Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Mock-A-Paloooooza!! (Including Free Agents)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Mock-A-Paloooooza!! (Including Free Agents)

Extensions:

1.) Brandon Marshall- 5 years, $52 million

I was very critical of B-Marsh over the summer after he displayed one of the worst attitudes i have ever seen when it comes to watching football. That's not even mentioning his prior incidents with the law and his very shaddy "McDonald bag injury."

But since the team suspended him leading up to game 1 of the season Brandon has genuinely turned a corner in terms of his maturity and leadership qualities.

Even in a new system with QB that doesn't target him nearly as much as Cutler did, Marshall is on pace for his third consecutive 1,000 yard season in only his 4th year...

2.) Elvis Dumervil- 6 years, $58 million

I admit i was one of the people, along with 90% of everyone else thought Elvis was doomed when we heard about the official switch to the 3-4... But i have never been more wrong, he made the switch look easier than screwing in a light bulb.

It has been unbelievably awesome to watch this cat (who played with his hand on the ground for his entire football career) lead the league in sacks.

At only 25 years old, Elvis looks to dominate and terrorize QB's for the next decade or so... I see multiple DPOY awards for him and finishing in the top 10 list for all time sacks in the NFL by the time his career is over!

3.) Kyle Orton- 3 years, $18 million

While i am not in love with Kyle, he is an above average QB that can get the job done. His winning record speaks for itself and is quietly a very good leader on the field. He also takes very good care of the ball and doesnt put his teams in a position to lose ball games...

I only put 3 years because im not sure McDaniels wants KO as his QB for the foreseeable future. I could defiantly see us drafting a franchise QB and letting him sit behind Orton for a year or two while he learns the game from a solid vet.

Some may roast me for this, but as everyone knows its either going to be Chris Kuper or Tony Scheffler that gets resigned and most would say Kuper. But im going with Tony.

4.) Tony Scheffler- 4 years, $21 million

Scheff is very quietly 3rd on our team in receiving, and is IMO our most underrated weapon...

A team leader who never complains or acts out. Tony gives us a weapon that helps spread the field tremendously and allows B-Marsh to get open on his short routes.

Not to mention he literally feasts on the Chargers!

Free Agency:

With all the re-signings our overall spending in free agency is going to be very slim.

1.) Jason Avant/ WR- Eagles: 4 years, $10 million

26 years old

A VERY underrated slot receiver in the NFL, Avant has hands like glue and is as clutch on third down as anyone i have ever seen. He is on pace for about 700 yards this season

2.) Johnny Jolly/ DE- Packers: 4 years: $14 million

26 years old

At 6'3 and 325 lbs Jolly is playing for the first time in a 3-4 and is having a career year... He has made the transition to 3-4 end look almost as easy as Dumervil made the switch to OLB and is going to be a stud for a long time.

And fortunately for us the Packers have even more key FA's to sign than we do so Jolly is likely on the outs.

2010 NFL Draft!

*Chicago finishes 6-10 giving Denver the 10th overall pick in the draft.

Round 1- pick #10 The Denver Broncos select Rolando McClain (LB, Alabama)

-One of the best defensive prospects to come out in quite some time McClain is an aboltute freak athletically and provides the type of passion and leadership you see from guys like Dawkins, Lewis and Lynch.

He is literally the heart and soul of the #1 defense of the country and would give us one of the best LB cores in thhe entire NFL...

DJ Willams and Rolando McClain in the middle=

Round 2- The Denver Broncos select Kris O'dowd (C/G, USC)

With letting Chris Kuper walk and Wiegmann getting older the Broncos decide to take the very versatile and powerful C/G out of USC...

Round 3- The Denver Broncos select Perrish Cox (CB/PR/KR) *Ultimate Sleeper*

- I debated taking him in round 2 but i think we could nab him in the 3rd... This guy is absolutly unbelievable, he leads the entire nation in passes defended with 19 and is a freak when it comes to returning kicks and punts.

Steal of the draft!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggY8z6o2_ZA
    Last edited by d-bronx42; 12-01-2009, 01:57 PM.

Interesting take.

I will make a few comments.

1) I do disagree on the Scheffler re-signing. If it comes down to Tony or Kuper, I think we'll go with Kuper. I very much doubt that McD will go into next year replacing the entire interior of our O-line. We need some continuity. Hamilton is obviously done. Wiegmann might retire. I think keeping Kuper is a lock.

2) Perrish Cox is probably a 2nd Round lock. His return skills seal the deal, on top of his solid CB skills. The problem with Cox and the Broncos is that he's had character issues and off-the-field issues. We all know McD will not draft that type of player. I think Cox is completely off the Broncos board.

3) O'Dowd needs to stay in school. He is a finesse blocker that gets man-handled by D-linemen. Since we are supposably transitioning into a power scheme, he doesn't fit our team. He's very versatile, I do agree, but powerful? That's comical. The OC's you are likely looking for are JD Walton of Baylor and Matt Tennant of BC.

Comment

Like MUG... I think Sheffler is on the outs as well. I think that the money we would have used on Sheffler is going to be used to resign Kuper or maybe chase after Logan Mankins.

Love the McClain pick as well, but isn't Cox a little big for what McD looks at for corner at 6'1? I wouldn't mind a bigger corner, in fact I wish we had one, but I thought he liked them around 5'10 to 5'11?

Comment

You think we let Kuper and Champ walk?

That would make me

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
          You think we let Kuper and Champ walk?

That would make me
          I never said anything about Champ. He isnt a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post
            I never said anything about Champ. He isnt a free agent.
            I thought I remember reading several times he was a free agent

Comment

I have to disagree with the Packers letting Jolly get away. I thought that he might get to teast free agency, but with the way he has been playing, he will probably be the #1 priority for the Packers.

If the Packers let anyone go, they will let Ryan Pickett walk because they drafted B.J. Raji to play his position.
              sigpic

Adopted Posters:
              Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
              Adopted By:
              Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
              Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                I thought I remember reading several times he was a free agent
                i believe he's under contract til 2011

Comment

Originally posted by basbllplaya26 View Post
                  i believe he's under contract til 2011
                  Well that's good to hear. I thought this was a contract year. I wonder where I heard that.

Comment

1st let me say that Chris Kuper is a STUD - sure he has been banged up this year but he is a STUD!!!!!

2nd I like that we resign Marshall / Scheffler / Orton / Dumervil - totally agree with that.

3rd Johnny Jolly isn't going to come that cheap!!! He will bring HUGE MONEY

4th Jason Avant will also not come that CHEAP!!!! 4 years $10 million?????

5th I love Rolando McClain but I think that Andra Davis is still playing at a high enough level and was just signed for a couple of years!!!! But I wouldn't complain with McClain.

Comment

In my opinion I think resigning Doom, Marshall and Kuper are all locks. It will be between KO or Scheff. I think that McD has drafted his future QB in brandstater so If Orton does get resigned its more a year or 2. Im hoping since Richard Seymour is in the last year of his contract that were able to lure him away from the Raiders. McBean - Baker - Seymour. I love the McClain pick that would shore up our LB core for years imagine Ayers - McClain - Williams - Doom and I agree with the Perrish Cox pick tho he will go in the second and it will give us a nice big CB to mold under Champ till hes done playing (hopefully not for a while). JD walton in the third can step in right away to replace wiegmann whose most likely gone after this year. Clady - Olsen - Walton - Kuper - Harris thats one hell of an O-line.

Comment

Contract Information for Champ Bailey

3/3/2004: Signed a seven-year, $63 million contract.
                        The deal contains $23 million guaranteed, including an $18 million signing bonus.
                        2009: $6.5 million (+ $2 million roster bonus due 3/3),
                        2010: $9.5 million,
                        2011: Free Agent.
                        Cap charge: $13.669 million (2009).

Comment

Originally posted by broncofansd View Post
                          1st let me say that Chris Kuper is a STUD - sure he has been banged up this year but he is a STUD!!!!!

2nd I like that we resign Marshall / Scheffler / Orton / Dumervil - totally agree with that.

3rd Johnny Jolly isn't going to come that cheap!!! He will bring HUGE MONEY

4th Jason Avant will also not come that CHEAP!!!! 4 years $10 million?????

5th I love Rolando McClain but I think that Andra Davis is still playing at a high enough level and was just signed for a couple of years!!!! But I wouldn't complain with McClain.
                          Both Jason Avant and Johnny Jolly are under the radar FA's that wont require huge contracts... Your acting like they both are pro bowlers.

Comment

Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post
                            Both Jason Avant and Johnny Jolly are under the radar FA's that wont require huge contracts... Your acting like they both are pro bowlers.
                            agreed... avant has had what, 2 big games for the eagles?

Comment

Where are we getting this massive man crush on Jolly? He hasn't played THAT well.

Comment

Working...
                              X