X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lomax
    replied
    Originally posted by Van Flyheight View Post
    I just edited in a scouting report that confirms everything I said.

Also, Lomax never posted a scouting report...he posted a bleacherreport.com article which vaguely referenced a Scout.com article which was not given
    Actually, the scouting report you posted only said that Orton lacked "Top Shelf" arm strength. It doesn't say that he's a "noodle arm".

How many QBs in the league have "Top Shelf" arm strength? The very definition of "Top Shelf" suggests that it's very few.

That's like someone pulling out an article that says that Moreno lacks "Elite" speed to support their argument that he's slower than average.
    Last edited by Lomax; 03-22-2010, 04:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• canadianfan15
    replied
    Originally posted by JayJack View Post
    ZBS parts the red sea, you can drive a bus threw those holes, PBS doesn't provide that. Then you're comparing a speed back to a power back, once again, there is no comparison. I don't think he is a slow healer. How can you really heal when you're the primary back? You can't. All you can do is fight through the injury. Now Moreno does have some things that he needs to work on, nobody is saying that he's a perfect back, but the way y'all bash for no logical reason, is crazy.
    moreno is NOT a power back! beanie wells is a power back, shonne greene is a powerback, toby gerhart is a powerback!!! moreno is 5 foot 11(i think) and i've seen him listed under 210 pounds.

Leave a comment:

• Pratama
    replied

Also, Lomax never posted a scouting report...he posted a bleacherreport.com article which vaguely referenced a Scout.com article which was not given
    See, that's much better. I just like seeing constructive back and forth on this stuff because the boards and the rest of us benefit. Thank you for the update.

Leave a comment:

• Van Flyheight
    replied

Last edited by Van Flyheight; 03-22-2010, 10:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Pratama
    replied
    Inconsistent as in Orton's performance?
    There ya go, that is a true statement. And I would think most posters on here agree with the fact that he is a bit inconsistent. But was really referring to the fact that you are jumping around and not backing up your statements with any sort of facts or reports. Everytime something is presented to refute your statement you move to another argument -- Noodle Arm? (Scouting reports refute that), so you move to Footwork, etc, etc.

For example, you mention scouting reports that point to weaknesses in Orton's game but Lomax produces scouting reports that contradict your points (not his opinions, but scouting reports). When stuff like this happens it just makes you appear as a hater, without any substantive argument other than "I just dont like him".

Leave a comment:

• Van Flyheight
    replied
    Originally posted by Pratama View Post
    Ouch Lomax. Take it easy - point out facts and inconsistencies in the poster's posts on a regular basis is just painful to watch. Awkward. . . What the heck are you trying to do anyway bringing common sense to these boards. . . shame on you!
    Inconsistent as in Orton's performance?

Leave a comment:

• Pratama
    replied
    Originally posted by Lomax View Post
    You just said that NFL scouts would agree that Orton can't throw deep. Now you're saying the issue isn't his arm strength, but rather his footwork? Can you provide a scouting report that says this? Or are you a pro scout?

If there is an issue with Orton's footwork, that can be corrected. Yet almost unanimously, the people who complain about Orton say that he lacks talent, not technique.
    Ouch Lomax. Take it easy - point out facts and inconsistencies in the poster's posts on a regular basis is just painful to watch. Awkward. . . What the heck are you trying to do anyway bringing common sense to these boards. . . shame on you!

Leave a comment:

• Van Flyheight
    replied
    Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Van Flyheight and Japfaff went to the same school of thought.
    The school where you objectively evaluate players without the orange colored glasses?

Leave a comment:

• Van Flyheight
    replied
    You just said that NFL scouts would agree that Orton can't throw deep. Now you're saying the issue isn't his arm strength, but rather his footwork? Can you provide a scouting report that says this? Or are you a pro scout?

If there is an issue with Orton's footwork, that can be corrected. Yet almost unanimously, the people who complain about Orton say that he lacks talent, not technique.
    He does lack talent. A large part of his struggles come from his inability to locate receivers down the field and accurately/consistently hit them down range.

Lou Pasquerelli on Orton:
    Played in a quarterback-friendly offense, often works out from the shotgun, and lacks top-shelf arm strength. Has an elongated throwing motion, and throws sidearm way too often, so his basic mechanics will need to be restructured. Footwork is awkward and, when forced to work from under center, is clearly uncomfortable. Too impatient in the pocket and will yank the ball down, try to ad-lib, especially when his top option isn't available to him. Watch him on tape and he looks too programmed. Benched at one point in 2004, after slumping badly, following a 5-0 start. Seemed to lose confidence.
    Last edited by Van Flyheight; 03-22-2010, 10:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gbt31
    replied
    I'm pretty sure Van Flyheight and Japfaff went to the same school of thought.

Leave a comment:

• Lomax
    replied
    Common misconception made by the average fan. Arm "strength" is almost never the issue when dealing with NFL QB's, its accuracy which is usually dependent on a QB's footwork.

Last edited by Lomax; 03-22-2010, 02:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Van Flyheight
    replied
    Common misconception made by the average fan. Arm "strength" is almost never the issue when dealing with NFL QB's, its accuracy which is usually dependent on a QB's footwork.

Leave a comment:

• Lomax
    replied
    Any NFL scout would tell you the same thing. Orton's down field play making ability is severely limited.
    Where are all these scouts that say this?

Orton’s scouting report from Scouts Inc., the service ESPN uses, says the following: “He has a strong arm and can make all the throws.”

Pro Football Weekly says, “Can zip the ball with velocity, make back-shoulder throws and shows good overall accuracy when his feet are set and he steps into his throws.”
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...s-the-evidence
    Last edited by Lomax; 03-22-2010, 12:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Van Flyheight
    replied
    It's like the stupid comments about Orton having a "noodle arm" and not being able to throw deep.
    Any NFL scout would tell you the same thing. Orton's down field play making ability is severely limited.

Leave a comment:

• Van Flyheight
    replied
    I think what Japfaff meant was that he doesn't posses the moves that one would expect out of a 12th overall pick to make others miss

which I agree with

Leave a comment:

Working...
X