McClain and Spikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McClain and Spikes

Denver should get Rolando Mcclain and Brandon Spikes for that MLB! I no you all will yell that RAW RAW about spiikes running that 5.01 and he wont be able to play passin downs but spikes is a baller and play maker, Florida even used him as a pass rusher and he wasnt that bad at it. sense we let Davis go I would say lets go and get both of these players and u can move them around with DJ and dont for get DJ played OLB so he would do just fine if he did both.

some offensive tackles are faster than spikes. im not one to focus too much on raw numbers, but he would likely be the slowest LB in the NFL
    sig pic removed by mod staff.
    we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

If Spikes is still on the board in the 3rd round - hell yeah, grab him up. 1st & 2nd rounds - draft someone lower risk.

Comment

Spikes is a beast when it comes to stopping the run. He hits like a freight train and nobody can deny that. Think Atwater - speed + weight and you get the idea. Hes a momentum changer and thats what you want. As far as the passing downs..I think Spikes can play zone defense but I think he would struggle for a bit on man to man coverage. Surely he can improve his speed though.
        sigpic

I still keep to my 5-11 record. I dont have faith in McDaniels as a coach. Call me a hater or a Shanahan lover..whatever. I watched our team loaded with talent play a weaker opponent and lose. I've seen us replace a proven offensive genius (Shanahan) with a coach that took all the credit for Tom Brady's talent and watched our offense slowly turn into something you'd expect out of Detroit.

Taken from http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...=172513&page=4

Comment

Why would we need to draft two ILB especially when spikes is like a two down guy not even, while McClain will be able to go every down.
          sigpic

Team Tebow #267

Comment

No.

Comment

No to both. I would take McClain if he was available with our second pick(that isn't happening) and Spikes with our 3rd(possible but still unlikely). I think we have more pressing needs. TED LB's can be found later. We need T/G's, G/C's, WR, HB or possible a DE/DT more than we need a MLB in the first and second.
              New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by tsiguy96 View Post
                some offensive tackles are faster than spikes. im not one to focus too much on raw numbers, but he would likely be the slowest LB in the NFL
                Yeah he ran a bad 40 ok all that 40 stuff is dumb cause i no so many and my self who will run a bad 40 sometimes but has GAME SPEED when are u gonna see a dude out there running a straight line for 40 yards with no pads?

check out these times and look what teams he is playing. like FSU,LSU AND ALABAMA who all has speed....1:21 pretty dammm good pass rush against an all-american tackle and and yeah thats ya boy knowshawn who he smacked!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFqTXa89nGA

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyBronco24 View Post
                  Why would we need to draft two ILB especially when spikes is like a two down guy not even, while McClain will be able to go every down.
                  what makes u say spikes is a 2 down ILB?!?!?!?!?! oh u been watching nfl network huh and now sense they say he is a 2down backer now u gotta say it huh? ok he ran a 5.01 40time lol but he also played in the SEC and we all no how much speed is in that confrence! good ol taylor mays from USC runs a 4.2 40time and now he jumps back up the the 1st round cause of it? lol but spikes had 87 tackles 2 sacks and 4 INTS witch he ran 2 back for TD's amd dont for get he's a LB that's 6'3 255lb ha yall crazy

Comment

I'd be okay with Spikes if he fell to the 3rd but I wouldn't really want to spend our 1st on McClain.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                      I'd be okay with Spikes if he fell to the 3rd but I wouldn't really want to spend our 1st on McClain.
                      lol please tell me what you would wanna spend our 1st on then?!?!?! Our Oline is good our RB's pretty good, WR's good, TE's good, just beefed our Dline up so why wouldnt u take a Lb?

Comment

Originally posted by velly4 View Post
                        lol please tell me what you would wanna spend our 1st on then?!?!?! Our Oline is good our RB's pretty good, WR's good, TE's good, just beefed our Dline up so why wouldnt u take a Lb?
                        A QB with an arm, accuracy, and mobility that can lead the team on and off the field. Okay..so I dont think any of the QBs in the draft are worth a 1st round pick but I'd take McClain or Berry.
                        sigpic

I still keep to my 5-11 record. I dont have faith in McDaniels as a coach. Call me a hater or a Shanahan lover..whatever. I watched our team loaded with talent play a weaker opponent and lose. I've seen us replace a proven offensive genius (Shanahan) with a coach that took all the credit for Tom Brady's talent and watched our offense slowly turn into something you'd expect out of Detroit.

Taken from http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...=172513&page=4

Comment

Originally posted by velly4 View Post
                          Our OLine is good....I think you need to work on your assessment of the team.
                          New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by 1987Broncos View Post
                            A QB with an arm, accuracy, and mobility that can lead the team on and off the field.
                            Ok im one of very few who thinks quinn will do good with us cause of the line and wepons we have for him and what QB would we get in the 1st round?!

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                              Our OLine is good....I think you need to work on your assessment of the team.
                              so your sayin our online is not good?

Comment

Working...
                              X