Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bronco Draft Workshop

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
    A possibility......trade our first rd pick for a second and third rd pick , use our 2 second rd picks and 2 third rd picks on the following

    2. DE Vince Oghobasse or DT lawrence Marsh
    2. CB Javier Arenas
    3. C/G Thomas Austin
    3. ILB/WR/Return Specialist
    This is a good, and very possible, trade scenario...not so much the players, but the concept.

    I like Oghobaase and Areanas, though.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by MindField View Post
      This is a good, and very possible, trade scenario...not so much the players, but the concept.

      I like Oghobaase and Areanas, though.
      i agree and think its more likely we go this route than keep a 1st rd pick especially if its a low one like 13-15 becasue chicao sucks...i just dont belive we will accept the finacial cost again of a top 15 pick....

      i belive we will argue better value for rds 2-3 on players and cost...and we will go that route.....

      as for the players fair enough but we would be stupid not to address the secondary/DE/interior OL and some impact player elsewhere if we had 2 seconds and 2 thirds...lol......heck even CJ spiller comes to mind if he makes it to round 2......

      Comment


      • #33
        Jokers Wild

        I believe that you just keep adding pressure players, or 'Jokers', on defense when you can; those players are always hard to come by.

        Players like TCU's Jerry Hughes (6'3"-257) are going to be perfect for the Broncos defense, and this draft is going to be full of them.

        The 3-4 defense is built and predicated on skilled, athletic LB's, and if the Broncos end up with a Top 20 selection from Chicago, as expected, they would do well to replace Moss, for example, with another skilled pass rush threat on the heels of drafting Robert Ayers.

        Comment


        • #34
          come you guys what about BRANDON SPIKES!!! He will be very available if we are picking in the top 20!!! He would compliment D.J. and complete our LB core with Dumervil, Williams, SPIKES, and Ayers a very good young LB core also with great subs with Andre' Davis, Wesley Woodyard, Mario Haggan, Darrell Reid!! WOW look at that!! that could possibly the best LB corps in the league WOW!!!!

          I say that we need to draft LB Brandon Spikes Florida, C Kristofer O'Dowd USC, DE Vince Oghobaase Duke ( McDaniels type of a DE at 6'6" 300Lbs.), And S Myron Rolle Florida State!!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by BRADFORD'10 View Post
            come you guys what about BRANDON SPIKES!!! He will be very available if we are picking in the top 20!!! He would compliment D.J. and complete our LB core with Dumervil, Williams, SPIKES, and Ayers a very good young LB core also with great subs with Andre' Davis, Wesley Woodyard, Mario Haggan, Darrell Reid!! WOW look at that!! that could possibly the best LB corps in the league WOW!!!!

            I say that we need to draft LB Brandon Spikes Florida, C Kristofer O'Dowd USC, DE Vince Oghobaase Duke ( McDaniels type of a DE at 6'6" 300Lbs.), And S Myron Rolle Florida State!!
            If we go MLB, which to me is just un-necessary (what's wrong with DJ and the job Aundra Davis has done???....and you still have Woodyard in reserve), give me Alabama's Rolando McClain.

            Spikes is a good player, but there are better players available.

            Personally, I believe we are going to take Florida's Mike Pouncey to play OLG in the first round.

            I think McD will value him as a 6'5"-320 body that is already familiar with the spread offense, as we know McD has studied what Florida does, and admires Urban Meyer's system. To me, Pouncey is a PERFECT LG for our O-line.

            Comment


            • #36
              All Florida Draft

              Originally posted by MindField View Post
              If we go MLB, which to me is just un-necessary (what's wrong with DJ and the job Aundra Davis has done???....and you still have Woodyard in reserve), give me Alabama's Rolando McClain.

              Spikes is a good player, but there are better players available.

              Personally, I believe we are going to take Florida's Mike Pouncey to play OLG in the first round.

              I think McD will value him as a 6'5"-320 body that is already familiar with the spread offense, as we know McD has studied what Florida does, and admires Urban Meyer's system. To me, Pouncey is a PERFECT LG for our O-line.
              IF the Pauncey Twins declare, and thats a big if, mike pauncey will be 2nd round material and maurkice pauncey 3rd rounder. With that said, Andre davis is going to be 30 this year i think. he is getting up there in age. Why not get an emotional and aggressive player like Spikes in the 1st then Pauncey twins the next 2 picks. Then a safety in the forth, CB in the sixth, and WR/KR in the 7th.

              Spikes will learn from Dawkins Champ and DJ (in my mind the best group to learn from) and be a starter next year.
              Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                IF the Pauncey Twins declare, and thats a big if, mike pauncey will be 2nd round material and maurkice pauncey 3rd rounder. With that said, Andre davis is going to be 30 this year i think. he is getting up there in age. Why not get an emotional and aggressive player like Spikes in the 1st then Pauncey twins the next 2 picks. Then a safety in the forth, CB in the sixth, and WR/KR in the 7th.

                Spikes will learn from Dawkins Champ and DJ (in my mind the best group to learn from) and be a starter next year.
                It's not a big 'if' at all, it's likely the Pouncey twins will leave.

                Tebow will be gone, and they will have done all there is to do in college football. They risk injury and a loss of money by staying at Florida.

                To me, Spikes is a reach as a first round pick, especially in the top 20. He's not overly athletic....don't get me wrong, he's a good player, but I don't think he is going to be an outstanding Pro. To me, he's running third behind McClain and Missouri's Weatherspoon, and I would take both of those players over him.

                The Broncos will have the luxury of taking the best player available in the first round. That could be a stud d-lineman that they rarely get a chance to draft, a good safety to groom under B Dawk, a good young corner prospect since Champ is likely gone after next year or an interior C/G.

                The question to me is really how far Chicago falls and how early the draft selection the Broncos get from them.

                Comment

                Working...
                X