Hank Baskett?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm all for bringing in his wife....

His name is Baskett? I've been calling him Buckets for years....

But seriously, we don't need another WR. Marshall will hopefully get better once he learns the offense. Then comes a payday.
    sigpic

Supporting McD since 2009.

Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

Comment

His hot wife is a huge Charger fan. Let's convert her.

Comment

Originally posted by RodSmithRules View Post
        I'm all for bringing in his wife....

His name is Baskett? I've been calling him Buckets for years....

But seriously, we don't need another WR. Marshall will hopefully get better once he learns the offense. Then comes a payday.
        For those who don't know Baskett is a VERY poor man's version of Marshall. He's a big young guy at WR, not a burner. He's never gotten more than 500 yards in a season. Though he's managed over 400 yards in two of those seasons, where he started no more than 6 games in each. 3 years and 1,000 yards with 6 TDs.

I think McDaniels offense really doesn't need burners. So I think the fact he is a big tall target makes him more useful in the offense.

I don't know how this Marshall thing is going to turn out. Does he play like crap on purpose? Does he beat some girl up? Does he get suspended? The list of bad things that can happen with Marshall is VERY long.

Here's what I would be tempted to do. Grab Baskett. Throw somebody whom you're not concerned about losing on the practice squad to make room. Take a long hard look at what Marshall is doing on the football field and make a decision. Because if they are forced to do something with Marshall.... it would be nice to have somebody to step in.

Comment

Originally posted by porkadachop View Post
          His hot wife is a huge Charger fan. Let's convert her.
          What exactly does converting entail?

Comment

it puts the ball in the Basket

Last edited by jojo187; 09-16-2009, 03:35 PM.
            if man is 5 and jay cutler is 6 then that must make john elway 7

Comment

Originally posted by Soothsayer View Post
              For those who don't know Baskett is a VERY poor man's version of Marshall. He's a big young guy at WR, not a burner. He's never gotten more than 500 yards in a season. Though he's managed over 400 yards in two of those seasons, where he started no more than 6 games in each. 3 years and 1,000 yards with 6 TDs.

I think McDaniels offense really doesn't need burners. So I think the fact he is a big tall target makes him more useful in the offense.

I don't know how this Marshall thing is going to turn out. Does he play like crap on purpose? Does he beat some girl up? Does he get suspended? The list of bad things that can happen with Marshall is VERY long.

Here's what I would be tempted to do. Grab Baskett. Throw somebody whom you're not concerned about losing on the practice squad to make room. Take a long hard look at what Marshall is doing on the football field and make a decision. Because if they are forced to do something with Marshall.... it would be nice to have somebody to step in.
              I believe we are already carrying 7 WR's. I think only McKinley is eligible for the practice squad and therre is no way he clears waivers.

Comment

All I know is Kendra is a HUGE chargers fan...so if we could convert her into being a Bronco fan, that would be awesome!

As for Baskett, well I don't really want him or think we need him!
                sigpic

Comment

Hmmm...it appears Kendra should have waited for her meal ticket to sign a lucrative long-term contract before popping out the brat and getting married. Oh well, live and hopefully learn.

Comment

Much like everyone here, i'd love to see the kendra staduim shots in a broncos jersey.........however i think he is the opposite of what this team needs.

Comment

Originally posted by IbarHarry View Post
                      I believe we are already carrying 7 WR's. I think only McKinley is eligible for the practice squad and therre is no way he clears waivers.
                      I count 6 right now:

Royal
                      Stokley
                      Gaffney
                      McKinley
                      Lloyd
                      Marshall

Now if the Broncos HAVE to do something about Marshall they are down to 5. That 5 is a respectable group without Marshall. But it certainly lacks a big body.

Perhaps the Broncos grab Baskett and waive Lloyd. If Marshall continues on the wrong path.... time to move him (Detroit or something like that). I would assume Lloyd will still be available a week later. Or if somebody managed to snag him, perhaps Jackson could be brought back. Reagardless, I think a big body like Baskett might be a good pickup right now.

Comment

This is Kendra;

So, yes, convert her now. Leave Hank in Philly though.
                        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

He'd be a nice pickup if we wanted to cut somebody on the D-line, not sure who though.
                          sigpic
                          Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Working...
                          X