No announcement yet.

Brandon Spikes...the eye gouger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. I would not mind us drafting him to be groomed as Davis' future replacement.

And if this incident really is that big of a problem, think about Romanowski.

Its fine if you don't want him based on need/skill/draft position, but to say this would sway you isn't fair.

All it is, is firey passion for the game, win at all costs.

And I completely condone it on an irregular basis.

Everyone does it, not everyone gets caught.

Its football. **** happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post

He should be done for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
        Exactly-

Davis and Williams have played about as well as any pair of ILB's in the league thus far and I have no idea why we would want to fix something that's not broken.

IMO our greatest need is LG (now) and OC (next year).
        The people that want Spikes now are probably the people that booed the Clady pick when it happened just because it wasn't the flashy pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
          All it is, is firey passion for the game, win at all costs.

That is the most bogus thing i have ever heard. I have played football almost me entire life until recently and i would never condone that. If one of my teammates ever pulled that crap I would make sure they understood the consequences. That stuff has no place in the game at all. Part of what makes football the greatest game is the ability to play like an animal and act like a man after the whistle is blown, that is what seperates the boys from the men on the field. It was a classless move.
          Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
          Supporting this staff!
          Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

Comment

We were discussing this in the college football section. Obviously I'm a bit biased being a Gator fan, but there is one thing that I've found interesting. A ton of people around the country are calling for him to be out for the season...but what about the Georgia running back that it happened to? He said he doesn't think Spikes should be suspended at all, and that it happens all the time. All these people that it didn't affect want him out, but the guy it happened to is okay with it? Funny how that works.

Just for the record i was very dissapointed when I saw it happen, and in no way condone what Brandon did. I hate to see that sort of thing happened, but thought I should add that little bit of information to the discussion. Hopefully he learns from his mistake and stays away from actions like that in the future.

Go Gators!
            sigpic
            Thanks Blondie79!
            All aboard the TEBOW TRAIN... since 2006!
            Team Tebow #15

Adopted NFL Player:
            "Oh Mercy"PERCY HARVIN

Comment

Just wondering if this was the first time Spikes has gotten in trouble either on or off the field?
              sigpic

Adopted Posters:
              Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
              Adopted By:
              Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
              Broncbeat

Comment

Working...
              X