Broncos to work out Toby Gerhart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos to work out Toby Gerhart

A day after the Denver Broncos traded fullback Peyton Hillis and draft picks to the Cleveland Browns for quarterback Brady Quinn, Scout.com has learned that the Broncos will conduct a private workout with Stanford running back Toby Gerhart in his hometown of Norco, California on Wednesday, March 24th.

In addition to his workout with the Broncos, Scout.com has also learned that Gerhart will work out for the New York Jets on Tuesday, March 30th.

The 6-foot, 231-pound Gerhart stormed onto the scene this past season after he had 343 carries for 1,871 yards and 27 touchdowns. Often compared to former Tampa Bay Buccaneers fullback Mike Alstott, the winner of the 2009 Doak Walker Award, Gerhart surprised scouts at the NFL Scouting Combine with his athleticism and straight line speed; he ran a 4.55 in the 40 and recorded a 38-inch vertical in Indianapolis.
    Gerhart could come off the board as early as the mid-second round, and the worst-case scenario will have him falling into the third round. Going back to the Gerhart-Alstott comparison, Alstott was the 35th overall pick in 1996; Gerhart could end up going to the Broncos with the 45th overall selection this year.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=1...=4203219&fhn=1

He'd be a pretty cool addition. Maybe if he falls to our 3rd round pick.

Comment

i wouldnt be upset with him at 45 but i would much rather have change of pace back use our second on a wr or ol

Comment

Sweet, this is near my house.... I'll check it out on Wednesday.
        WELCOME TO DENVER TIM

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
          He'd be a pretty cool addition. Maybe if he falls to our 3rd round pick.
          I wouldnt, i would rather have Anthony Dixon in the 4th round.

Comment

I would be exstatic if we drafted him! I really like this guy, he is just what we need to switch it up with Moreno. One helleva backfield we'd have with Moreno, Buck, Gerhart.....

(crosses fingers and begins praying to the football gods)

Comment

I'll be more than happy with this pick.
              sigpic

Comment

one of my favorite college players so i would not mind the broncos drafting him at all.
                sigpic
                "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

i would hate to get him, i hate his running style !!
                  Team Tebow Member #14

Comment

Originally posted by Dots27 View Post
                    running over people???? unbelievable balance for someone of his size????? great vision??? What exactly do you "hate"?
                    :thumb: God is Good! All the Time!
                    All the Time! God is Good!
                    :thumb:

URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by MHS View Post
                      one of my favorite college players so i would not mind the broncos drafting him at all.
                      Agreed :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by Dots27 View Post
                        I didnt know anyone could hate the style of plowing dudes over. I like that hard running he brings, hes a good runner but dont see much use for him, McD didnt show intrest in Hills who is basically the same thing as him.
                        sigpic

Team Tebow #267

Comment

Originally posted by KSUBronco View Post
                          running over people???? unbelievable balance for someone of his size????? great vision??? What exactly do you "hate"?
                          Just come out and say it...

He's White.

Beware of the next "Great White Hope"

Comment

The guy is a beast, but I think he is too similar to Hillis. I don't know how McDaniels would use him when he just had Hillis riding the pine. If he got Gerhart involved in the mix though we could have an extremely potent backfield.

Comment

He should have won Heisman...

Comment

Working...
                              X