Matt Barkley in 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Barkley in 2013

A California Golden Boy, #7, has a name that rolls off the tongue easily. Screw the QB's in this years draft they're all wildcat guys. I can see this kid is gonna be special. Any takers with me?
    #swapping

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    A California Golden Boy, #7, has a name that rolls off the tongue easily. Screw the QB's in this years draft they're all wildcat guys. I can see this kid is gonna be special. Any takers with me?
    Special? Heck yeah. He'll be the top pick, or go to the first team that needs a quarterback. He will have had three full years under Pete Carroll and the pro-style system USC runs. Guys are going to say he didn't look all that great today and you're over-reacting, and if that's what you're basing this on... they're right. He didn't do much, and it was actually McKnight who carried the team on that last drive, outside of the throw Barkley made to him on third down. He won the quarterback job, albeit he got ground through a minor injury to his competitor, as a true freshman and won the big game tonight. All-and-all, you're lacking vision not to think he's not going to be great.

You don't exactly want us to get him, though... because if we do it means we've delved deep into disaster and hold a top three pick.

Comment

He definitely seems like something special. Give him some time to develop and be calm under pressure and he could do good things in the NFL. He definitely had a good game tonight against Ohio State. Good things from this kid to come!
      Inventor of "DOOM AND THE TERRIBLE 10"

@ballsdeepagain

Comment

Yeah.

I don't care how we get him. I just want him in Denver one way or another...
        sigpic

Comment

The endless quest for the next Elway still hunts us all...
          sigpic
          I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Screw Barkley get Forcier from Michigan. I know he tore up ND but this kid is talented and has great natural instincts. Honestly you don't want a quarterback that isn't use to getting hit every single play and that is what will happen to Barkley.

Comment

A bit early to be game planning for Barkley isn't it boys?

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                Screw Barkley get Forcier from Michigan. I know he tore up ND but this kid is talented and has great natural instincts. Honestly you don't want a quarterback that isn't use to getting hit every single play and that is what will happen to Barkley.
                Even Jimmy Claussen looked pretty good today. He has a stronger arm than I thought.
                sigpic

Comment

I like what I saw from Matt Barkley tonight. He looked calm, cool and collected for just turning 19 it's crazy. He had 2 great drives one at end of 1st quarter and game winning TD at the end. I saw great potential put lets give him some time to develop and see what he becomes. I see that special something in him ..
                  sigpic

Comment

Of course theres something special about him. He just turned 19 years old and he is the starting QB for the #3 USC Trojans.. Now not sure if its the coaches or him but he has played pretty conservative in the first two games this season.. We'll see how he continues to play as they get into the conference schedule..

Although Barkley has led his team to two victories one against Ohio St, I am much much more impressed with Tate Forcier.. Kid looked downright nasty today against Notre Dame.. Both QB's have a lot to look forward to, it will be interesting to see what kind of rivalry these two develop as there careers progress..
                    WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Comment

And let's not forget that Mr.Bates is grooming him so he should be waaaaayyyyyy better than the current crop of USC qb's that are in the NFL. And you gotta see that kid in his interviews, he just looks like he should wear the Orange and Blue someday. Funny thing was I posted right after his game winning drive and on ESPN this morning they were saying how Elway like that drive was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Barkley

Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
                      The endless quest for the next Elway still hunts us all...
                      What's sad is I was finally coming to terms with that. I felt JC was special in his own way. But one thing, he was not a California golden boy. And that's what we miss here. More than just his play on field, his charisma we miss most. JC was , as StarScream said in the old transformers movie, a "charismatic bore." This kid is gonna be for us. He compliments Mr. B's lavish lifestyle.:go:
                      #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by The Hamburgler View Post
                        Even Jimmy Claussen looked pretty good today. He has a stronger arm than I thought.
                        Jimmy has actually improved leaps and bounds in pocket awareness but I still want to see him face even more pressure to see if he still makes will still make those retarded mistakes. He overthrew some balls but some of those in completions were balls right on the money that receivers dropped. It also helps he has amazing weapons.

Comment

For a 19 year old he showed awesome poise. Just sat and watched the re-run of the game, he has limitless potential

Comment

This California boy has been much much more impressive IMO.

He is just cold Blooded. Most amazing true freshman QB I have ever seen.

Comment

I may sound like a total hypocrite in this because I did support Forcier in this thread but then again he did play a Notre Dame defense that hasn't improved at all over the past 3 years even with Manti Te'o and is down right horrible.

The thing I like about the kid is that he has natural instincts that you either have or don't which this kid definitely has and besides that one interception he had a great performance.

Comment

Working...
                              X