not that crazy. He'll tag him if he has too and would never trade him to the Broncos. I won't be surprised if AD signs him to a huge 3-4 year contract.. And if he continues to play like that, then I have no problem with it..
    I hadn't thought of it that way, but you're right. Davis will franchise him if he won't re-sign. The Broncos have about a 0% chance of getting him next year.

Wilfork, on the other hand, could be had, but he'll be expensive. I doubt that NE overspends on him, so he'll probably walk.

Leave a comment:

• speardog
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dsmith275
    replied
    Seymour played well last night I'm sure Oakland didn't give up a 2011 1st rounder for a one year player, although it's Oakland so who knows. I agree with the other posters weather I'd want him in Denver next year would depend on how our D line performs this year.

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    I have always thought that We spent so little this offseason to make a run at Seymour, and Wolfork

Leave a comment:

Working...
X