No announcement yet.

Another Brian Dawkins type signing?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Brian Dawkins type signing?

Last year when we signed Brian Dawkins it proved to be one of the best free agents signings of the offseason. He really helped turn around our defense and also managed to change the attitude of the team and fans.

This offseason could we make another impact type signing that brings the veteran prescence and energy? If we have the money I would really like to look at Kevin Mawae. The guy is a leader on and off the field and I believe he could really be the foundation of turning around our offensive line in 2010. He could have an impact on the offense similar to what Brian Dawkins did on defense last season.

What are your thoughts? Who is your impact signing in 2010?
    Last edited by igoe4broncos; 02-20-2010, 07:29 AM.
    sigpic
    D.J. Williams - My 2011 adopted Bronco

TE Alge Crumpler

or

FB Tony Richardson

Though they probably will remain with their current teams.

(Yes, I want mean blockers to knock people down)
    sigpic

Comment

Mine would be LB Karlos Dansby, it is doubtful, but I would love it.

Mawae is 39 yrs. old, who even knows if he can get through another full season? I would much rather put all of the focus of the draft on getting Maurkice Pouncey. I say we go ahead and make our 1st round pick and trade whatever necessary to move up high enough in the 2nd to snag Pouncey.

Comment

Defense would be Karlos Dansby or Dwan Edwards.
        -Both fill a need for an upgrade, both are good leaders, proven commodities, and young. Do I think we are going to land either of them? Not necessarily, but either one would be more than a welcomed add.

Offense would be Kevin Mawae.
        -Veteran who still gets it done despite being old as dirt, and fills a huge need. He would allow us to address Center later with a guy we can mold, and we won't notice him hardly as much as we did Weigs this year.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97
          Mine would be LB Karlos Dansby, it is doubtful, but I would love it.

Mawae is 39 yrs. old, who even knows if he can get through another full season? I would much rather put all of the focus of the draft on getting Maurkice Pouncey. I say we go ahead and make our 1st round pick and trade whatever necessary to move up high enough in the 2nd to snag Pouncey.
          In regards to Pouncey. I could totally see it. I actually could see us sign Mawae, and go after Pouncey to use him as a Guard for his rookie year. He could come in and immediately contribute, and it would allow him to get use to the checks of the OL for when he eventually has to make the calls at the line.
          sigpic

Comment

If Maurkice Pouncey is clearly the top OC in this draft, with ability to play OG, isn't he a potential 1st round pick for teams like the Vikings or Colts?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver
              If Maurkice Pouncey is clearly the top OC in this draft, with ability to play OG, isn't he a potential 1st round pick for teams like the Vikings or Colts?
              Certainly. He will probably go anwhere from 25-32 to be honest. Saints make sense as well. He's not going to get out of the first round in my opinion.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snarfalicious
                Defense would be Karlos Dansby or Dwan Edwards.
                -Both fill a need for an upgrade, both are good leaders, proven commodities, and young. Do I think we are going to land either of them? Not necessarily, but either one would be more than a welcomed add.

Offense would be Kevin Mawae.
                -Veteran who still gets it done despite being old as dirt, and fills a huge need. He would allow us to address Center later with a guy we can mold, and we won't notice him hardly as much as we did Weigs this year.
                This ^^^.. I dont think we'll go for Dansby with Davis playing well last year, but i would like Dwan Edwards. I think we'll get Jarvis Green for the DE spot. We need to address the center spot, Wiegs was bad, i'd welcome Mawae.

Comment

I am all in the Mawae boat... He is a proven player who we can sign for 2 years and he can mold Pouncey to be the best OC in the league. That is hoping we move up to get Pouncey or trade down in the first. Either way i hope we snag Mawae and draft Pouncey.

On the defensive side of the ball, i want Julius Peppers. I know he will be expensive, but imagine him opposite Dumervil. We could even move Ayers to DE. IMO this would fix alot of problems with our front 7.
                  Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan
                    I am all in the Mawae boat... He is a proven player who we can sign for 2 years and he can mold Pouncey to be the best OC in the league. That is hoping we move up to get Pouncey or trade down in the first. Either way i hope we snag Mawae and draft Pouncey.

On the defensive side of the ball, i want Julius Peppers. I know he will be expensive, but imagine him opposite Dumervil. We could even move Ayers to DE. IMO this would fix alot of problems with our front 7.
                    I really see no way we bring in peppers, we drafted robert ayers for a OLB spot last year and there is no way he would be able to put on and keep on 30 extra pounds to play at 300 for DE, if we did sign peppers he could be a 34 DE but has already stated he wants to play OLB

Comment

Originally posted by Dpaparelli
                      I really see no way we bring in peppers, we drafted robert ayers for a OLB spot last year and there is no way he would be able to put on and keep on 30 extra pounds to play at 300 for DE, if we did sign peppers he could be a 34 DE but has already stated he wants to play OLB
                      Agree, why does everyone want Peppers when we have our two OLB's, Ayers and Dumervil. He's going to want a Albert Haynesworth type contract and he's more of a 4-3 DE, no thanks. 3-4 DE who i'd like is Marques Douglas, Jarvis Green, Dwan Edwards, Cory Redding. We need to add at least one, if not two 3-4 DE's and a center.

Comment

I agree with the Mawae part he can be a lot of help to a young player like Pouncey and that is if we even get him. As for peppers hes gonna want to break the bank and OLB isnt want we really need. He might have a great skill set, but hes just something we dont need.
                        sigpic

Team Tebow #267

Comment

this in my opinion would be a great waste of money it would be like the colts signing tom brady with peyton manning still as their qb. I believe with the money he would be demanding we could sign two defensive line STARTERS and maybe even one offensive line guy. no thanks I wanna spread the wealth.
                          I should actually say it would be more like the steelers or ravens signing brady (it would be an upgrade but not a good signing) because it would not much enough of an impact imho

Comment

I think Joey Porter could bring that intensity if we signed him.He blasted us in the AFC chanpaionship game.He brings the spirit and a winning attitude ala Ray Lewis,Ed Reed.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy
                              I think Joey Porter could bring that intensity if we signed him.He blasted us in the AFC chanpaionship game.He brings the spirit and a winning attitude ala Ray Lewis,Ed Reed.
                              and he would have a close to the same impact as peppers but come much much cheaper!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎