There is nothing wrong with Moreno's speed, he'll have a GREAT year 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dream View Post
    A lot of the fans here were not used to seeing a back taken so early, granted Shannahan never used a first-round pick on one ever.
    I think this is what throws people off. You look at what shanahan gave us with his late round picks. Then you look at first rounders C. Johnson and A. Peterson. It's pretty much no wonder why everyone expected Moreno to come in and have a 10.0 YPC.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
      He was plenty fast enough to run all over the SEC, the fastest and most athletic conference in collegiate football
      Thats a horrible point and you know it. Nobody gives a **** about what anyone does against a bunch of college scrubs.

Knowshon played very well in college, but he didn't exactly "tear it up" either. In fact, many SEC fans nicknamed him "Slowshon" and "NoShow" Moreno.

Comment

Originally posted by Van Flyheight View Post
        Thats a horrible point and you know it. Nobody gives a **** about what anyone does against a bunch of college scrubs.

Knowshon played very well in college, but he didn't exactly "tear it up"
        Yo, you don't have to come off so aggressive. I see this is your 9th post, and i'm not sure how often you checked the board out before joining, but there are certain people on this board that uses the SEC as a measuring stick for talent. I don't believe he meant it how you took it, but since we have people on these boards that have a huge crush on the SEC, then that's where his comment came from. Some of the SEC lovers, hate Moreno, so it was a good point, in which he did run all over the SEC.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
          Yo, you don't have to come off so aggressive. I see this is your 9th post, and i'm not sure how often you checked the board out before joining, but there are certain people on this board that uses the SEC as a measuring stick for talent. I don't believe he meant it how you took it, but since we have people on these boards that have a huge crush on the SEC, then that's where his comment came from. Some of the SEC lovers, hate Moreno, so it was a good point, in which he did run all over the SEC.
          I'm not 100% sure on this, but if he stays at Georgia for his junior year wouldnt he of broke Herchel's record of all time rushing yds. Moreno was a stud at Georgia, i loved watching him.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
            I'm not 100% sure on this, but if he stays at Georgia for his junior year wouldnt he of broke Herchel's record of all time rushing yds. Moreno was a stud at Georgia, i loved watching him.
            Yes sir, he was a beast at GA.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
              Yes sir, he was a beast at GA.
              I thought so.. :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                Wow...A highlight real....So of all his carries in 09 you came up with 15 times that he ran through arm tackles.... Yeah wow Hall of fame there. Do me a favor. Make a highlight reel of Jarvis Moss. Fact is that anyone looks good on highlight films cause you take the rushes that youlike. You can easily make one of all his 3 yard or lass runs...Cept that thing would be really long.
                Did you, or did you not say the following:

he never makes someone miss.
                So how is it that someone made a reel that includes a bunch of instances of him doing exactly that? Either he does it or he doesn't. He does. It doesn't make him a Hall of Famer. It makes you wrong.

Point is, you're being dishonest. He absolutely makes guys miss. If I made a highlight reel of Moss sacking guys throughout his career, it would be a 30 second video. So don't pretend it's the highlight reel that makes him look elusive. If what you said was true, it would be hard or nigh impossible to find instances of Knowshon shaking guys and making them grab air.

It's like the stupid comments about Orton having a "noodle arm" and not being able to throw deep. Then when you bring up the Redskins game, he just doesn't do it enough. Now you almost never hear "noodle arm" comments about Orton. He's "not talented" or "is immobile" or he "has reached his ceiling". People who hate on a guy will always look for something, no matter how ludicrous.

Just quit making blanket statements that are obviously false, and you won't have to defend them.
                Last edited by Lomax; 03-22-2010, 12:16 AM.
                "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

I think what Japfaff meant was that he doesn't posses the moves that one would expect out of a 12th overall pick to make others miss

which I agree with

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax View Post
                    It's like the stupid comments about Orton having a "noodle arm" and not being able to throw deep.
                    Any NFL scout would tell you the same thing. Orton's down field play making ability is severely limited.

Comment

Any NFL scout would tell you the same thing. Orton's down field play making ability is severely limited.
                      Where are all these scouts that say this?

Orton’s scouting report from Scouts Inc., the service ESPN uses, says the following: “He has a strong arm and can make all the throws.”

Pro Football Weekly says, “Can zip the ball with velocity, make back-shoulder throws and shows good overall accuracy when his feet are set and he steps into his throws.”
                      http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...s-the-evidence
                      Last edited by Lomax; 03-22-2010, 12:49 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Common misconception made by the average fan. Arm "strength" is almost never the issue when dealing with NFL QB's, its accuracy which is usually dependent on a QB's footwork.

Comment

Common misconception made by the average fan. Arm "strength" is almost never the issue when dealing with NFL QB's, its accuracy which is usually dependent on a QB's footwork.
                          You just said that NFL scouts would agree that Orton can't throw deep. Now you're saying the issue isn't his arm strength, but rather his footwork? Can you provide a scouting report that says this? Or are you a pro scout?

If there is an issue with Orton's footwork, that can be corrected. Yet almost unanimously, the people who complain about Orton say that he lacks talent, not technique.
                          Last edited by Lomax; 03-22-2010, 02:34 AM.

sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty sure Van Flyheight and Japfaff went to the same school of thought.
                            New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax View Post
                              You just said that NFL scouts would agree that Orton can't throw deep. Now you're saying the issue isn't his arm strength, but rather his footwork? Can you provide a scouting report that says this? Or are you a pro scout?

If there is an issue with Orton's footwork, that can be corrected. Yet almost unanimously, the people who complain about Orton say that he lacks talent, not technique.
                              He does lack talent. A large part of his struggles come from his inability to locate receivers down the field and accurately/consistently hit them down range.

Lou Pasquerelli on Orton:
                              Played in a quarterback-friendly offense, often works out from the shotgun, and lacks top-shelf arm strength. Has an elongated throwing motion, and throws sidearm way too often, so his basic mechanics will need to be restructured. Footwork is awkward and, when forced to work from under center, is clearly uncomfortable. Too impatient in the pocket and will yank the ball down, try to ad-lib, especially when his top option isn't available to him. Watch him on tape and he looks too programmed. Benched at one point in 2004, after slumping badly, following a 5-0 start. Seemed to lose confidence.
                              Last edited by Van Flyheight; 03-22-2010, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                                I'm pretty sure Van Flyheight and Japfaff went to the same school of thought.
                                The school where you objectively evaluate players without the orange colored glasses?

Comment

Working...
                                X