Holt Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holt Released

Hey Bronco Nation, if Holt remains active and comes at an inexpensive price tag, would you think he'd be a good fit in Denver?
    I like the guy and he has lots of experience and great hands.

If not, where do you think he'll land?

If we lose Marshall I think he'd be a good fit to bring a rookie along. If Marshall stays though I don't really see where he fits in. Jabar Gaffney already plays the role Holt would play.

Comment

I personally feel like we have receivers that don't get utilized enough as it is, bringing in another would be silly unless we trade Marshall.
      sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

He has a lot of experience but his best days are behind him. I don't think he'd be an adequate replacement should we lose B-Marsh, and if we keep him then adding Holt is of little benefit. But the dude can still catch so why don't the Bears take a flier on him?
        sigpic
        - ★ -
        2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

This is always what comes to mind when I think of Holt

He sure does have some unique hands!

Comment

Not unless we trade Marshall. We dont need him, our WR's are fine the way they are. Marshall, Gaffney, Royal, Stokley, McKinley. We need to upgrade our OL/DL's first.

Comment

I would love to have Torry Holt......if it were 8-10 years ago. How much can he possibly have left in him?
              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

He barely made a contribution on a team that has been WR-deficient for years, and was promptly cut in the offseason...that should tell you how much Torry Holt has left in the tank.
                sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
                  He barely made a contribution on a team that has been WR-deficient for years, and was promptly cut in the offseason...that should tell you how much Torry Holt has left in the tank.
                  I disagree with you on that. Holt had 51 rec for 722 yds, which in my opinion, for an 11th year Vet, that is pretty good numbers. The Jags want to continue to develop their younger recievers and they felt that if Holt was still on the team, it will slow down the younger recievers growth process. The Jags signed Holt to a 3yr 21mill contract, with no signing bonus but his salary for that year was guaranteed. At this point in Holts career, he would be a very good slot reciever. He has lost a step, but he is a good route runner, which allows him to get open.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                    I disagree with you on that. Holt had 51 rec for 722 yds, which in my opinion, for an 11th year Vet, that is pretty good numbers. The Jags want to continue to develop their younger recievers and they felt that if Holt was still on the team, it will slow down the younger recievers growth process. The Jags signed Holt to a 3yr 21mill contract, with no signing bonus but his salary for that year was guaranteed. At this point in Holts career, he would be a very good slot reciever. He has lost a step, but he is a good route runner, which allows him to get open.
                    Totally agree. He got some good numbers in a pretty bad passing game.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
                      Like others have said, this statement is pretty wrong... Holt did a very decent job for the Jags in an offense that revolves solely on the running game.

That said, i love what Jabar brings us and i am very comfortable as him being our #2 receiver. But i have no doubt Holt can go somewhere like Tampa Bay and still be a big contributor...

Comment

things are ugly when we start talking about bringing in the "dusty's"

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                          Totally agree. He got some good numbers in a pretty bad passing game.
                          He did have a "pro bowl" QB throwing to him................
                          sigpic

Comment

Garrard is a decent QB.....

Holt may have a few miles left in the tank, but he is clearly not a #1 anymore. I think he would be best suited in our offense as a #4.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

As a loyal St. Louis fan, I say get his butt over here!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X