J.D. Walton or Matt Tennant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ramanboy33 View Post
    I don't know much about him, but I read recently that Mitch Petrus worked out at center during his pro day. Would he be a possible fit in our O-line?

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...5836&ft=170101

"Arkansas OG Mitch Petrus posted 5.25 and 5.28 forty times during his pro day workout Thursday.

Petrus ran a 5.32 at the combine before pulling a hamstring, so this was just a slight improvement. He also did a workout at center for three offensive line coaches Thursday, looking to increasing his versatility."

I think so, plus he's a former Fullback. Lots of versatility. Probably reminds McD of a young Hochstein. He's probably a 4th Round guy, I could see us looking at him over Eric Olsen or other similar players. I don't know much about his character though, haven't researched it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
      I think so, plus he's a former Fullback. Lots of versatility. Probably reminds McD of a young Hochstein. He's probably a 4th Round guy, I could see us looking at him over Eric Olsen or other similar players. I don't know much about his character though, haven't researched it yet.
      missed 2008 season when NCAA ruled him academically ineligible. That's all i could find

Comment

Originally posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
        Not many teams will be looking for a center in second round, Walton will still be there with a high 3rd round pick.

I dunno. The Chiefs, Pats, Jags, Steelers, Vikings, Falcons, Cardinals, Giants, Redskins, and possibly the Colts all need a young stud at OC.

I'm not convinced Walton or Tennant make it out of the 2nd. I'd argue it's highly unlikely neither will fall to our 3rd Round pick, I'd place the odds at 5%.

Comment

Ill admit Pouncey may be hard for us to get. Ill be a bit radical here even though there is Olsen Walton and Tennant who are ranked higher then him. Jeff Byers is a good C. He has improved tremendously and had an amazing season. I am not saying draft him in the 4th but I am just saying dont rule him out
          2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

the last center we drafted from boston college? tom nalen

Comment

Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
              the last center we drafted from boston college? tom nalen
              Nice come back but I think what makes Pouncey the elite C he is not only because he was dominant but because he can play nearly anywhere on the line Eric Olsen is the next best C to fit that description and he is well aware of the ND offense that McD's mentor came from. Walton is probably the 2nd most dominant player in the draft. Byers had the best results to be honest I dont see the upside to Tennant besides the fact he had 40 consecutive starts and was Matt Ryans center

Comment

If it works out that one of these guys is drafted in round 2 and becomes the starting C and Olsen becomes the starting LG that would mean that one starting OL had come from each of the past 5 drafts with each coming from a different round. Not earth shattering but kinda cool.
                \

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                  Nice come back but I think what makes Pouncey the elite C he is not only because he was dominant but because he can play nearly anywhere on the line Eric Olsen is the next best C to fit that description and he is well aware of the ND offense that McD's mentor came from. Walton is probably the 2nd most dominant player in the draft. Byers had the best results to be honest I dont see the upside to Tennant besides the fact he had 40 consecutive starts and was Matt Ryans center
                  pouncey= poor pass protection tecnique, really isnt as physical in the run game as some think, grabs alot, cant make line calls....elite isnt what i would use to describe pouncey....mayock disagrees but i just dont see pouncey making a impact like some think he will....Florida lineman on both lines do not do well in the pros...

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
                    pouncey= poor pass protection tecnique, really isnt as physical in the run game as some think, grabs alot, cant make line calls....elite isnt what i would use to describe pouncey....mayock disagrees but i just dont see pouncey making a impact like some think he will....Florida lineman on both lines do not do well in the pros...

I've never seen anyone say he has poor technique. It's always been superb technique, pro-ready from day 1. He's also very intelligent. There's no flaws with Pouncey.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                      I've never seen anyone say he has poor technique. It's always been superb technique, pro-ready from day 1. He's also very intelligent. There's no flaws with Pouncey.

I dont get why you would draft either that high?

You go skilled, skilled...Pick up a late OC...You have us taking 3 O-Line with the 2,3,4th round?

No way...

Not with this skilled of a draft... Not when you can get a Kyle Wilson, or Benn, or Best, even a Cody, a Spikes, McCourty, _________fill in the blank.

Im just not sold on any O-line not named Pouncey and not till the 3rd or later...
                      sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

The reason Pouncey is so highly rated is because Florida had one of the most successful rushing attempts off the line and they did it without any good rushers. Also he has the rare ability to play C G and RT which makes him even more valuable.

Considering that there are only a handful of C who can play G and hardly any that play RT. Versatility is a good thing to have in an Oline because they sometimes have to constantly shift around and in case you want to move another player you wont have to cut or trade them but rather shift them to a different spot. The next C/G would be Eric Olsen who is used to the same power offense, he didnt get to play with Quinn but was in college the same time. Still he is not as amazing as Pouncey as a rush blocker but as a pass blocker he only gave up one sack.

Dont get me wrong I want Tennant or Walton and I would faint if we landed Pouncey but I think Eric Olsen is the most underrated Center in the draft because his team sucked last year

Comment

Working...
                        X