X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Draft CJ Spiller Thread

Watch this before commenting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wf0kC-w9lU&NR=1

CJ Spiller combined with Knowshon Moreno would be the most dynamic backfield in the NFL Period!!!

Why you ask....

CJ Spiller
    -speed
    -agility
    -good vision
    -good pass catcher
    -dynamic special teams player (we desperately need!!)

Knowshon Moreno
    -phenomenal vision
    -great toughness
    -consistency
    -patience
    -quickness

Both backs possess valuable qualities and can do similiar things. The benefit of this would be...we could run any play with either back. We wouldn't have to sub in Spiller for a screen, but we could. Moreno is just as capable. We also won't need to only use Moreno to run out the clock, spiller is tough enough as well.

We would only need solid QB play and I think we could trade down to get Spiller. This would save us the money needed to sign Marshall, Doom and Orton. We would run the ball 30-40 times a game and teams would have to respect that with two legitimate RB's and Marshall, Royal, and Scheffler would get more room to make plays and thus Orton would perform better too.
    Founder of www.NFLDraftBoard.com

no thanks.

:salute!:

Comment

This guy might become a beast, the next Chris Johnson maybe? Time will tell but he sure looks like a homerun threat. I know there are teams like the Panthers who invested two 1st round picks on their main RBs but it's unlikely that we will draft another RB in the 1st round.
      sigpic

Comment

No Thanks!!! I doubt we even draft a RB period.

Comment

Spiller's a really solid prospect.

Comment

We are not the Raiders... There is 0% chance that CJ Spiller will be a Bronco.

Besides, he has never even had a 1,000 yard season in college. What makes you think he is going to be amazing in the NFL?

Comment

Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post
              We are not the Raiders... There is 0% chance that CJ Spiller will be a Bronco.

Besides, he has never even had a 1,000 yard season in college. What makes you think he is going to be amazing in the NFL?
              He' only 88 yards short of rushing for 1,000 this year and he still has GT to face. His total combined yardage (rush, rec, KR/PR) this season is 1,562 yards and 16 TDs.

For his career he's totaled 3,247 yards rushing w/27 TDs, 1,357 yards receiving w/11 TDs, and 2,511 return yards (KR&PR) w/8 TDs.

That's 7,115 career total yards with 48 TDs (he's also passed for 2 TDs, 50 total).

That's pretty impressive. But what makes those stats even more impressive is up until this year, his Sr. year, he was splitting touches with James Davis. He's probably got as good a chance to be 'amazing' in the NFL as any other player in this upcoming draft.

Comment

Official No We Have Bigger Needs Response

-No

Comment

Originally posted by GridironGuru View Post
                  He' only 88 yards short of rushing for 1,000 this year and he still has GT to face. His total combined yardage (rush, rec, KR/PR) this season is 1,562 yards and 16 TDs.

For his career he's totaled 3,247 yards rushing w/27 TDs, 1,357 yards receiving w/11 TDs, and 2,511 return yards (KR&PR) w/8 TDs.

That's 7,115 career total yards with 48 TDs (he's also passed for 2 TDs, 50 total).

That's pretty impressive. But what makes those stats even more impressive is up until this year, his Sr. year, he was splitting touches with James Davis. He's probably got as good a chance to be 'amazing' in the NFL as any other player in this upcoming draft.
                  Your argument for sharing carries with James Davis is irrelevant... Felix Jones shared carries with McFadden at Arkansas and yet put up way better rushing stats on a year to year basis than Spiller.

CJ Spiller still could barely produce a 1,000 yard season as the primary back in Clemson. Not impressive.

Comment

Your argument for sharing carries with James Davis is irrelevant... Felix Jones shared carries with McFadden at Arkansas and yet put up way better rushing stats on a year to year basis than Spiller.

CJ Spiller still could barely produce a 1,000 yard season as the primary back in Clemson. Not impressive.
                    Not arguing, just stating.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofansd View Post
                      I doubt the Jordan will be here next year. Hillis looks as though he is not going to be here as well. Buckhalter is getting older and cannot be counted on being healthy all year. Yeah were gonna draft a running back it just depends on the round.

Spiller to me is a second round grab. maybe late first. i dont think he will be a very good primary back but could very well be a situational guy.
                      The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                      While he sits by his hearth at home.
                      Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                      That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Spillers problem is that he is not a complete back. He is limited and Defenses in colleges knew this. but as a rotational guy. sure why not. he also should gain a few lbs to about 205 210 and work on his toughness inside.
                        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                        While he sits by his hearth at home.
                        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Spiller is great. I really like the guy and think he will be a solid RB. But right now I think that we should focus on getting our O-Line situation better and let Knowshon do work.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncofansd View Post
                            I dunno about that, this offense could be pretty deadly if you throw in a homerun threat at RB. Still I think we have greater needs and I would be surprised if we took one before the 4th round.

Comment

Working...
                            X