There is nothing wrong with Moreno's speed, he'll have a GREAT year 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
    He has played ONE YEAR! If you watched him in college...which I'm severly doubting you did...he was a stud. He is a great blocker, great pass catcher, and he fights for every yard. He is an all around back that got lost in an OLine that was switching schemes in the middle of the year due to lack of 1 yard pickup because our Interior line got manhandled. When Knowshon gets hit, he is usually the first one to pop up. He loves the game and will be a great back.
    I know everyone loves to question his speed and break tackle ability, but he has to momentum to break tackles. He was getting hit a yard or at the line of scrimage. He did trip up alot this year, but he is a rookie and doesn't have a comfort zone yet. I really question alot of peoples football IQ when they write off players after one freaking year. If there is one thing I would say is Knowshon's best attribute, it's his heart. The kid wants it. Just wait till next year.
    Oh I see so college exploits factor into your opinion. well then lets pick up Jason White, he was awesome in college. We could sign Carlos Rogers, and Mike Williams to play WR.... Those guys were great in college...... Problem is that the Broncos play in the NFL, it is a completly different league

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    You can't judge a player after one season, and even if you could this is off. You're only talking about the last few games because that's fresh in your mind, about midway in the season he found a good stride and was running very good, then he wore down as did the o-line and he struggled and that's what you're judging him off of.

And he had 1100 YFS last season as a rookie who splits time, and he had over 600 yards after contact.
    Why cant you judge his speed after one season? I saw his first carry in his first practice and I said "WHy isnt he going full speed?" that was the feeling of nearly everyone around me.... It doesnt talk long to see if there is a player that just isnt fast..... But if you are still in denial.... Show me his run where he breaks away and seperates and out runs the D for a 30+ run. Thing is that it doesnt exist..... Yet every other high drafted rb in the last 10 years has had highlight reel runs where the seperate and oiutrun a defender to the house. #27 just doesnt have that speed, or talent
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

This is crazy and very amusing to read. Lets go over this one more time...

Sure Moreno didn't run for 1,500 yards with 10-15 td's<<<Does that make him this RB that isn't very good some of you are talking about? NO!

He was very young and came out early as a very raw talent.
      He had a training camp hold out
      He had a pre season injury
      (which I believe he was never truly recovered from and dealt with all season long)
      He had an Oline which was built for a zone blocking scheme trying to power block.
      (His starting LG weighed in at 290lbs, his C weighed in at 285, and his bookend RT was injured almost all season)
      He had a new very complex playbook (even by NFL standards)
      HE WAS A ROOKIE!!!

And with all of that against him he still led all other rookie RB's in yards with 947 only 53 shy of a 1k yard season. He was tied for 1st with Wells with 7 rushing TD's. He also added over 200 receiving yards with 2 more TD's through the air.

So here is what I'm wondering if according to some of you (you know who you are) he isn't a good RB. If that is in fact the case with those stats are all other RB's from that draft busts as well? Is it really fair to judge a rookie after 1 season? NO!

And lets just say he had an extra 60 yards on the ground and broke the 1k mark. Would you feel more confident? because as fans we have become stat OBSESSED! and if our players don't hit those exciting marks people just can't look past it. Its sad. But I do believe if people looked him up and found a stat that said 1,007 rushing yards you would be genuinely happy and less worried.

He is a very good RB and just needs time to adjust and gel in the NFL.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
        Oh I see so college exploits factor into your opinion. well then lets pick up Jason White, he was awesome in college. We could sign Carlos Rogers, and Mike Williams to play WR.... Those guys were great in college...... Problem is that the Broncos play in the NFL, it is a completly different league

Why cant you judge his speed after one season? I saw his first carry in his first practice and I said "WHy isnt he going full speed?" that was the feeling of nearly everyone around me.... It doesnt talk long to see if there is a player that just isnt fast..... But if you are still in denial.... Show me his run where he breaks away and seperates and out runs the D for a 30+ run. Thing is that it doesnt exist..... Yet every other high drafted rb in the last 10 years has had highlight reel runs where the seperate and oiutrun a defender to the house. #27 just doesnt have that speed, or talent
        You win Japfaff. You definitely know what you are talking about.
        New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
          I have seen so many fans desperate to convince others that there is nothing wrong with Moreno's speed that I'm starting to think that there is definetely something wrong with his speed.
          He doesn't need speed. He isn't Chris Johnson. He is super-elusive. The more-likely to get you positive yardage type of guy. More like LT, he's no slower, even in LTs younger days.

I like Moreno, and I'm right behind him. I thought he had a good rookie year, yeah, ROOKIE!
          Denver Broncos Fan from UK

Comment

It would be alright if you were just judging his speed, but you aren't, you're judging his talent based off of his speed which as we all know speed doesn't make you a great back. A RB can have average speed which is what Moreno has and still rush for 1500+ yards.

Comment

Bunch of fools, if ya ask me...

Look at the following highlights. From an NFL season, mind you. I'll even break it down for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92owAaBGf_A

:08-:014--- Straightline speed, short yardage quickness, Yards after contact

:20-:27--- Yards after contact

:29-:34--- Straightline speed

:52-:57--- Straightline speed and vision

1:08-1:11--- Yards after contact in short yardage situation

1:32-1:40---- Vision

1:51-2:00---- Speed in the open field

2:47-2:53--- Yards after contact, after being hit behind the line

3:40-3:45--- Yards after contact, straightline speed, adjustment

Notice in every clip how he falls forward every single time? You can't teach that.

Listen, the fella is still young, and we all know he has a long way to go. We know he isn't Chris Johnson nor AP because that is not his game.

But we can't just pull random definitions and judgments outta the bag when the gametape shows he does exactly what he's supposed to...
              Last edited by DishWater; 03-21-2010, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DishWater View Post
                Bunch of fools, if ya ask me...

Look at the following highlights. From an NFL season, mind you. I'll even break it down for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92owAaBGf_A

:08-:014--- Straightline speed, short yardage quickness, Yards after contact

:20-:27--- Yards after contact

:29-:34--- Straightline speed

:52-:57--- Striaghtline speed and vision

1:08-1:11--- Yards after contact in short yardage situation

1:32-1:40---- Vision

1:51-2:00---- Speed in the open field

2:47-2:53--- Yards after contact, after being hit behind the line

3:40-3:45--- Yards after contact, straightline speed, adjustment

Notice in every clip how he falls forward every single time? You can't teach that.

Listen, the fella is still young, and we all know he has a long way to go. We know he isn't Chris Johnson nor AP because that is not his game.

We can't just pull random definitions and judgments outta the bag when the gametape shows he does exactly what he's supposed to...
                No Dishwater. Japfaff is right. Moreno doesn't run a 4.3 so he is not good at all. He is a bust. We should just move on and draft the fastest RB in the draft because that is the only way to gauge a runningback on being successful in the NFL.
                New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                  No Dishwater. Japfaff is right. Moreno doesn't run a 4.3 so he is not good at all. He is a bust. We should just move on and draft the fastest RB in the draft because that is the only way to gauge a runningback on being successful in the NFL.
                  Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                  It would be alright if you were just judging his speed, but you aren't, you're judging his talent based off of his speed which as we all know speed doesn't make you a great back. A RB can have average speed which is what Moreno has and still rush for 1500+ yards.
                  No I am not saying that he isnt good because he lacks top end speed. I am saying that he isnt good cause he really just lacks the talent. The guy does nothing well. What he offers on the field is what you get and expect from a mid round pick. He isnt first round talent. I would be ok with what he did if we took him anywhere on day 2. But we didn't and you just never spend a first round pick on a RB that cant hit the home run. Nearly 300 carries and he never hit the big run. Even Mike Anderson would turn one around from time to time.
                  Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

No I am not saying that he isnt good because he lacks top end speed. I am saying that he isnt good cause he really just lacks the talent. The guy does nothing well. What he offers on the field is what you get and expect from a mid round pick. He isnt first round talent. I would be ok with what he did if we took him anywhere on day 2. But we didn't and you just never spend a first round pick on a RB that cant hit the home run. Nearly 300 carries and he never hit the big run. Even Mike Anderson would turn one around from time to time.
                    Agreed 100%. Moreno is a nice, solid player. But when you draft a guy at #12, that won't cut it. At that position in the draft you are looking for a star, a game changer. Moreno just doesn't have the raw ability to be that type of player. Every year you can find guys of similar ability in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Comment

I am saying that he isnt good cause he really just lacks the talent. The guy does nothing well. What he offers on the field is what you get and expect from a mid round pick. He isnt first round talent.
                      You can't be serious, right?

Not to get on your case, I respect your opinion, but man open your eyes a little bit...

In the post above i just showed the things he does well, the things you say he doesn't do well. It's called example/assertion. On the other hand, you make these statements and base them off of nothing else but your own belief.

I can respect that, but at least attempt to show people why you think the things you do. Don't just make random assessments because the kid didn't have 20 td's or run below a 4.5.

Comment

[QUOTE=japfaff;3199298]Oh I see so college exploits factor into your opinion.

What are you talking about?, Here is a quote from you " McClain is a 3 down NFL ready LB". And you point fingers when someone does it, WHAT A HYPOCRITE!!!.
                        HE>i

Comment

Originally posted by DishWater View Post
                          You can't be serious, right?
                          Not to get on your case, I respect your opinion, but man open your eyes a little bit...
                          In the post above i just showed the things he does well, the things you say he doesn't do well. It's called example/assertion. On the other hand, you make these statements and base them off of nothing else but your own belief.
                          I can respect that, but at least attempt to show people why you think the things you do. Don't just make random assessments because the kid didn't have 20 td's or run below a 4.5.
                          Japfaff and Respect, Hahaha. I can't respect someone who belittle's our Bronco players, Continuously.
                          Last edited by Broncoboy6; 03-21-2010, 06:34 PM.
                          HE>i

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoboy6 View Post
                            What are you talking about?, Here is a quote from you " McClain is a 3 down NFL ready LB". And you point fingers when someone does it, WHAT A HYPOCRITE!!!.
                            Don't try and argue with jap

He is all knowing when it comes to college to NFL success.

But seriously, good post bb6 :thumb:

Comment

he will be much better this years. He has some experience and knows what he needs to do.

Seems some expected him to have a probowl year as a rookie and just because he didnt they are down on him.

He has stuff to work on just like all the young players in the nfl do.

The smart thing would be to get another rb in the first 4 rounds to take some carries. RB's have a very short shelf life in the nfl and spreading it between to players will prolong morenos and the other backs careers.

Along with getting a younger backup rb the interior line needs to improve Drastically. We have no one to start at C which is a pretty important position on the team. LG is a question mark with olsen but i have high hopes for him. Kuper did solid but needs to improve but its good to know the team values him.

All in all if we can improve the interior line then moreno will light it up.
                              sigpic
                              "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                                Don't try and argue with jap

He is all knowing when it comes to college to NFL success.

But seriously, good post bb6 :thumb:
                                Well I was closer to the mark on #27 than you were..... So I guess that I hit close to the mark from time to time? Look 27 is what he is... An avg back, hell I might even say that he might one day be above avg. But you do not use a 1st round pick on a avg player. It is just stupid. McD tried all year to make him a bell cow back, and #27 fail over and over. He had some solid games, no doubt about it, and I was always the first to say that he played well. But when a back that gets nearly 300 touches never has one play that just makes your jaw drop.... That isn't a good.

Todays NFL isn't built for avg RB's 4 yards and a cloud of dust that I grew up with is long gone. Rb's have to be dynamic...#27 isn't. Simple as that. For all of you that need proof... Fine

247 att 947 yards 3.8 YPC 7 TD $ fumb 2 20+rushes 0 40+ rushes long of 36

Selvin Young (UDFA)
                                140 att 729 yards 5.2 avg 1TD 8 20+rushes 2 40+rushes Long of 50 yards

No no one in their right mind would call Selvin an explosive back..... But you see the difference that a lil speed can do.... Selvin could get to and turn the corner so D's had to respect that.... #27 cant so D's are able to just stack the middle cause if we went outside he wasn't going to gain much

Comment

Working...
                                X