Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshall, Dumerville, Orton Can we sign them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MindField View Post
    Who says we have to do that?

With the lack of a CBA, ALL Free Agents are restricted.

I think that is going to allow us to sign Orton, along with Scheffler and RG Chris Kuper for next season on one year deals, when normally, they would be gone.

I think Orton wants to be in Denver, and McD can't just let him walk with Chris Simms (who I have to believe will be released) or an untested/unproven Tom Brandstater as the alternative.

Even if they draft a QB, McD won't want to start a rookie.

The big contracts and the big money this offseason will go to Brandon Marshall and Elvis Dumervil, and Orton will probably get a one year deal to prove himself next season before the Broncos commit long term.

There is reason to believe Kyle Orton will be even better next season with a full offseason to master the offense, and to bond with Marshall, Royal and Scheffler to even a larger degree.

Orton can frustrate you with his limitations, but all things considered, his performance this season has been above expectations.
    Agreed. Well put too Mindfield. What is your opinion on Kuper? Do you think Olsen will be placed in one of the guard spots eventually, or will we look to add a free agent or maybe draft a rookie instead of paying kuper a lot of money?

Comment

Originally posted by basbllplaya26 View Post
      Agreed. Well put too Mindfield. What is your opinion on Kuper? Do you think Olsen will be placed in one of the guard spots eventually, or will we look to add a free agent or maybe draft a rookie instead of paying kuper a lot of money?
      I think right now, the lack of a CBA will keep Kuper and Scheffler here for another year. I would think Hochstein will be re-signed to play LG for another year or two, and if Kuper remains on the roster, he will go into camp as the starting RG. The real question is how good, and how fast Seth Olsen can compete to start?

Olsen is going to be a bigger player than Kuper, which translates well to a starting spot at RG in McD's power scheme, which I believe the team will move more toward next season.

I personally believe the ZBS will be phased out, and even coaches like Bobby Turner and Rick Dennison won't be back.

But that's just an opinion.
      Last edited by MindField; 11-30-2009, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
        I think right now, the lack of a CBA will keep Kuper and Scheffler here for another year. I would think Hochstein will be re-signed to play LG for another year or two, and if Kuper remains on the roster, he will go into camp as the starting RG. The real question is how good, and how fast Seth Olsen can compete to start?

Olsen is going to be a bigger player than Kuper, which translates well to a starting spot at RG in McD's power scheme, which I believe the team will move more toward next season.

I personally believe the ZBS will be phased out, and even coaches like Bobby Turner and Rick Dennison won't be back.

But that's just an opinion.
        Yeah I figured we would be moving to a power scheme. Is Hochstein big enough to man a starting spot in the power scheme as well? Or would we have to draft a guard to replace him?

Comment

Working...
        X