2010 Broncos Mock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Broncos Mock

I will catch flack for this, but it is likely to happen. McD, like Bilichek, likes Urban Meyer's system. He runs the spread offense in Florida.

Our positions of need include:

Interior O-line
    DE
    WR
    QB
    RB

Therefore, here is my 2010 mock for Denver and the reasoning behind it. Again, we all know that McD likes the Urban Meyer system and players from Florida.

1st Round- Tim Tebow QB Florida-- As we know Orton is NOT the long-term answer @ the QB position. Tim Tebow runs the same spread offense we do. He is big and strong and MOBILE, which is needed in this day of football. He has the heart and drive to learn the system and win games. All he does is win.

2nd Round- Maurkice Pouncey OC Florida--Weigmann is old and probably will not be with the team next year. Our interior line is faulty anyways. This guy already is comfortable with the system since he runs it in Florida.

3rd Round- Mike Pouncey OG Florida--Again our O-line is suspect in the middle. He will be great with his brother. The cohesivness is there and the knowledge of the system. Both him and his brother are used to protecting Tebow already.

4th round- Jermaine Cunningham DE Florida--He is looking better than Dunlap is this season. He is getting to the QB fairly often, and making alot of plays. He is small and could be moved to WILB. Him with Doom would be nice with Ayers on the other side.

6th Round- Riley Cooper WR Florida--WR is a need of ours. Eddie Royal is not a #2 receiver, he is a slot reciever. Riley Cooper is another deep threat opposite Marshall. He reminds me of an Ed McCaffrey.

7th Round- Legarrette Blount RB Oregon--So, he had an incedent (punching another player @ Boise State) The dude is an absolute beast at RB. He would be awesome in 3rd and short cituations and goal to go cituations. And in the 7th round if he did slip up it would cost much to cut him.

Please give some constructive and intelligent critisism. Also, if you dont like the draft tell me why and who would be better.
    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

This qualifies more as your fantasy Broncos draft than a prediction of what will actually happen lol. Where/when did McDaniels say he was a big fan of the system Urban Meyer runs?

How the heck is Tim Tebow an upgrade over Kyle Orton? He would be a multi-year project but it's clearly not worth it to pay him 1st round money when Kyle Orton is already a great system QB for us, ready to win games for us NOW. There is absolutely no guarantee Tebow will ever amount to anything in the NFL, sorry.
    sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

lol 5 out of the 6 picks from the same college...

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
        This qualifies more as your fantasy Broncos draft than a prediction of what will actually happen lol. Where/when did McDaniels say he was a big fan of the system Urban Meyer runs?

How the heck is Tim Tebow an upgrade over Kyle Orton? He would be a multi-year project but it's clearly not worth it to pay him 1st round money when Kyle Orton is already a great system QB for us, ready to win games for us NOW. There is absolutely no guarantee Tebow will ever amount to anything in the NFL, sorry.
        Billichek has publiclly said he like Urban Meyer. McD is a pupil od Bill and runs the same offense. Tebow fits this sytem better than Orton because he is mobil and tougher and will be able to break tackles and evade sacks better. He has a better arm as well. Dont be mad that this is actually possible just take it and be happy.
        Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
          Billichek has publiclly said he like Urban Meyer. McD is a pupil od Bill and runs the same offense. Tebow fits this sytem better than Orton because he is mobil and tougher and will be able to break tackles and evade sacks better. He has a better arm as well. Dont be mad that this is actually possible just take it and be happy.
          where do you get that the quarterback has to be mobile.... Tom Brady.. no... Matt Cassel... No... Kyle Orton... No.... None of the quarterbacks are mobile. And you say a quarterback has to be mobile in the nfl these days... Drew Brees.. nope... Peyton Manning.... Not the least bit... Philip Rivers... No... Brett Favre... Nope... Joe Flacco...not at all... the list goes on and on. You don't have to be a mobile quarterback to be good in the NFL. Period.

Now if you want to argue his leadership skills, thats about all you can make a point for. You can't say he has the better arm, he has been criticized about that his entire college career.

Comment

I hope we don't draft Tebow. We already have a good Running Back.

I'd like to see a QB like Jake Locker get drafted. Haven't seen much of him this season since he plays at UW, but everything I've seen of him has impressed me quite a bit.
            sigpic

Comment

If the Broncos draft anyone from Florida in the first round, it will be Haden at CB.
              sigpic

Adopted Posters:
              Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
              Adopted By:
              Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
              Broncbeat

Comment

I like picks 2 and 4. ESPECIALLY 4 actually.

And kind of 3...

Comment

I'm suprised the OP didn't try to get Spikes in his Bronco draft somewhere.

Maybe Urban Meyer as an assistant coach.
                  sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                  Adopted By:
                  Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post

lol and maybe we can make a trade for Harvin too...

Comment

The Denver Gators.

Something doesn't quite match there....

Comment

Originally posted by basbllplaya26 View Post
                        Steve Spurrier as GM.
                        sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                        Adopted By:
                        Broncbeat

Comment

I've seen many homeristic posts on this forum since 2003, however I have got to say this one takes the cake..

Comment

Originally posted by basbllplaya26 View Post

Originally posted by housemouse View Post
                            The Denver Gators.

Something doesn't quite match there....
                            Steve Spurrier as GM.
                            Further proof that Jarvis Moss is underutilized and Gerrard Warren should have never been traded. Marcus Thomas will be starting next year.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

I like the last two picks.

Especially cuz I import NCAA draft classes into madden and cooper was a 1st rounder and is like a 97 in his second year lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X