Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first 2010 Mock Draft

Well, here it goes -

Round 1 - TERRENCE CODY - DT - ALABAMA - 6-4 - 365 - http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2010&genpos=DT

Alabama are ranked #2 in the SEC in rush D allowing just 2.7 yards per carry, he is a BIG reason for this. Has also blocked 2 field goals in important situations. He takes up 2-3 blockers on almost any play and despite some questioning his work rate at times he could be the next great NT.

Round 2 - DAN WILLIAMS - DT - TENNESSEE - 6-2 - 327 - http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2010&genpos=DT

He has been called unblockable at times and seems to be a great teammate with a great work ethic, he could even jump into round 1, my only concern is if he is big enough to be a NT, not convinced and believe that he will move over to be a great 3-4 DE for us.

Round 3 - TED LARSEN - NORTH CAROLINA STATE - C - 6-2 - 300 - http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...=2010&genpos=C

He has great strength and mobility, can also play guard. This is his first year at C and is getting better and better each week. He has been known to get anxious on occasions and over-snap the ball which he needs to work on.

Round 4 - MITCH PETRUS - ARKANSAS - OG - 6-3 - 315 - http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2010&genpos=OG

I believe we need a more physical guard then Hamilton and also Hamilton is almost done and this guy could compete with Hochstein to take over. He was week 9 SEC OL of the week and is a leader in their offense.

Round 6 - A.J. WALLACE - CB - PENN STATE - 6-0 - 195 - http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2010&genpos=CB

He has been suspended for 2 games due to academic issues but has worked himself from a back-up before the season to a starter and as Paterno now says 'is one of the better players on the team'. With his size and speed (4.43) he could be worth a late round pick and if he gets his head on straight and continues to make strides on the field it could be a great pick-up.

Round 7 - WILLIAM FORD - SOUTH CAROLINA STATE - RB - 5-9 - 188 -
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2010&genpos=RB

At first glance he is too small but he continues to play well. Runs a 4.42 and in limited situations has 752 yards on the ground and 10 TD's. He has 520 KR yards on 20 returns and ran back a 90 yard KR. Not an everydown player but very dangerous.

So what are you thoughts?

I can't stand the Cody pick. He's lazy, fat, and in no way versatile. He's the exact opposite of what McDaniels and Nolan want in a player. I'm a big Dan Williams fan. However, why would we take 2 nose tackles with our first 2 picks? Also, I don't see Williams lasting until the later part of the second round - there's a chance he goes in the top 32 selections. At this point Ted Larsen could be had in the 6th round. I don't know much about your other 3 selections.

Comment

Originally posted by ramanboy33 View Post
      I can't stand the Cody pick. He's lazy, fat, and in no way versatile. He's the exact opposite of what McDaniels and Nolan want in a player. I'm a big Dan Williams fan. However, why would we take 2 nose tackles with our first 2 picks? Also, I don't see Williams lasting until the later part of the second round - there's a chance he goes in the top 32 selections. At this point Ted Larsen could be had in the 6th round. I don't know much about your other 3 selections.
      Cody is always knocked for his work ethic but the fact is he always produces. He is having another good year and if he was that big of a problem he would not be starting year after year.

I like Dan Williams and like I stated I believe he will be moved to DE in our scheme. I think we hit DL early as they can take the D to another level and we lack star talent and depth on the DL. He could get taken earlier but I think round 2 is accurate for now.

Theres no way Larsen drops to round 6. He will make a run up draft boards, count on it.

Comment

Cody is a lot of money for a two down player. I know he blocks kicks and all that, but do did Jarvis Moss. Im skeptical if he can make it to superstardom in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
          Cody is always knocked for his work ethic but the fact is he always produces. He is having another good year and if he was that big of a problem he would not be starting year after year.

I like Dan Williams and like I stated I believe he will be moved to DE in our scheme. I think we hit DL early as they can take the D to another level and we lack star talent and depth on the DL. He could get taken earlier but I think round 2 is accurate for now.

Theres no way Larsen drops to round 6. He will make a run up draft boards, count on it.
          I agree we should hit D-line early. Ideally, I'd like to see us trade back and pick up an additional 2nd - and then target DL, DL, CB, OG/C. I haven't put much though into it, but something like this would be ideal in my eyes:

1. Cameron Heyward (DL) Ohio State
          2. Dan Williams (DL) Tenn
          2. Mike Johnson (OG) Alabama
          3. Donovan Warren (CB) Michigan

As for Cody, I'm not saying he won't be a good player. He could be a phenomenal NFL player - I just don't think he fits what we're trying to do. I personally think Dan Williams is an NFL NT, although as you say, he could play at end - which is why I think he's worth drafting for the Broncos. If we got him in the mid 50's, it's be a steal - I think he goes sooner. As for Larsen, we'll see. It's possible he moves up like you say, but if the draft were today I really doubt he goes in the 3rd.
          Last edited by ramanboy33; 11-28-2009, 07:45 PM.

Comment

At this point i am not sure what denvers biggest need is. another time for that disscussion.

T Cody. I am a fan. All you crying about how many snaps he takes. Look at the monsters in the middle of most NFL franchise 3-4 nose tackles and tell me how many snaps do they get again. A dominant nose tackle is needed. While mclain is good T Cody has made him a player being compared to R Lewis and P willis. Remember NT are their to make the linebackers take up the plays. and well T Cody has done that.

Football is situational folks. You dont see your Iron Man football palyers anymore guys that play both of and def. heck you see alot of sub packages throughout the game. Nickle Dime. Goalline. a TON. as long as T Cody Dominates in those packages it just make sthe team better. I dont see why you people just dont get that. He has passed with my approbal this year. He has been dominant. He has stayed healthy. Lazy NT's he is not.. His Cardio is a realative easy fix. Something that is minor when compareing to Leval of play and Health.

Dan WIlliams is a NT. I am a cool with either or but not both. Chris Baker has gotten no play time. which speaks volumes to me. Heck i see him as a LDE where he could let his athleticism play out. Much like they do in Baltimore with Ngata.
            The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
            While he sits by his hearth at home.
            Quickly finds when questioned by others .
            That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

I like some things Cody does then i hate him for the other stuff. I oove his size and Strength to be a NFL standard NT but what you have to look at is his BMI if he drops weight just so he is more toned and in better shape will this mean he is easier to move. Plus i hate the fact he plays on one of the most talented D's in the NCAA so most of what he does looks better because he has talent all over the defense.

I am warming up to us picking Cameron Heyward, Is there anything he does not do. he chases down every play, he knows his assignment and sticks with it, He is all most unblockable in college football due to his strength and speed, He has not got Mario Williams speed for his size but he is probley around the same if not faster then Richard Seymour.

Comment

Terrance Cody has no business being in the 1st round at all... The only reason people have him going in the 1st is because he is really the only legitimate NT prospect on a national power house.

But anyone who actually watches college football knows the heart and soul of that Alabama defense is Rolando McClain, who by the way would be an excellent draft choice for our Broncos.

I will bet 1 of my paychecks to anyone that Cody is going to be a giant bust in the NFL. Quote me!

Comment

No to Cody. He's a college beast but his lack of work ethic is a big deal in the NFL. Nobody just walks into the NFL and beasts without working incredibly hard at it. Gerard Warren anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by ramanboy33 View Post
                    Dan Williams will be a 3-4 DE, so i'm thinking we go NT, then DE.

There's no way Larsen drops to round 6 IMO.

Cody has played at a high level all through college, his work rate will be analysed but if it isn't as bad as advertised, and I suspect it isn't, then he will be a round one pick easy, probably top 15-20.

McClain seems a good player but good D's start with a good DL and a very good NT.

Comment

I would also add that Dan Williams might jump into round one and that could be the one problem with my mock. In that case I feel that we could go for someone like Perrish Cox from Oklahoma State who would be good value in round 2.

I do feel that we need a DE somewhere and apart from Wooten who is a round 1 lock I don't see any worth selecting that high.

Maybe FA? Jolly?

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                        I would also add that Dan Williams might jump into round one and that could be the one problem with my mock. In that case I feel that we could go for someone like Perrish Cox from Oklahoma State who would be good value in round 2.

I do feel that we need a DE somewhere and apart from Wooten who is a round 1 lock I don't see any worth selecting that high.

Maybe FA? Jolly?
                        Cameron Heyward would be a great pick for us at the 10th or so spot. And I know Jolly has had a good year, but it hasn't been THAT good, and I think Heyward has the potential to be much much better, and would prefer him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                          Cameron Heyward would be a great pick for us at the 10th or so spot. And I know Jolly has had a good year, but it hasn't been THAT good, and I think Heyward has the potential to be much much better, and would prefer him.
                          I have to admit I'm warming to Heyward and I believe we do need a DE.

From what I have seen of Jolly he is solid, stout against the run but has a limited pass rush so maybe he's not the answer.

I just believe that Cody will be the next top NT, every time I see him he dominates in the middle and its no coincidence that the D is playing great and McClain is having a great year.

Fields is solid and I don't know much about Baker but its a little worrying that we never see him coming in.

Jamal Williams had the same critics about work ethic but he has been a top NT for years and if Cody does that for us we would be set for a long time.

Comment

I think that Dan Williams is a much better player overall than Terrance Cody. Williams has been said to be almost Unblockable the last half of the season.

As far as Cody at 6'5" 356lbs he is Huge and would help Clog the middle , but I just don't see him being that active.

Top 3 players in my mind on Defense

Cameron Heyward , Dan Williams and Rolando McClain - I think anyone of those guys would be a great addition to The Denver Broncos

Comment

Why does everyone want to draft DL first round in the draft?

Our players we have are quite good and young in some positions. Lots of talk about Cody but we have to large NT's already. Baker is 330 and just needs some time to learn, its his first year and he's 21. Parker on IR is a big one also at 6'5 338lbs and I think would be a great backup when Baker gets tired.

At DE we have alot of big bodies with talent and I don't think any draftee would start right away. McBean is young and will be a good DE for many years for us. Smith, Thomas, Peterson, and Fields are all solid and capable to play DE.

I am a Cody fan but would only take him if he was available in the 2nd. I think we are thin at ILB and CB on defence and would draft Mclain if he's around, I think he's the next Al Wilson.
                              2012 DRAFT

1 DT Still
                              2 LB Kendricks
                              3 DT Ta'amu
                              4 RB Turbin
                              4 WR Streeter
                              5 FS Hardin
                              5 FB Rodriguez
                              6 OG Wynn

2012 Hindsight Draft

2 Mychal Kendricks, ILB, California
                              2 Derek Wolfe, DT, Cincinnati