• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is so strange I just realized Rolando McClain was born the same day as

me well as year how rare is that?
    sigpic

Comment

I am all for keeping Davis at ILB until it is time for him to hang em up or until he hits the wall. thats kind of why i would like to see McClain take over at SOLB until that day comes. which is improving a position today on a needed spot. I am not sure on how Ayers could handle the role of DE. But i will argree with MUG that we need to find a way to get at the QB with 3 to 4 guys. Mcbean and Baker in my proposal would man the LDE spots and Ayers and KP would man the Right side. The good thing about moving Ayers is he could be rotated and grow into the position with Kenny Peterson ahead of him. We all know it takes a few years to get the hang of playing D Line. So it wouldnt be like throwing him into the fire. just ease em in. We got Fields on a two year deal either way we need to find out if he is going to be the long term soloution or not. Anyhow thanks for yalls thoughts.
      The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
      While he sits by his hearth at home.
      Quickly finds when questioned by others .
      That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

McClain would be a great pick. Moving Baker to end is possible because he played there for a decent amount of time in college. We wouldnt move Ayers to end. He's going to stay at outside linebacker.
        Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy View Post
          I am interested in all of you guys thoughts on this scenario.

Drafting McClain, Dan Williams,

Moving Chris Baker to LDE where his athleticism can be used. The LDE is a guy that is asked to Penetrate occassionaly but for the most part to keep LBers off LB's.

Ron Fields and Dan Williams at NT.

McClain at SOLB or TED. and having Haggan Backing up at the SOLB and ILB. Letting go or tradeing Hillis putting Larsen Full time at FB and ST.

And moving R Ayers to RDE. it was speculated that he can play DE in the 3-4. The guy is a mosnter against the run. and can penetrate. I think Ayers has alot of athletcism and could make the transition.

I dont mind if you dissaggree but if you dont have a arguement as to why not. why reply?
          I like McClain and if they don't trade down then he is a good pick in the first round but around #10 there will be other players like joe haden still available that would be better investments for a 1st round pick.

Micah Johnson from kentucky has all the skills to be a great 3-4 ILB...excels at hitting up the middle and stopping the run but can still play coverage on occassion. He could be had in round 2 or 3 which is a little bit better value for the SILB position.

Williams is a solid choice for NT which would leave someone open to try the switch to DE like baker as you suggest.

Ayers wouldn't be a very good fit for DE imo. He might be ok, but never dominant since he would be a little on the small side for a 3-4 DE. Most of the best 3-4 DEs are up around 300-310. brett kiesel who is around 285, is a very solid player but isn't what i would call dominant . I do think Ayers would make a very nice compliment to DOOM on the other side as the SOLB though. With DOOM leading the league with 14 sacks, i think they will find it hard to let him go in the offseason to be replaced by Ayers. Keeping both means Ayers would have to switch positions and the best place for him, imo, would be the SOLB.
          Last edited by broncos SB2010; 12-01-2009, 08:41 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
            I like McClain and if they don't trade down then he is a good pick in the first round but around #10 there will be other players like joe haden still available that would be better investments for a 1st round pick.

Micah Johnson from kentucky has all the skills to be a great 3-4 ILB...excels at hitting up the middle and stopping the run but can still play coverage on occassion. He could be had in round 2 or 3 which is a little bit better value for the SILB position.

Williams is a solid choice for NT which would leave someone open to try the switch to DE like baker as you suggest.

Ayers wouldn't be a very good fit for DE imo. He might be ok, but never dominant since he would be a little on the small side for a 3-4 DE. Most of the best 3-4 DEs are up around 300-310. brett kiesel who is around 285, is a very solid player but isn't what i would call dominant . I do think Ayers would make a very nice compliment to DOOM on the other side as the SOLB though. With DOOM leading the league with 14 sacks, i think they will find it hard to let him go in the offseason to be replaced by Ayers. Keeping both means Ayers would have to switch positions and the best place for him, imo, would be the SOLB.
            From what i have seen when Mario haggan or Doom need a blow. Ayers is the back up for both sides. when both are out they move Ayers to the WOLB spot. I dont record games so alot of this is coming from memory.

I think alot of you are right about Ayers. I would have liked moving him but. basically moving him would only set him back.

One thing if you look at alot of 3-4 teams that run the one gap scheme their RDE is not always 300+ Teams like this are San Diego, Dallas, Pitts.
            The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
            While he sits by his hearth at home.
            Quickly finds when questioned by others .
            That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Working...
            X