Chicago's pick with 5 games remaining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
    I just don't have the same confidence in Mallet as the rest of you do.

First of all he didn't show much of anything as a Freshman at Michigan.

Second he is in a Boby Petrino offense now. Of course his stats are going to look good, but he is a gunslinger and he has a pretty low completion percentage for a college QB. He has had an extra year in Petrino offense and Petrino QB's fare about as well as Tedford QB's do.

Third Mallett has red flag for being arrested so cross him off McDaniels list.

all valid points, with point 3 being a clincher...MCD does not like chracter flaws.....

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
      the bears will go 2-3.

they will beat stl and det. Lose to the rest.

Sea- might go 3-2
      and
      the panthers might also -as NO and company might rest players for playoffs.
      NO won't rest anybody if they are going for an undefeated season.
      sigpic
      Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Hopefully the Detroit game will surprise people just like it did last year where Cutler got injured.

But this time I don't want him to get injured I just want the baby to throw 5 picks again.

Comment

We will be picking in the 10-15 range, trade out of the 1st round for a 1st in 2011 (when hopefully there will be a rookie salary cap) and draft defense heavy once again!

Comment

I've done my figures, I think we are locked into the #10 or #11 selection. The only variable left in my mind is if Carolina loses more games than Chicago, and with Matt Moore likely the QB for awhile, that looks possible. There is an outside chance Miami loses out, which would bump us back to #12, but that is very unlikely.

So, if I'm a betting man, I'd feel really confidant placing all my chips on slot #11.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
              I've done my figures, I think we are locked into the #10 or #11 selection. The only variable left in my mind is if Carolina loses more games than Chicago, and with Matt Moore likely the QB for awhile, that looks possible. There is an outside chance Miami loses out, which would bump us back to #12, but that is very unlikely.

So, if I'm a betting man, I'd feel really confidant placing all my chips on slot #11.
              You are usually right, yet there is also a chance Chicago loses out. They have two games on their schedule they should win, but I think morale in Chicago is very bad right now. It's like their defense hasn't been showing up for the last few weeks. They have enough talent in their front 7 that they should be able to do a better job of stopping the run.

IMO, if The Bears start turning the ball over they have the potential to lose to anybody.

I do like the 11 spot; it gives us a lot of flexibility to target several areas of need and then just take the best player available (hopefully it's not another RB , of course that wouldn't really be considered an area of need).

Personally, I think you're right, I think the spot is 10 or 11. It's not likely we end up with the 9th pick, but then again, who would have thought Chicago would be this bad. I knew last offseason they had done almost nothing to improve their aging defense, other than drafting Gibbert in the 3rd.

I have a question, what do you do if Eric Berry falls to us? I know that's about as likely as Suh falling to us, but what would you do? I have fantasized about having Berry, but it would be awfully tempting to trade back in the draft with the depth we have at safety.

I don't know, maybe that's too much of a hypothetical from the fantasy world!
              sigpic
              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post

I have a question, what do you do if Eric Berry falls to us? I know that's about as likely as Suh falling to us, but what would you do?
                If Berry falls either draft him or use the fact he's on the board to rape another team for a ransom of draft picks in a trade. Same goes if a QB like Clausen or Mallett is still on the board. If Suh somehow fell, turn off the phone and draft him immediately.

Comment

If Eric Berry falls to us we cry, laugh, sing, dance, and strip naked running across our neighborhood... All at once.

That's what I think would happen if Eric Berry fell to us.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                    If Eric Berry falls to us we cry, laugh, sing, dance, and strip naked running across our neighborhood... All at once.

That's what I think would happen if Eric Berry fell to us.
                    Tell me where you live so I can stay far, far away..........
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

It would be almost Impossible to pass on Eric Berry if he fell to us at 10!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X