No announcement yet.

There is nothing wrong with Moreno's speed, he'll have a GREAT year 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is one thing that Moreno does good, hes good at hittin a hole and then trippin over his own feet! he is also good at going down after little to no contact! Looking back at the draft, i'd of rather taken shonne green or beanie wells over him. atleast they have size and as for greene has shown that he can be a game changer. and as for the guy who was sayin he doesnt have talent? he does have talent but not first round talent... seems to me we drafted another player like that last year....

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
      LT was damn fast back in the day, and yes TD and Emmit were not fast against the clock... But the game speed was what separated them. They played fast. How often did we see TD rushing down the sidelines? Nearly every game. How often did we see #27? You talk about his agility, quickness, burst, and balance... Well when is he going to show any of those. This guy makes no one miss, sure he might run through an arm tackle or 2, But this guy only makes it to the 2nd lvl when he has a huge hole. When he gets to the second level he never gets through that. And when are all these traits that you so greatly point out that #27 has in spades going to help him make something more than a 2 yard gain when there is nothing is there?
      Look I know a lot of you guys love him cause he was a first round pick. I think that it would have been great if he was on SD cause you all would be laughing them for drafting this kid. But he is what he is.... He is a avg back with below avg speed and no play making ability..... This doesn't concern you?
      You are living in fantasy land dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92owAaBGf_A

:09 makes a guy miss. made it to the second level. huge hole?
      :23 makes a guy miss
      :25 makes a guy miss
      :56 ran down the sidelines
      1:36 makes a guy miss
      2:08 makes a guy miss
      2:17 makes a guy miss
      2:19 makes a guy miss
      2:20 makes a guy miss
      2:49 made it to the 2nd level. huge hole?
      3:32 makes 2 guys miss
      3:42 makes a guy miss
      3:43 makes a guy miss

The only thing you said about Moreno that's even partially accurate is that once he got to the 2nd level, he didn't outrun a bunch of guys. But since we all know he's not a speed back, we can put that to rest. He will have his moments where he gets an angle on a defense or takes advantage of an 8 man front, but not every back can outrun two deep safeties.
      "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

I can't wait to bump this thread in 2-3 years.

THE KID HAS PLAYED FOR ONE YEAR PEOPLE!!!
        New England Patriots GM

Comment

Well I was closer to the mark on #27 than you were..... So I guess that I hit close to the mark from time to time? Look 27 is what he is... An avg back, hell I might even say that he might one day be above avg. But you do not use a 1st round pick on a avg player. It is just stupid. McD tried all year to make him a bell cow back, and #27 fail over and over. He had some solid games, no doubt about it, and I was always the first to say that he played well. But when a back that gets nearly 300 touches never has one play that just makes your jaw drop.... That isn't a good.

Todays NFL isn't built for avg RB's 4 yards and a cloud of dust that I grew up with is long gone. Rb's have to be dynamic...#27 isn't. Simple as that. For all of you that need proof... Fine

247 att 947 yards 3.8 YPC 7 TD $ fumb 2 20+rushes 0 40+ rushes long of 36

Selvin Young (UDFA)
          140 att 729 yards 5.2 avg 1TD 8 20+rushes 2 40+rushes Long of 50 yards

No no one in their right mind would call Selvin an explosive back..... But you see the difference that a lil speed can do.... Selvin could get to and turn the corner so D's had to respect that.... #27 cant so D's are able to just stack the middle cause if we went outside he wasn't going to gain much
          Once again, you're comparing Young who was in a ZBS to Moreno who is in a PBS, there is no comparison. You're not looking at the fact that Moreno was a rookie, he played behind a horrible O-Line, he has been injured since TC, he went the whole year with a knee and ankle injury, haven't gotten use to the Mile high air, have to get ajusted to the speed of the game, and fighting of defenders as soon as the ball is snapped. You can compare his stats to who ever you want, and i bet you, they didn't have to worry about 8 and 9 in the box, because they didn't hav a vertical threat. Last but certainly not least, how many times Moreno had big gains and it was called back due to a penalty? Those penalties alone stop Moreno from having 100yd games and going for over 1,000 yards in his Rookie season.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax View Post
            You are living in fantasy land dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92owAaBGf_A

:09 makes a guy miss. made it to the second level. huge hole?
            :23 makes a guy miss
            :25 makes a guy miss
            :56 ran down the sidelines
            1:36 makes a guy miss
            2:08 makes a guy miss
            2:17 makes a guy miss
            2:19 makes a guy miss
            2:20 makes a guy miss
            2:49 made it to the 2nd level. huge hole?
            3:32 makes 2 guys miss
            3:42 makes a guy miss
            3:43 makes a guy miss

The only thing you said about Moreno that's even partially accurate is that once he got to the 2nd level, he didn't outrun a bunch of guys. But since we all know he's not a speed back, we can put that to rest. He will have his moments where he gets an angle on a defense or takes advantage of an 8 man front, but not every back can outrun two deep safeties.
            Wow...A highlight real....So of all his carries in 09 you came up with 15 times that he ran through arm tackles.... Yeah wow Hall of fame there. Do me a favor. Make a highlight reel of Jarvis Moss. Fact is that anyone looks good on highlight films cause you take the rushes that youlike. You can easily make one of all his 3 yard or lass runs...Cept that thing would be really long.
            Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by canadianfan15 View Post
              There is one thing that Moreno does good, hes good at hittin a hole and then trippin over his own feet! he is also good at going down after little to no contact! Looking back at the draft, i'd of rather taken shonne green or beanie wells over him. atleast they have size and as for greene has shown that he can be a game changer. and as for the guy who was sayin he doesnt have talent? he does have talent but not first round talent... seems to me we drafted another player like that last year....
              Shonne Green was running behind a O-Line that has been together in the same system for years, same with Beanie Wells, so once again, there is no comparison.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                I can't wait to bump this thread in 2-3 years.

THE KID HAS PLAYED FOR ONE YEAR PEOPLE!!!
                Nope, he should run for 2000 yds and 30 td's avging 7 ypc as a ROOKIE.. Our OL went to crap as soon as Harris went down. I ignored japfaff, no use, says same crap over and over.

Comment

Lets play a game. I'm going to post some stats for RB's during their rookie year...you tell me who they are. Match them up with their actual rookie seasons. Your choices are Knowshon Moreno, Ricky Williams, Emmitt Smith, Ladainian Tomlinson, Walter Payton and Jim Brown.

Att Yds Avg Lng TD

241 937 3.9 48T 11

196 679 3.5 54T 7

253 884 3.5 25 2

202 942 4.7 -- 9

247 947 3.8 36 7

339 1,236 3.6 54 10

Alright. Who is who?
                  Last edited by Gbt31; 03-21-2010, 09:01 PM.
                  New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                    Once again, you're comparing Young who was in a ZBS to Moreno who is in a PBS, there is no comparison. You're not looking at the fact that Moreno was a rookie, he played behind a horrible O-Line, he has been injured since TC, he went the whole year with a knee and ankle injury, haven't gotten use to the Mile high air, have to get adjusted to the speed of the game, and fighting of defenders as soon as the ball is snapped. You can compare his stats to who ever you want, and i bet you, they didn't have to worry about 8 and 9 in the box, because they didn't have a vertical threat. Last but certainly not least, how many times Moreno had big gains and it was called back due to a penalty? Those penalties alone stop Moreno from having 100yd games and going for over 1,000 yards in his Rookie season.
                    I agree that he defiantly got a few nice runs called back. Most notably the Giant game. But I don't remember any of those that it was not a hold. And on most of those carries it was the hold that sprung him. Besides all backs get runs called back cause lets face it....It is a lot easier to run when you are allowed to hold. You are also right that #27 had to deal with all those things. But so did Selvin. But what does zone vs PBS have to do with anything. Selvin got into the second lvl as much as #27 (once you get into the second lvl you are on your own for the most part regardless of your running scheme) but when selvin got there he would break into the open field. #27 needs to be able to reach the corner. It is that simple. If he doesn't the D's are going to be able to stack up the inside. If he had the speed to get outside he would spread them out a bit. Maybe you are right maybe he was hurt all year and that was why he was so slow. But if that is the case ...Then it scares me that out 21 year old RB is such a slow healer. What is going to happen when he really get nicked??
                    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

I agree that he defiantly got a few nice runs called back. Most notably the Giant game. But I don't remember any of those that it was not a hold. And on most of those carries it was the hold that sprung him. Besides all backs get runs called back cause lets face it....It is a lot easier to run when you are allowed to hold. You are also right that #27 had to deal with all those things. But so did Selvin. But what does zone vs PBS have to do with anything. Selvin got into the second lvl as much as #27 (once you get into the second lvl you are on your own for the most part regardless of your running scheme) but when selvin got there he would break into the open field. #27 needs to be able to reach the corner. It is that simple. If he doesn't the D's are going to be able to stack up the inside. If he had the speed to get outside he would spread them out a bit. Maybe you are right maybe he was hurt all year and that was why he was so slow. But if that is the case ...Then it scares me that out 21 year old RB is such a slow healer. What is going to happen when he really get nicked??
                      ZBS parts the red sea, you can drive a bus threw those holes, PBS doesn't provide that. Then you're comparing a speed back to a power back, once again, there is no comparison. I don't think he is a slow healer. How can you really heal when you're the primary back? You can't. All you can do is fight through the injury. Now Moreno does have some things that he needs to work on, nobody is saying that he's a perfect back, but the way y'all bash for no logical reason, is crazy.
                      sigpic

Comment

Lets play a game. I'm going to post some stats for RB's during their rookie year...you tell me who they are. Match them up with their actual rookie seasons. Your choices are Knowshon Moreno, Ricky Williams, Emmitt Smith, Ladainian Tomlinson, Walter Payton and Jim Brown.

Att Yds Avg Lng TD

241 937 3.9 48T 11

196 679 3.5 54T 7

253 884 3.5 25 2

202 942 4.7 -- 9

247 947 3.8 36 7

339 1,236 3.6 54 10

Alright. Who is who?
                        I'll add one..

Att Yds Avg Lng TD

121 501 4.1 31 1
                        Last edited by ERoyal248; 03-21-2010, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Att Yds Avg Lng TD

241 937 3.9 48T 11

196 679 3.5 54T 7

253 884 3.5 25 2

202 942 4.7 -- 9

247 947 3.8 36 7

339 1,236 3.6 54 10

Alright. Who is who?
                          241 937 3.9 48T 11- LT

196 679 3.5 54T 7- Emmit

253 884 3.5 25 2- Ricky

202 942 4.7 -- 9- Payton

247 947 3.8 36 7- Moreno

339 1,236 3.6 54 10- Jim Brown

Comment

The biggest knock against Moreno is his lack of runs of over 20 yards (or like 15)

For the 12th overall pick he doesn't seem to have the ability to take one to the house.

Comment

Att Yds Avg Lng TD

241 937 3.9 48T 11

196 679 3.5 54T 7

253 884 3.5 25 2

202 942 4.7 -- 9

247 947 3.8 36 7

339 1,236 3.6 54 10

Alright. Who is who?

Att Yds Avg Lng TD

241 937 3.9 48T 11 Emmitt Smith

196 679 3.5 54T 7 Walter Payton

253 884 3.5 25 2 Ricky Williams

202 942 4.7 -- 9 Jim Brown

247 947 3.8 36 7 Knowshon Moreno

339 1,236 3.6 54 10 Ladainian Tomlinson
                              New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Van Flyheight View Post
                                The biggest knock against Moreno is his lack of runs of over 20 yards (or like 15)

For the 12th overall pick he doesn't seem to have the ability to take one to the house.
                                He was plenty fast enough to run all over the SEC, the fastest and most athletic conference in collegiate football.

He didn't run a good 40 because he's not a track guy, he's a football player. He played through injuries from day one last year, starting with an MCL that never really got 100% the rest of the season. If he can avoid injuries he'll tear it up in 2010 behind a line better suited to his and the offensive scheme's skills.

Comment

Working...
                                X