Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only trade deadline players I would want...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only trade deadline players I would want...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,194824

AJ Smith ripped the Chargers, Merriman is upset, he hasn't been playing well and might want out of San Diego (my opinion anyway). Merriman is on the last year of his contract, and if the Chargers aren't planning on keeping him, maybe they trade him now. I doubt they would trade him to us, not smart to trade within the division, but if there aren't any takers maybe we could land him for a small price. The Chargers could be going into rebuilding mode sooner than later and may want to stock up on draft picks to help them in the future.

Just wanted to know what people thought of this unlikely scenario.

Merriman is pretty bad. He's having to much fun banging and beating Tila Tequila to really care about football right now.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Our LBs are playing lights out right now (punn intended) No need to fix something that isn't broken at all.

Comment

Not a chance in hell

Comment

This is a joke, right?? Doom, Haggan, Ayers, Reid, Davis, DJ, Woody. We're fine at linebacker.

Comment

dude.....don't trade with divisonal rivals. just ask the raiders...

Comment

Funny thread. Had me in tears.
              I'll pass. We don't need a steroid using Overrated LB.

Comment

How much juice would we pump him with so he can be good again?

Comment

Steroids, bad knee and tequila included? Hmmm, I don't know...
                  sigpic

Comment

No thanks. What has he done this year that makes you think he could even start for this team? I believe one reason why he was so upset at AJ Smith is because he knows that the blunt of his comments were probably directed right at him. Seriously, the guy has done nothing on the field to help the chargers this season.

Comment

Im thinking the bolts might be able to rape al davis and the raiders for picks…maybe more. I know they need a QB but were talkin about al here…id love to get kirk morrison tho. And I don’t care if we do play shawne two times a year on the raiders doesn’t scare me for some reason. But most likely it will be an NFC team.
                      sigpic

Comment

If they trade him it won't be in the division. And right now, he's not worth anything more then a 3rd rounder. Tony Gonzalez was traded for a 2nd round pick, and he's the top TE in the NFL. Merriman isn't even a top 10 LB. So I guess it won't really matter if they hold on to him, or let him go. He's been terrible so far.

Comment

Merriman's performance has been declining ever since he was caught juicing. He is not the same player when the playing field is equal. I like the chemistry we are building on defense and think it is only a matter of time until Ayers has a break-out game.

Comment

Yeah cuz Merriman is exactly the kind of player McDaniels covets...
                            Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

i am going to get blasted for this.

why not? if they take conditional picks. 2nd rounder for 100 plus tackles, 3rd rounder 85, 4th 75 % of games, 5th anything else.

The outcast thing is working for us so far. merriman was good. but look at how the bronx have handled the marsh situation. if it does not work out. well... this is his last contract year.
                              Vikings GM- Everybody is open

Comment

Working...
                              X