X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronx - Mock Draft - Version 3

Any feedback would be great, this has no trades in, thanks

1 - Dez Bryant - WR - Oklahoma State - 6-2 - 225 - 4.54
    First of all I do not think these rumors are true and that the 'baggage' label for him has been greatly exaggerated. The more I look into him from various sources the more I see something special. He has sneaky good speed that plays much better in games then his 40 time would suggest and is a true #1 receiver and a true deep threat with the ability to get seperation and make catches over his shoulder and in traffic, has moves in the open field and he ALWAYS comes up with the ball when challenging a corner.....or two. He can make plays for us and be that playmaker we lack. With teams having to account for him it opens up the running game and means Marshall/Gaffney can be the #2 possession receiver and Royal can move to his best position, where he will do the most damage, slot. A real red zone weapon and possibly the best playmaker in the draft - He is also by far the best KR/PR in college and makes an immediate impact for us next year. Here's his highlight video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sXYiZjT038

2 - J.D. Walton - C - Baylor - 6-3 - 300 - 5.19
    Almost a pick that makes too much sense. Pouncey will be gone and here is the #2 center who should be available at #45. A team leader, a beast against the run and can play a little guard if need be (although should be our day 1 center for 10-15 years and never move). Has never really been injured and was brought in for a personal visit. 2009 first team all-american. Is strong, tough and has great intangibles, all that McD wants in the trenches.

3 - Lamarr Houston - DE - Texas - 6-3 - 305 - 4.84
    He is a DT but projects as a DE in a 3-4 which is why I listed him as a DE (which he would be for Denver). Will he fall here?? He's projected between bottom of 2 to mid-bottom of 3 so lets hope so. Played HS football in Colorado Springs and was a start basketball player and RB. He is an incredibly atheletic player, very confident and regularly took up 2 blockers at Texas. Even with this he still managed 22 TFL's and 8 sacks his senior year. He has 4 years experience at college. He could, IMO, play NT in a pinch so he offers versatility there, another McD favourite trait. Turned up for the combine with hardly an ounce of fat on him, jumped 9 foot, 6 inches on the broad jump. A hard worker and incredibly atheletic. Offers great value.

4 - Clay Harbor - FB/RB/TE - Missouri State - 6-3 - 252 - 4.62
    We know that we're looking at big RB's and FB's and this is the man IMO. Fantastic value here. We attended Missouri States pro day (where Harbor was the only prospect worth looking at) and Harbor is the clear #1 FB in the draft. His measureables are fantastic. He is big, strong and can run a 4.62 at 252!!!!! That is impressive. He is a versatile player which McD loves as he can pound the rock on short yardage, very impressive blocker at Missouri and has great hands (caught 150 balls for 1,906 yards and 10 TD's with a 12.7 YPC in 4 years). He has 4 years and 43 games worth experience. More of a TE in college and when Scheffler goes he will make up a nice trio with Graham and Quinn. A monster blocker who has the ability to go down field. Here is a day-by-day report I found on him - http://life.atlantafalcons.com/topic...e-clay-harbor/

6 - Chris Marinelli - RT (also played guard) - Stanford - 6-7 - 301 - 5.07
    Is a very versatile player "It really depends on the team. I'm willing to play anywhere that it helps my team compete for the Super Bowl. I'm most comfortable at right tackle, but I've played left, some guard, and even tight end in tackle-over sets." Was at Stanford so must have some smarts. Is a very hard worker, team leader and I read up this about him -
    'Chris does have extensive experience in pulling on runs from the tackle and guard positions'.

When asked what made Chris Marinelli a great draft pick, he related that, "You want to draft someone that is going to help you win. I'm a team leader, I lead by example. I do things the right way, in the film room, meeting room, and weight room. I work relentlessly, and my attention to detail is important. I have never been the most talented, but I've always put out the most effort."

7 - A.J. Wallace - CB - Penn State - 6-0 - 195 - 4.43http://pennstate.scout.com/2/911474.html - Tells a little about him. He worked his way from a back-up in pre-season to a starter on Joe Paterno's D and is now playing at a very good level. Is a good ST's player. Shut down Eric Decker (one catch) when the 2 met and was a real fan favourite at Penn State. Works hard, has good size and speed and can learn behind some very talented CB's / S's here without having any pressure to play much in year 1 or maybe even 2 but will contribute heavily on ST's.

I thought about LB depth but think Haggan will move inside (he is good against the run and a LB captain who McD clearly likes) and I also believe Larsen will become a full time LB.

I would like a speedy Sproles replica at RB but don't really see one and we do have J.J. Arrington who has good speed, good hands coming out of the backfield and is a pretty good returner so maybe he is that player at the moment.

Any feedback would really be appreciated, thanks

That's a pretty solid draft. No real complaints here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
      That's a pretty solid draft. No real complaints here.
      Thanks, everything I read tells me Bryant will be here. The only thing i'm not sure on is if Houston is available, but there's a decent chance he will be.

Comment

If Houston is there in the third at our pick I would be stoked. Good Mock!
        New England Patriots GM

Comment

You know, the Clay Harbor pick is a pretty darn interesting one (and one I hadnt really thought about).

Versatile, thats for sure, which fits well into what McD is looking for. Big guy, so he can provide that short yardage runs we have issues with.

Can be a blocking fullback, allowing Larsen to move full time to ILB to replace Andra/compete with Mario.

And can fit in as a blocking TE in jumbo sets or as a receiving tight end (effectively replacing Scheffler in the receiving category).

You know, I hadnt thought much about this pick, but this is an excellent one!

CPs to you.
          sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
            If Houston is there in the third at our pick I would be stoked. Good Mock!
            Thanks, general consensus is either Indy gets him late in the 2nd or he goes ANYWHERE (from high-low) in the 3rd

Comment

Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
              You know, the Clay Harbor pick is a pretty darn interesting one (and one I hadnt really thought about).

Versatile, thats for sure, which fits well into what McD is looking for. Big guy, so he can provide that short yardage runs we have issues with.

Can be a blocking fullback, allowing Larsen to move full time to ILB to replace Andra/compete with Mario.

And can fit in as a blocking TE in jumbo sets.

You know, I hadnt thought much about this pick, but excellent one!

CPs to you.
              Thanks alot, before I researched for this mock I hadn't thought of him either to be honest but he is a very impressive player and the more I thought about it the more he fitted in here perfectly.

Comment

I'm not a fan of Dez, but other than that, Nice Mock. I agree with Gbt31, if Houston is their at our pick, i would send the card in myself.
                sigpic

Comment

Best mock I have seen by far.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                    I'm not a fan of Dez, but other than that, Nice Mock. I agree with Gbt31, if Houston is their at our pick, i would send the card in myself.
                    Kool, I'll get onto McD about that, maybe I could send in the Walton card?

Comment

Originally posted by TheTruth420 View Post
                      Best mock I have seen by far.
                      Thanks bro, i'd love to see yours.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                        Thanks alot, before I researched for this mock I hadn't thought of him either to be honest but he is a very impressive player and the more I thought about it the more he fitted in here perfectly.
                        Well, I gotta say, it is a good under the rader type of pick and clearly not being talked about alot. Im quite glad you brought him up.

Lets hope McX is reading your mock!
                        sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
                          Well, I gotta say, it is a good under the rader type of pick and clearly not being talked about alot. Im quite glad you brought him up.

Lets hope McX is reading your mock!
                          LOL, I hope so

Comment

Good mock, interesting 4th rounder, but other then that, i wouldnt complain. :salute!:

Comment

pretty good mock man. like the harbor pick
                              Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

Working...
                              X