Clear All

1.Sam Bradford, Quarterback, Oklahoma
    2.Corey Wootton, Defensive End, Northwestern
    3.Vince Oghobaase, Defensive End, Duke
    4.Myron Rolle, Safety, Florida State
    5.Walter Thurmond, Cornerback, Oregon
    6.Tony Moeaki, Tight End, Iowa
    7.Justin Walton, Center, Baylor
    I disagree that we are short on depth at the 3-4 DE position. Depth is okay if a bit old, but is fine. What we really need is that marquee player to make a difference in the starting lineup, and then we also gain more depth when the former starting player moves down to backup. 3-4 DEs take a long time to develop, we should plan on those 2 DEs being nothing but depth for the first year, with other issues on the team I think we should use the 3rd rounder on interior lineman or CB and get more immediate contribution.

Even if Scheffler goes, that means we have Graham and Quinn, the 3rd TE can come from FA, I think we should spend the pick on a good scatback.

Anyways, I approve, haven't really decided on Bradford or not but I'd be happy with this draft as is

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
      Why did I think he was 6'1" 205?

Huh, either I had a big misconception (it wouldn't be the first time), or the combine will reveal some telling numbers.
      Well I know he's taller than 6-1, and just by looking at him and with his height, I'm guessing he's bigger than 205.

Colt McCoy is probably closer to 6-1 205 if that was who you were thinking of.

Comment

1st Round I hope we trade down for a pick in the 20's because right now its looking the bears will be in the top 12. With that pick select Joe Haden CB out of Florida. In no way is he the next champ bailey but we really need some youth at CB to mold because I really only see Alphonso as being a great #2.

With 2 second round picks we should select Arrelious Benn WR out of Illinois. The kid can flat out play and would be a great compliment to 'the beast' on the other side as well as eddie royal in the slot. That would be some pass attack wouldn't it.
        #2 we pick Center Kris O' Dowd out of USC. I feel he could step in a play right away with the re-signing of kuper and seth olsen taking hoc's place we would have Clady - Olsen - O' Dowd - Kuper - Harris. All really young, hopefully we stick to Zone Block as well.

3rd round pick select Eric norwood OLB for south Carolina this would give us a great rotation at OLB so that we always have fresh legs in there whether it be Ayers, Doom, Norwood, or Reid to rush the passer.

4th round pick select Micah Johnson with Andra Davis in the last year of his contract at age 31 we get some youth to mold under him as a strong side LB. Johnson has been a bright spot on the Kentucky D all year.

6th round pick we select Boo Robinson DT out of Wake Forest. Good size and gives us a D lineman to develop over the year similar to Chris Baker, So I think the DL next year will be McBean - Baker - Peterson.

with the 7th round pick we select Legarrette Blount RB from Oregon. this kid has got the talent of a first rounder but with suspensions it has dropped him off the radar, he would be a excellent compliment to Moreno lateral quickness, kind of like a crash and dash scenario.

Thats my personal draft wish list. There really inset a whole lot of holes on this team so hopefully McD in the next draft fills them in. I have confidence that this team can be a serious SB contender.

Comment

Very possible, especially at 11-12. Smart, good student, and accurate. A JMD pick for sure.

I have him creeping in the first 32. Either way, DE is likely but the O line is a greater need in the first day at this point.

Double dipping on the D line when we need two starters on the O line?! Cant agree with the double dip here.

Does this kid even want to play football? What about all the picks we have invested here already?

We need a starting center! Not a flier in the 7th!

Comment

Originally posted by Momentum View Post

Very possible, especially at 11-12. Smart, good student, and accurate. A JMD pick for sure.

I have him creeping in the first 32. Either way, DE is likely but the O line is a greater need in the first day at this point.

Double dipping on the D line when we need two starters on the O line?! Cant agree with the double dip here.

Does this kid even want to play football? What about all the picks we have invested here already?

We need a starting center! Not a flier in the 7th
            !

JD Walton is a 2nd-3rd Round Pick. I'm not sure why this guy has him going in the 7th. But regardless, he wouldn't be a flier, he could start from Day 1.

Comment

I personally think that this draft needs to be all about the lines. We need C and G in a huge way. But I dont like taking them in the first round. So if we took Bradford I wouldnt mind. But I would expect C G and at least to 300lb+ Dlinemen somewhere in this draft.
              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

in free agency we are getting vince wilfork or possibly seymore higley unlikely considering raiders gave up a 1st for him vince is comeing to denver and reuiniting with josh with our pick we are tradeing down a few slots picking up a second and taking with our first (nt dan williams or qb sam bradford)our now two 2nd round picks we get ol iupeti and dont forget we can always trade away another first next year to get back into first round that just speculation though

Comment

Working...
                X