There is nothing wrong with Moreno's speed, he'll have a GREAT year 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is nothing wrong with Moreno's speed, he'll have a GREAT year 2

I think Moreno will turn into a really good back, I can't wait to see Moreno and Ayers this year with a years experience.

I have seen a knock on Morenos speed by a few ppl but he looked plenty quick enough in college and at times last year.

Here are a list of 40 times to compare Moreno's with -

Frank Gore - 4.66
    Knowshon Moreno - 4.55
    Beanie Wells - 4.59
    Shonn Greene - 4.62
    Cedric Benson - 4.60
    Larry Johnson - 4.62
    Walter Payton - 4.5

He'll shine if we can get him some bodies up front. Hes all about gettin those tuff yards. And all are tuff. Just gotta get him some help.

On edit can Ayers possibly move inside and stand next to Dr. Doom? Would be a freakin nightmare from the blind side of whos commin.
    Last edited by dieselpower; 03-18-2010, 07:06 PM.
    YAAAA!!! YOU TRIED BABY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselpower View Post
      He'll shine if we can get him some bodies up front. Hes all about gettin those tuff yards. Just gotta get him some help.
      This

Moreno had no help up front, but if we can fix the interior of our line he'll do better. Both him and Buckhalter did well on outside runs so they should be fine.
      sigpic
      Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Originally posted by dieselpower View Post
        He'll shine if we can get him some bodies up front. Hes all about gettin those tuff yards. And all are tuff. Just gotta get him some help.

On edit can Ayers possibly move inside and stand next to Dr. Doom? Would be a freakin nightmare from the blind side of whos commin.
        Yeah, Hamilton and Wiegmann got abused.

I think some ppl also forget that he's only 22 years old!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
          I think Moreno will turn into a really good back, I can't wait to see Moreno and Ayers this year with a years experience.

I have seen a knock on Morenos speed by a few ppl but he looked plenty quick enough in college and at times last year.

Here are a list of 40 times to compare Moreno's with -

Frank Gore - 4.66
          Knowshon Moreno - 4.55
          Beanie Wells - 4.59
          Shonn Greene - 4.62
          Cedric Benson - 4.60
          Larry Johnson - 4.62
          Walter Payton - 4.5

I agree with everything here but the thing is 40's time dont mean anything. Yes KM has some speed but he doesnt have that amazing break away speed that people are amazed with. We knew that when we drafted him, but hes a hard worker and a strong runner not much more you can ask for.
          sigpic

Team Tebow #267

Comment

Its not his speed that worries me, it was his inability to get YAC. It seemed like he couldnt fight for extra yards.

I'm going to chalk that one up to being a rookie and spending the previous offseason preparing for the combine and scouts, not football.

Hopefully this offseason, he hits the weights, gets tougher, and shows what he can do. There's no question he can be a great back. I think with a full offseason under his belt, he'll come back strong this year.
            A book I wrote

Comment

I think Moreno will do very well in the power scheme this year. We still need to get him some help though. Obviously center is a huge need, if anyone seriously thinks Dustin Fry is the answer must be in some alternate reality.

So if we get a guy like JD Walton, and a back to compliment Knowshon I think our ground game will be the strength of our offense.

Comment

Im also not worried about 40 time. Game speed is alot different. Not that hes gonna be break'in off 60 70 yrders all over the place but not many are. He will get some big runs and he will grind some teams to dust if we can shore up the line of scrimmage.

Comment

Originally posted by CTM View Post
                  Its not his speed that worries me, it was his inability to get YAC. It seemed like he couldnt fight for extra yards.

I'm going to chalk that one up to being a rookie and spending the previous offseason preparing for the combine and scouts, not football.

Hopefully this offseason, he hits the weights, gets tougher, and shows what he can do. There's no question he can be a great back. I think with a full offseason under his belt, he'll come back strong this year.
                  What are you talking about.

Hopefully you're not implying he goes down easy, because if you watched any games at all you'd see 9 out of 10 runs he was breaking tackles in the backfield and dragging people because the interior OL couldn't block my grandmother.

He'd change nearly every run from a 5 yard loss to a 2+ yard gain.

Also, he had 23 reps at the combine, so its not like he's weak, and I don't mean for any of this to sound mean or condescending at all.

As for the OP, GREAT POST, should be in GD though for more viewers

Comment

ok so i know this is my first post on here, but i have been wondering something for a while. why is Mcdaniels switching to a PBS scheme when Moreno isn't a power back? Beanie Wells on the other hand is? i just don't get it. Moreno is good and has talent but won't succeed as well as a true power back would. He also needs to learn to stop tripping on his feet!

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                      What are you talking about.

Hopefully you're not implying he goes down easy, because if you watched any games at all you'd see 9 out of 10 runs he was breaking tackles in the backfield and dragging people because the interior OL couldn't block my grandmother.

He'd change nearly every run from a 5 yard loss to a 2+ yard gain.

Also, he had 23 reps at the combine, so its not like he's weak, and I don't mean for any of this to sound mean or condescending at all.

As for the OP, GREAT POST, should be in GD though for more viewers
                      Aside from the Giants game, yes I felt like he went down too easily.

And having 23 reps of bench press doesnt mean a whole lot. Thats kind of the point I was making. He was training for specific drills that would improve his draft status, not necessarily on stuff that will mkae him a better player. The stuff he, and the rest of our rookies, will have the luxury of working on this offseason without having to worry about 40 times.
                      A book I wrote

Comment

I always thought he made stuff outta nothing which in turn led to some fumbles. Saw him falling forward gettin his freakin face smashed because of...... some.... real piss pore blocking up front. I think the dude is a stud.

Ya hes got a few things to correct but who doesnt. ya get what ya can with what you have.

Comment

Moreno ran hard for most of the season but there is no doubting that when Buckhalter got hurt and Moreno had to take more carries he wore down and he wore down fast and got a lot weaker game to game.

ok so i know this is my first post on here, but i have been wondering something for a while. why is Mcdaniels switching to a PBS scheme when Moreno isn't a power back? Beanie Wells on the other hand is? i just don't get it. Moreno is good and has talent but won't succeed as well as a true power back would. He also needs to learn to stop tripping on his feet!
                          He's trying to get a stronger o-line specifically on the interior. Any RB can run behind a PBS not just a power back.

Comment

It's not about 40 time. It's about explosiveness, agility, vision. Moreno doesn't really excel in any of those areas. He's a serviceable player, and he will put up solid numbers as a #1 option, but he's not the game-changer you are looking for when you draft a RB in the 1st round.

Comment

Originally posted by BRINGBAKPLUMMER View Post
                              but he's not the game-changer you are looking for when you draft a RB in the 1st round.
                              yes he is .

Comment

Working...
                              X