Broncos should take look at WR Freddie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayP View Post
    Every GM looks for steals every year. The fact that he wasn't at the combine, didn't WOW at the SR bowl, and hasn't worked out for anyone leads me to believe that he's gonna be around. There are a lot of WR in the draft that are getting a lot of attention in the mid to late rounds and I haven't heard Barnes name mentioned.
    I understand your logic, and it makes sense. I'm just stating my opinion, and just because he hasn't been worked out doesn't mean that he has been forgotten. Teams draft players all the time that they didn't have any contact with. I just believe what he brings to a team, he can go as high as the 5th rd. Would it surprise me if he went in the 7th? No. But he has very good hands, and he is a good route runner, and i can see a team like the Cardinals, Patriot, or the Bengals, draft him in the 5th.
    Last edited by JayJack; 03-21-2010, 03:25 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

We're on the same page, I'm just hoping he falls to the 7th. Would I be upset if we picked him in the 5th? Not at all. I do like his potential for our team more so than probably any other WR in the draft. Most of the WR are short and quick slot type receivers like Royal. Other than Dez, but I don't want another BMarsh situation and I think that's a team will get with Bryant.
      sigpic
      1st: R. McClain-ILB
      2nd: V. Ducasse-G
      2nd: T. Cody-NT
      3rd: C. Mitchell-WR
      4th: D. LeFevour-QB
      5th: J.D. Walton-C/G
      6th: F. Barnes-WR

Undrafted FA
      Alphonso Smith-RB/KR (Kentucky)
      Trindon Holliday-KR/PR (LSU)
      Micah Johnson-ILB (Kentucky)

Comment

Originally posted by JayP View Post
        We're on the same page, I'm just hoping he falls to the 7th. Would I be upset if we picked him in the 5th? Not at all. I do like his potential for our team more so than probably any other WR in the draft. Most of the WR are short and quick slot type receivers like Royal. Other than Dez, but I don't want another BMarsh situation and I think that's a team will get with Bryant.
        We don't have a fifth, but would Barnes be worth trading Scheffler cheap to get him?

Comment

Elite WR or bust, for me...

Comment

I really like him. His speed and level of competition puts him in the lower rounds but he knows how to get open and he doesnt drop the ball. I think he is a late round steal.
            Adopt-A-Bronco 2011. Kevin Vickerson

Comment

Nothing more than an NFL slot WR or 3rd down guy. Mid 4.6 speed, yes he runs good routes and has good hands but can he get open on NFL CB's? I am not sure he can. Yes he finds ways to get open on college CB's but I don't think he will be that great in the NFL.

I would take him in the 7th round or sign him as a UDFA, but I wouldn't use a pick on him any higher then that as he has such limited potential because he just isn't that good of athlete.

Comment

Working...
              X